PDA

View Full Version : AGODA

Brad the Impala
January 20th, 2009, 21:41
The link to AGODA on the opening page is definitely worth checking out when booking hotels. Recently achieved a per night price 30% less than other sites were offering on the same accomodation.

January 20th, 2009, 22:10
My experience exactly. I recently booked two hotels in Singapore (Furama and The Gallery) and one in Malaysia were all were all at least 30% cheaper on Agoda compared to other reservation sites and to the hotels own websites.

bao-bao
January 21st, 2009, 06:35
Agoda merged with Precision Reservations (or bought them out, I'm not sure) but I'd always had good luck with Precision and since their "bonus" points made an easy transfer without any input from me I've continued to use them off and on. Overall I've preferred AsiaRooms over any of the other booking services. Does anyone else have another they think highly of?

Between AsiaRooms and Agoda they cover most of the waterfront, so to speak - Agoda handles some of the higher-end properties, it seems, but I don't stay in high-end hotels so that isn't a selling point for me.

As has been discussed here in an older thread (and specials aside) Agoda can be a little higher overall than AsiaRooms, and even if they show a room rate that's less, beware of the additional fees they tack on when you actually get to booking the room, so their bonus points aren't really "free". Points are added to your total after check-out and they also take a while to post, so you can't use them on the same trip for another hotel.

Compare rates from a couple of sites and you'll probably do well, though... there are specials a-plenty now.

nanette
January 21st, 2009, 09:59
The pricing is similar to Air Asia. There's the big item, and on top of that you also pay for the service charges & taxes. It is best to compare prices at different sites. But they don't carry the same hotel lists, so you may find a better rate at one site over the others.

TrongpaiExpat
January 21st, 2009, 13:32
Does anyone else have another they think highly of?

Sawatdee Hotels (http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/isan.html)

Mostly 2 and 3 star hotels and resorts. They have listing for cities that Agota and Thailand Rooms ignore and very good prices. The web prices are often 30 to 40% less then walk-in or call prices.

All prepaid and you get an e mail voucher. You can change the dates free but refunds are restrictive.

jinks
January 21st, 2009, 22:52
For Samui I use http://www.sawadee.com too.

30% non returnable deposit and 70% to be paid 30 days befrore arrival.

You might notice that I have "borrowed" one of their images :salute: