PDA

View Full Version : pattaya/bangkok trip report

martin911
January 16th, 2009, 19:29
Hi all
Just a few thoughts on my trip,firstly Pattaya is so much busier than Bangkok,and the outside drinking spots(soi 4 and sunne plaza)are much busier than the gogo bars-much more than normal,not too suprising given the prices in the bkk gogo bars 250 v sunne@80 or 90b bhat,
Copa show is good as before but too many gogo men(same as the bar accross the way)
Funny boys-a good selection as alsways for all tastes(and we all like different types btw)
BBB not busy at all,too many
old guys here and the creepy manager would put one off going in

Sunne P is busy everynight,good vibes in all bars ,a real sense off friends out enjoying themselves,without the tourgroup and st8s gaping at the gays
Euroboys-one of the best bars there
JJJ-not a patch on before,too many young lads mabye
Villa rouge-good fun here,seem to have got rid of most off the femme ladyboy types
Coctail--i think same owner as euroboys,the guys dance not just shuffle around

One question i have-pattaya has 2 main gay areas,1 for the older boy types,1 for the younger femme types,
How come the girl scene doesnt have similar,do thai parents think twice about pushing out their17/ 18yo daughters into the bar scenc but dont care about their sons doing the bussiness as it were,anybody care to share their views as to why that might be

January 16th, 2009, 22:02
do thai parents think twice

Lol ! Do they think once ? :bigsmurf:

January 17th, 2009, 00:44
How come the girl scene doesnt have similar

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Pattaya's gay bars.
I guess most of our contributors will have no experience of the girl scene?

January 17th, 2009, 02:03
do thai parents think twice about pushing out their17/ 18yo daughters into the bar scenc They do? Your evidence for this is ... ?

Dani69
January 17th, 2009, 03:47
Well done martin911 ┬╗ you got it spot on R/e Sunee Plazas Gogo bars ...... In MY OPINION Euroboys and Cocktail Boyz are miles ahead of the rest.
Decent music, reasonable prices and nice boys that actually dance ! Keep up the good work Michael (boss of both)

See you again soon well April kinnda soon.

CoffeeBreak
January 17th, 2009, 10:01
Hi all
Just a few thoughts on my trip,firstly Pattaya is so much busier than Bangkok,and the outside drinking spots(soi 4 and sunne plaza)are much busier than the gogo bars-much more than normal,not too suprising given the prices in the bkk gogo bars 250 v sunne@80 or 90b bhat,
Copa show is good as before but too many gogo men(same as the bar accross the way)
Funny boys-a good selection as alsways for all tastes(and we all like different types btw)
BBB not busy at all,too many
old guys here and the creepy manager would put one off going in

Sunne P is busy everynight,good vibes in all bars ,a real sense off friends out enjoying themselves,without the tourgroup and st8s gaping at the gays
Euroboys-one of the best bars there
JJJ-not a patch on before,too many young lads mabye
Villa rouge-good fun here,seem to have got rid of most off the femme ladyboy types
Coctail--i think same owner as euroboys,the guys dance not just shuffle around

One question i have-pattaya has 2 main gay areas,1 for the older boy types,1 for the younger femme types,
How come the girl scene doesnt have similar,do thai parents think twice about pushing out their17/ 18yo daughters into the bar scenc but dont care about their sons doing the bussiness as it were,anybody care to share their views as to why that might be

Martin good report though you never mentioned around the corner from BT namely WW Boy or all the bars in Soi 1, Lucky 7 etc.
I have experience of the girl scene showing straight acquaintances around.
That scene is more controlled so mainly the old hags and "dogs "are foisted onto the stupid straight farangs.
The Thais keep the young ones themselves until they are past it and shunted on to the farangs in the likes of Walking Street.
Some bars though are fortunate and get some half decent young and decent looking girls and in Pattaya there are pockets of places around town that have the equivalent of Sunee.Especially street side karaoke dens.
In Bangkok its' the same and also at the top end there is a whole street exclusive for Japanese etc where there are good lookers but the prices sky high.

TrongpaiExpat
January 17th, 2009, 11:10
I have experience of the girl scene showing straight acquaintances around.
That scene is more controlled so mainly the old hags and "dogs "are foisted onto the stupid straight farangs.
The Thais keep the young ones themselves until they are past it and shunted on to the farangs in the likes of Walking Street.
Some bars though are fortunate and get some half decent young and decent looking girls and in Pattaya there are pockets of places around town that have the equivalent of Sunee.Especially street side karaoke dens.
In Bangkok its' the same and also at the top end there is a whole street exclusive for Japanese etc where there are good lookers but the prices sky high.

That street is Taniya Plaza, runs between Silom and Suriwong. I don't understand the Japanese, why they want their own clubs and don't want to go anyplace where there are farangs, or Thai and Farangs? The Thai cater to this peculiar national characteristic for money but ask a Thai and they also think it strange. Taniya is the one street that a farang can walk down and not get touted but the minute they spot a Japanese guy they spring into action calling them in Japanese. It's not only on Taniya, there are several other of these Japanese only clubs and massage parlors scattered around Sukhumvit and it appears that there are more every year. Many of the older places are going Japanese only.

I have met some good looking Japanese guys in Bangkok gay bars, cafes and saunas who were very willing to go with a farang, so it's not a universal peculiarity.

January 17th, 2009, 12:25
[I don't understand the Japanese, why they want their own clubs and don't want to go anyplace where there are farangs, or Thai and Farangs?How long have you lived in Thailand and still don't understand this practice. Many Japanese want an ironclad guarantee that the girl they go with has never been touched by a white man. It's pure racism

catawampuscat
January 17th, 2009, 13:18
good to see homi back in action.
I think the Japanese probably enjoy being in an atmosphere, where the girls
speak some Japanese and know how to behave in a manner that suits the Japanese sensibilities. They probably enjoy being among other Japanese men as well and the music, lighting etc. will be focused on their taste levels and not the farang way. The businessmen wear suits and use the bars to socialize with their fellow businessmen and customers as well as to find pleasure.
I don't think it is racist to perfer your own nationality and to avoid the
hetero white farangs. It just shows some class and rational thinking..
Many of the Japanese businessmen are wealthy and working and many of the 'white'
straights are from the lowest classes of the UK and Europe and drunk as skunks, very racist, dress like slobs, and are even more boring than the barflies that infest places like Sunee Plaza, in my humble opinion and without any factual basis of course. :cat:

martin911
January 17th, 2009, 19:13
Coffebreak
any exact idea of those pockets in Pattaya that you refef too ree the pretty ones that the Thais keep for themselves
(i hadnt thought about that before but makes sense),i want to do some trawling before some friends join me for a hoiday,

I have seen the Thaina plaza? street in Bkk but have not gone into any but did think that the standerd was good on the street(as i staggered up it on the way too Dj )
thanks for any info