PDA

View Full Version : Is the DJ Station era on the wane?

January 14th, 2009, 06:41
I would have to say yes. At the very least it has undergone a dramatic makeover as far as clientele goes.

I have been going to DJ Station almost every year since 1996. It had always been full of really cute Thai "boys" as well as an assortment of mostly older farang. But last March, my Japanese boyfriend noticed that while the place was filled with cute, slightly fem guys on weekdays, they all seemed to be pushed out the door by a slightly older and much more muscular crowd on Friday and Saturday nights.

Now, almost a year later, and the macho set dominates the scene each and every nght, though there still are a few lithe-and-tender cuties hanging around.

Also, another big change is the large number of really young, good-looking, well-built farang who have swooped in. The fat and fashion clueless dirty old men who literally stand around the dance floor drooling really stand out like sore thumbs now. They have always looked pathetic, lonely and desperate. Now even more so.

As far as DJ Station losing its mojo goes, the late-arriving crowd seemed to be arriving later -- about 1 a.m. -- than on past visits. And the crowd seemed to start thinning out earlier than in the past -- at about 1:30 a.m.

It would appear that G.O.D. is coming into its own -- at least on weekend nights. The place is packed with both muscle boys and cuties, most of whom not only dance topless but compete to show off their gym-toned bodies on the highest platforms. The place oozes gay erotica. And the music is so much better than the same old crap they have been playing in DJ Station for the past several years.

G.O.D. is an after-hours hangout, so it doesn't really get going until after the crowd at DJ Station starts thinning out. But that's happening earlier than ever.

January 14th, 2009, 06:53
.............. the fat and fashion clueless dirty old men who literally stand around the dance floor drooling really stand out like sore thumbs now. They have always looked pathetic, lonely and desperate. Now even more so.

Great to see another well-balanced, non-superficial, non-judgemental new member join the board.

If you weren't too busy checking out the six-packs, the muscles, and the designer clothes which are obviously the most important things in your life - did you venture upstairs at any point to have a laugh at the people up there? I'm just wondering if the skinny farang with the appalling wig who stands/minces in front of the bar every night was there? And if he was, why you didn't mention him?

:cheers:

Beachlover
January 14th, 2009, 17:51
DJ Station is ok... I don't know about it being on the decline. It's still the world's easiest pick up joint and there's plenty of cute boys there... it goes up and down... sometimes there's lots sometimes there's a few. Atmosphere is good. My only complaint is it just gets too crowded to enjoy on some nights.

I don't mind the older and and less visually appealing men at all. Most of them are nice guys. And they make the rest of us look better :D

On the other hand GOD, is getting better. Decent amount of space (but not too much). Heaps of cute boys and great atmosphere. There are a lot of cute boys there and they are very friendly... especially when they are in little groups.

Thai boys seem love inviting someone into their group and getting to know them. And they are so friendly.

I just wish GOD would get going a bit earlier. I might even skip DJ Station if it did.

adman5000
January 14th, 2009, 18:14
I did not visit either place on my last stay. What times are now the best to visit each?

January 14th, 2009, 18:45
Great to see another well-balanced, non-superficial, non-judgemental new member join the board.

If you weren't too busy checking out the six-packs, the muscles, and the designer clothes which are obviously the most important things in your life - did you venture upstairs at any point to have a laugh at the people up there? I'm just wondering if the skinny farang with the appalling wig who stands/minces in front of the bar every night was there? And if he was, why you didn't mention him?

:cheers:

Scottish guy-

I'm sorry that I offended you. My description of some of the people in DJ Station was overly harsh. But can I please make a request? If you're seriously overweight and you come to DJ Station simply to drool can you please not do so in the middle of the dance floor while standing as still as a fossil? And can you maybe try to smile? Please? In fact, if you have to try to smile, maybe that's a clue that you should find some place which actually makes you happy.

Also, didn't see the skinny guy, and believe me, if he had been there my nonjudgmental eyes would have spotted him. There was, however, a young, well-built farang who I could have dissed in my original post. He was getting a lot of sideways glances because he was dancing with his shirt off and sweating profusely. So profusely that he was spraying sweat on those nearby. But I didn't mention him because the smile on his face said he was having the time of his life. And how could I be snarky about someone having more fun than me? He had definitely found the right hangout for himself.

One more thing: I do love six packs.

January 14th, 2009, 19:18
DJ Station losing its mojo

Translate please.

thrillbill
January 14th, 2009, 21:11
I have seen the "excitement" of DJ's slide down... I think after 5 years of occasionally going there on weekends, one notices who the "money boys" which seems to be 80% of the guys there. For me, I like to save my energy and go to G.O.D on Friday or Saturday nite. Most guys there are there to have fun...maybe meet up with someone... but very few "comercial boys". It reminds me of the clubs in Boystown Chicago or in LA where (if you choose) the majority takes off their shirts and have a good time.

Aunty
January 15th, 2009, 01:28
But can I please make a request? If you're seriously overweight and you come to DJ Station simply to drool can you please not do so in the middle of the dance floor while standing as still as a fossil? And can you maybe try to smile? Please? In fact, if you have to try to smile, maybe that's a clue that you should find some place which actually makes you happy.

I've got a better idea. Ban the heaving fatties! :cheers:

January 15th, 2009, 01:36
I've got a better idea. Ban the heaving fatties!You don't want your uncle there? How does homintern feel about that?

Shuee
January 16th, 2009, 01:16
thanks for the info

how about sunday nites, is it still worth a visit,dj & god?