PDA

View Full Version : Shameless annual flogging of BF's business for high season

Smiles
January 12th, 2009, 10:04
Hope there will be not too much criticism of this post.
I only put something like this up once a year at the most, and this being a rather dismal high season in general (though Hua Hin seems quite busy early into January), he needs all the help he can get.
And after all, who here would deny an enterprising Thai man the opportunity to pry every baht possible out of gay mens' pockets in Bad Times?

Anyway, my old man (Mr Suphot-of-Surin-&-Hua Hin) has a taxi / tour guide business which he has on offer to all on the Board ~ and places somewhat beyond ~ to take him up on the opportunity of enjoying a guided tour of Thailand's pleasures (you choose your definition of 'pleasure' and decide wherever you'd like to find them).

He can pick you up at the airport (and then take you anywhere in Thailand, not only Hua Hin).[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can take you back to the airport (if you are going there from Hua Hin & environs).[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can pick you up anywhere, and then take you anywhere.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can take you on long trips (i.e. overnighters) or short.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can be your guide, or just wait around for you to sightsee on your own.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can guide you into the dark and erotic bowels of Bangkok.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can guide you through 'tourist' Bangkok or 'wherever'.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He can guide you through up country Khymer temples, back country isaan roads, rarely visited towns along the Mekong ..... yada yada yada.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
Basically wherever your Thailand adventure calls for a little more personal experience.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
He speaks quite fluent English.[/*:m:2szz56sa]
Boardies get a discount![/*:m:2szz56sa]
Sorry, 'extras' cannot be included :cyclopsani: [/*:m:2szz56sa]

This is the vehicle: A very comfy passenger seat, full aircon, and reasonble sound system.
The inside back seat is big enough for one farang, though it's not as comfortable as the front seat. It's OK for one or two Thai guys, but it's not suitable for any more than than. Realistically, it's a one man+one Thai guy show if you're going on any trip longer than 7 or 8 hours.
As a taxi around town, it will hold 9 ... 3 in the cab and 6 in the back.

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/closeup4.jpg

And this is the driver: Mr Suphot is a mature, 40-year old Thai man from Surin. Speaks very good English, and will drive as you ask him ... stop where you want him to stop ... speed up and slow down as you'd like it. His passengers' safety and happiness are his main concerns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/closeup3.jpg

Anyone interested should PM me on the Board and we can discuss details.

Cheers ...

Beachlover
January 12th, 2009, 10:22
Ahhh... the post is a fortnight too late Smiles... I might have used his services a couple of weeks ago. Good driving and a friendly gay driver sounds good.

I have to say that the taxi drivers in Thailand are complete maniacs.

On one recent long taxi trip the driver spoke little English and spent the first 5-10 minutes giggling, blushing and laughing, almost uncontrollably... no kidding.

I wondered why on Earth he was giggling so much... worried he was either high or intended palm me off to another taxi driver halfway or stop for shopping or something. It was only about half an hour later that I realised he was very gay and "you velly que/cue" meant "cute". I am thick.

During the trip he drove like a maniac... narrow overtakes - "solly solly solly" - speeding up to 170kms/hr... less than 3 metres from the car/van/truck/bus in front. I pictured being decapitated if the bus in front stopped suddenly and wondered if I would have time to duck (so my body goes under the bus with my head still attached). I think he was just picturing how to get around the bus.

The only reason he didn't go even faster was the roof was now vibrating to the point where it felt like it would be ripped off at that speed.... he had to slow down to stop the rattling. The nutcase even had a small racing wheel and racing drivers seat installed.

Another ride was a little better... in a giant mercedes benz I felt safer... the speedometer never went above 80kms/hr but I could swear we were going 3 times faster than other cars. Close to 200kms/hr I think. Lunatics.

Maybe Suphot next time...

Beachlover
January 12th, 2009, 10:28
"Boardies get a discount" ??

x in pattaya
January 12th, 2009, 12:23
He can guide you into the dark and erotic bowels of Bangkok.

Given that proctological tour of Soi Twilight you provided not too long ago, with unseemly & repetitive references to Big Dicks, I would have thought the bowels of Bangkok were your specialty.

I didn't see in any of your description-of-services-available a mention of "whisking." Given the heavy emphasis laid on "whisking" in the Image advert, you may unintentionally be missing out on an important segment of the market: Those Who Need to be Whisked.

January 12th, 2009, 13:53
to take him up on the opportunity of enjoying a guided tour of Thailand's pleasures

He can guide you into the dark and erotic bowels of Bangkok.

you choose your definition of 'pleasure'

Dirty dirty and SM ach that kind ! :flower:

elephantspike
January 12th, 2009, 13:55
He needs to have his own web presence as well in order for any kind of web-based publicity to be effective. Having blurbs on all those sites mentioned above by fatman, as well as here, is a good idea, but there really should be a link in the blurb to some sort of company website or blog that outlines what Subphot's business is all about, as does the original post here by Smiles.

Once the blogging software is set up (I'd be happy to help with that part), it is easy for anyone to add and update content regularly.

Smiles could ghost- write some travel articles to get it started (I could help with the articles about the dark and erotic bowels of Bangkok, too :3some: ).

Then you need to do an RSS output feed, and I could add it to the reader here.

quiet1
January 12th, 2009, 14:27
Here's an example of a web site you could draw upon for ideas, as well:

http://www.benstaxiserviceandtours.com/index.htm

You might want to choose a slightly shorter domain name, though. (Sorry, Ben!)

There are free web hosting sites, but they place "related links" at the top. (If you used Suphot's name as "Pot" they might show links to kitchenware sites, for example)

There are also low-cost (~$5 per month) web hosts that would be free of such sponsored links.

Feel free to PM me for details. I have designed a few web sites, and even host two of them myself. I'm not into fancy schmancy all-singing/all-dancing flash-based animations, but rather just-the-facts-ma'am sites like Ben's. (I have no connection with Ben or his site, other than pleasant memories of meeting him several years ago.)

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 12th, 2009, 16:33
in other words..he can take you to every low down dive Smiles has ever been in ! :drunken:

This is a good idea though..a good guide is as rare as hen's teeth. I had one in Chang Mai who offered a similar service. He was invaluabe and it saves so much time. Good to know there is chap in Bangkok !

PS; doesn't he look so much younger than 40 !!
Could he drive another rental car if need be Smiles ??

Davey612
January 12th, 2009, 21:10
Wasn't he appalled by the shows last time you dragged the poor boy to the down dives? How can we read his smiles?

Oops.

Hope he has a great business this season!

January 13th, 2009, 06:34
Hope there will be not too much criticism of this post.

Do you give critics so much attention ? You a star about critcism other members on this forum.

I hope there no criticism on your post but " if " , take some toilet paper for the tears ! :flower:

Aunty
January 13th, 2009, 07:29
I don't know why you say "shameless." I thought it a very good post.

Smiles is well know for his unrelenting and swift attacks, and his harsh criticism, of other members who have posted to this board advertising their businesses, services etc. Evidently however, when it is someone that Smiles likes, it's ok for them, even him (!), to do that. I guess the word 'shameless' is Smiles' way of eating humble pie, or should we say, humble hamburger?

Personally I don't mind if anyone advertises their business on this board. It all adds to the information of what's on, when, where to find it, and what's available, etc. More so since it will have a gay bent.

I wish Shupot every success for a busy and successful year. The more customers he gets the more power to him as far as I'm concerned.

Davey612
January 13th, 2009, 09:44
Smiles is well know for his unrelenting and swift attacks, and his harsh criticism, of other members who have posted to this board advertising their businesses, services etc.
I wish Shupot every success for a busy and successful year. The more customers he gets the more power to him as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yeah, American teacher comes to mind. What happened to him?