PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Extensive Bar Review - Bangkok and Pattaya

adman5000
January 12th, 2009, 04:00
I just returned from an extended visit to Thailand. Below are some personal observations and opinions about the go-go bars. When offing a boy, I look for a good heart, a handsome face, and a strong Issan Rice Farmer type body with real muscle, so take my comments accordingly. My primary goal is to find a friend for the evening so I do not pay as much attention to the shows or comparison shop on the drinks.

Bangkok BARS:
Hot Male - very nice selection. Claim 69 boys. I normally saw half that number on any given night. Recently put in new stairs, bathroom, pool room and lounge area off the stairway which makes for easy access. Great staff. Nice variety with some former Future Boy dancers. Mediocre show. I offed three different boys and was very satisfied. This is a popular bar so the stunner boys may be offed quickly.

X-Size - I think this will be some stiff competition for Hot Male. Had hired some more new boys when I visited. Excellent selection of about 30-40 boys. I found a wider selection of the type of boys I like than other bars. It was difficult to choose. Had some feminine types to the more macho types. One particularly aggressive and good-looking guy frequently adjusted his bikini undies to give the audience a show of his cock. The staff was excellent and helpful, some had come from Siam Boys which had recently closed and had been at Future Boys before that. The bar appeared very well managed and unlike many bars, rotated the boys at a faster pace but they stayed on stage for a good period of time. I saw one particularly handsome boy who was very skilled in eye contact and tracked me as he rotated around the stage with a great smile. I brought him down for a drink. He spoke little or no English but was handsome as hell and had a great smile and lips. When I asked him if he sa-moked, he quickly smiled and nodded without hesitation. Guess who I offed? It turned out he had GREAT oral skills, a no rush attitude, a skilled tongue, and frequent eye contact to make sure I was enjoying his talents.

Screw Boys - I am glad this bar is back to what I remember. Decent selection of boys although I find it more difficult to view them as the dancers block them a bit. Helpful and experienced staff. They also stay open after the other bars have closed so it is a good choice if your flight arrives late. I offed a boy the night of my arrival and he was very good. Not all the boys work every night so it can be a hit or miss as to whether a particular boy is there that night.

Boys Bangkok/Dream Boy - still a good bar with very good selection but seemed to have slipped a bit with the changing of the Mamasan who was at DB. Some great bodies at this bar but the boys did not have the same friendly feeling as the bars above. I offed one or two boys and it was ok, but not great. It was packed for their show when I was there.

Tawan Bar - A lot of big bodies but I donтАЩt feel they direct much energy at the customers. I used to think I liked the big bodybuilders but now I am more attracted to the smaller more natural guys. Still a good bar for muscles.

Future Boys - Used to be my favorite bar but the quality is not the same as it was. Seemed to have fewer boys of my type. But still worth checking out. The boys I have offed from here have been decent.

Jupiter - This bar seems to get great reviews but I have never offed anyone from there. The boys are handsome enough but donтАЩt have the same eager look as other boys. I also find the staff a bit more aggressive in pushing customers to have the boys down for a drink. Has the best dancing show.
I also visited Classic Boys which was bit too small, feminine, twinky for me, Solid Bar which is decent with cheap drinks, but no boys that attracted me, Fresh Beach Boys which was same-same.

I also visited Be High Bar in Saphan Kwai. It is a small bar and the night I was there had about 6 boys, none of which I was attracted to. I was the only customer.

Pattaya BARS:

I visited Pattaya in early December and found more activity in Pattaya than Bangkok. My favorite bar was Funny Boys. Sawadee Boys did not have any of the types I like during this visit.

Funny Boyz - I visited this bar several times and found it to be very well run and friendly. It had a nice variety of boys and I offed 3 different boys and was satisfied with each. The music was good, the staff was friendly, and the pace of rotation was good. I enjoyed this bar.

Boyz Boyz Boyz - probably a tie for my favorite bar. Staff was friendly and definitely not pushy. Good speed of rotation of the dancers, and some great bodies as well as a few older dancers. If you are into younger or more feminine boys, you wonтАЩt find them at this bar. If you like bigger buy fit guys, youтАЩll find something to you liking here. If I had stayed longer, I would have offed more boys from here.

Copa (formerly Throb/Splash) - the show is entertaining, friendly staff that joked with me, not pushy, very good selection of boys and I saw several that caught my eye. I offed a boy a knew for several years who had worked at several other bars and has a genetically gifted muscular body and always takes good care of me. It was funny when he spotted me coming in as he just about jumped down off the stage.

A-Bomb - decent selection of boys with some nice bodies. Staff was helpful, but not as friendly as Funny Boys.

Dream Boys - friendly service and good selection of boys. I only offed one boy from here as I knew him several years ago. Bar is ok but not as good as it used to be.

Dynamite Boys - great lighting and friendly. The selection of boys is good although not as good as my last visit. I went several times but did not off anyone.

Wild West Boys - a lot of boys but none that hit my fancy. I had visited this bar previously and found more boys with nice bodies, this visit they all seemed same same. The show was excellent here. Staff was mixed, some pushy, some friendly and not pushy.

I visited several other small bars in the Boystown area but did not see anything inside worth staying for. I also visited just a few of the bars in Sunee. Krazy Dragon is a nice enough bar if you like boys showing their cock to you while dancing in front of you but not my thing and no built boys there. Also visited Jim Jimmy James Bar and they had improved from last time by having boys who looked of age but no built boys that I saw. Villa Rouge looked interesting and I would have liked to have checked it out if I had more time, but I made just a quick pass through Sunee.

I strongly recommend checking all the bars as things can change overnight. I also recommend taking good care of the mamasans if they steer you right. A few words from them to the boy can make the difference between an OK time and a great time.

January 12th, 2009, 08:37
Hi

Had a lot of fun reading this. I'll ask you 2 dumb questions but if you just want to laugh & not answer I'd understand that. I'm just starting in my learning about Thailand.

1. You offed a pretty good number of guys. When you do that, do you take them to your hotel or condo or whatever, or have sex on the premises, or some other alternative I just don't know about.

2. Through the postings I see there's not a lot of mention about rimming or fucking. Is this a common thing for these boys to do and to have done to them, or is it a smaller number who engage in this kind of stuff or some other idea I don't know about yet.

Thanks again for the description. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Brandon,

Some venues have rooms on the premises which they rent for a "short time." I generally prefer my hotel. As far as rimming & fucking, you get an idea of what the boy does when you talk to him in the bar. I have had a few instances where the boy tells me he'd be willing to bottom, we get to the room and he tells me he's a top. Drives me crazy! I love rimming and have met no resistance.

adman5000
January 12th, 2009, 08:47
Brandon-
My preference is to go back to my hotel or condo to be comfortable. Normally this is for a short time(a couple of hours)unless I know the boy and then he may stay overnight if he chooses. Some people may choose other alternatives such as using an upstairs room on the premises or taking the boy to a short time hotel. To me, that is just extra expense and I choose a hotel that allows guests to join you.(some do not)
As for your second question, although posters may not explicitly discuss what they do, you can be sure it runs the gamut. In terms of what the boy will do, you determine that by directly asking him before you off him. There are some things some of the boys won't do and there are some boys who will do whatever it takes. I tell them exactly what I want to do or want them to do and get solid agreement. If you do not speak Thai or they do not speak English, you can have the mamasan do the communication with the boy.
Man, it sounds like you need to make a trip over there! Feel free to PM me if I can answer any specific questions.

catawampuscat
January 12th, 2009, 09:47
excellent review of BKK and Pattaya boy bars. I really don't need to know
if the drinks are 20B. more or less and how clean the toilets are. It is all
about the atmosphere, the ambience and the attitudes and of course the boys/guys.
I like adman's approach and generally am in agreement with his observations.

Honesty is very important and one is not guaranteed of anything even if
everything is agreed to in advance. The boys are not machines and work differently with different customers. Sometimes a boy is fantastic one time and flat the next, with the same customer. I have listened to friends who raved about boys and when
I entertained the same boys , I could not understand what my friend found so great.. :cat:
I am amused by some friends who have had sex with the same Thai guy and one was an exclusive top and one an exclusive bottom and both raved and both repeated many times with the Thai boy and were convinced what a great top or bottom he is..
Both were totally clueless as to the boy's versatility and if one listened to either, they would only get half of the true picture..
Follow your own instincts and feelings and after a while your radar will improve and experience is the best teacher..
Of course, you will still make many mistakes in your choices but you learn to accept what comes and to move on when you pick a loser.
Some farangs get so angry that they return to the boy's bar and demand a refund as the boy lied or failed to get a boner and expect customer service when they threaten never to return and to tell everyone they know that the boy/bar is no good but it is just a lot of hot air
to most bars unless you are a regular and have a good relationship with management..
It really is just about having fun and a good time and it is a crap shoot.. sometimes you win and sometimes you don't but most times
things work out fine.. :cat:

Smiles
January 12th, 2009, 10:19
Thanks for taking the time and energy to post this long and nicely detailed report Adman. Much appreciated.

Not much written here about Saphan Kwai anymore. Anyone plumbed the depths of that neighbourhood lately?

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
January 12th, 2009, 11:44
Not much written here about Saphan Kwai anymore. Anyone plumbed the depths of that neighbourhood lately?

Cheers ...

Yes, we (the BF and I) go over there from time to time. We often go to this gay bar/restaurant/karaoke called Kittung and I am guessing on the spelling, the sign only in Thai: р╕Др╕┤р╕Фр╕Цр╕╢р╕З. It's on Pradphat soi 21, short walk from Pradphat, on your left. Outside and indoor seating. Everyone goes in groups or pairs. It seems to be the only gay bar with good business other than then the saunas, 39, Farose and Chakran.

The few remaining former go-go's, 'be high' and 'charming' are mostly dead. A few Thai customers on weekends here and there. Boy are in street clothes. It's just a shadow of what it was in the past (early 90's) with Midnight Night Cowboy (RIP) leading the pack.

I notice that Spice has now omitted all Saphan Kwai venues from the magazine guides. Max, Thai Phuen and Variety still lists and some run adds for special events. If you can find a copy.

adman5000
January 12th, 2009, 16:29
Smiles- When I visited Saphan Kwai, I also visited the Karaoke/Host bar Adam. It is a cozy bar with very friendly service. Although I came alone, I was made to feel at home. It seemed very popular with groups coming to to sing and drink together and all appeared to be having a great time. Drinks were very reasonable. Air circulation was very good. But the number and quality of the boys (who are dressed in street clothes) varies so may be hit or miss on any given night.(I have learned to be a lot more aware of Thai holidays when the boys may return home for this reason. ) I still found it a very welcome change from the shopping trip feeling of going to the go-go bars. Very relaxed and entertaining.
I will try Kittung on my next visit!

llz
January 13th, 2009, 03:06
Yes, we (the BF and I) go over there from time to time. We often go to this gay bar/restaurant/karaoke called Kittung and I am guessing on the spelling, the sign only in Thai: р╕Др╕┤р╕Фр╕Цр╕╢р╕З. It's on Pradphat soi 21, short walk from Pradphat, on your left. Outside and indoor seating. Everyone goes in groups or pairs. It seems to be the only gay bar with good business other than then the saunas, 39, Farose and Chakran.
I thought I knew Saphan Khwai well ... but never heard of this place ...From your description, I guess it is on the north side of Pradiphat. Do they have available boys ?
As for the other bars, I found when I was there last November that bars such as Charmming and Adam were most of the time quite busy but mostly with thai patrons - although Charmming seems to have a fair farang following. Waterloo should have gone back to its original location (west side of the soi), how is it now ?
BTW I just read that a new gay restaurant/bar would have opened in the vicinity, close to the former V-Club (Phahonyothin 7, BTS Aree). In fact it is a restaurant during the day and then turns to a Charmming-style bar after 9/10 pm. I will check but this will be only in nine months (270 days :angryfire: !!!!)

Bob
January 13th, 2009, 03:47
Yes, we (the BF and I) go over there from time to time. We often go to this gay bar/restaurant/karaoke called Kittung and I am guessing on the spelling, the sign only in Thai: р╕Др╕┤р╕Фр╕Цр╕╢р╕З.

Kit Teung....believe that means "miss" or "missing" (as in "I miss you"). Standard ending and/or comment in almost every thai boy's letter.

adman5000
January 17th, 2009, 18:07
р╕Др╕┤р╕Фр╕Цр╕╢р╕З- so I assume it is on the small Soi just before Soi 19 when walking from the BTS?

http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/map/1/3/

January 29th, 2009, 21:36
Just a quick review on some bars i went to on my recent trip to BKK (in order of visit)
I don't usually off boys so I can't comment on how much the fine is or whether it is difficult to get the boys you want.
I mostly go to ogle at the boys on offer as well as to enjoy the shows.

Jupiter
Good selection of boys. Lookswise pretty good quality.
In my opinion, quite a few seemed a bit too intimidating to off (diva-ish attitude). But that being said, by the end of the show, most of them were offed.
Show was by far one of the better ones I've seen but hardly any "exposure" until pretty much the last set and Big C**k Show. Definitely no F****** show.
But the songs, choreography and dance items were definitely of a high standard.
Also, this is the first place I've been to that had a very pretty Katoey lead singer. The other places I've been to have damn ugly ones with grotesque make-up or those who super-overact. Am not particularly keen on ladybois but at least this one was good.
No smoking ban strictly adhered to. Drink 250Bh paid at entrance in exchange for drink coupon.
Pretty good experience although I would have like to see a bit more 'appendages' especially of some of the cuter bois :tongue:

Hotmale
Large selection of boys ranging from twink to mature (just plain old to me), slim to defined to muscled and fair to dark.
However to me, even with such a large selection, lookswise there were a only a tiny handful which i thought even worthy of being offed. The three best ones I thought turned out to be from Laos (as one of my mamasan frens informed me) but all "boy" not "gay".
As for the show, it wasn't too bad actually. Quality of the items weren't as great as Jupiter but definitely waaaay more exposure. Apart from the first item, all other items had appendages in full glory. F****** show at the end with the pair going around in the audience to get some tips.
No smoking ban largely ignored.
Drinks 220Bh.
I would recommend the place. :thumbleft:

Dreamboys
My own opinion - worst of the lot that I went to.
I can't comment much on the quality of boys cos I went in just in time for the show but from what I saw I guess it wasn't too bad but no stunners.
The show was horrendous. Almost every item was a ladyboi performance. And these were the typical over-done up, hysterical, supposedly funny types. It was over Chinese New Year so all had a chinese theme to it so maybe it was a special show for the event.
But still, I didnt go to a go-go bar to see 'ladies'. I wanted to see the guys but unfortunately there was very little of that. There was a B** C**** Show but none of the guys on display whetted my appetite. The F****** show had ugly tops and bottoms.
Guess this was a disappointment for me so I won't consider going there again for a long time.
But then, maybe it's just my tastes so others may find it a better experience.
No smoking ban adhered to.
Drinks 250bh.
:pale: