PDA

View Full Version : Trip Review - Massage Places in Bangkok

adman5000
January 12th, 2009, 03:22
I visited more massage places on my recent trip than on previous visits. My preference is for muscular good-looking Issan Rice Farmer type boys so please take my comments accordingly. I like the Thai style massage and extra services if the chemistry is right.

Sukothai Massage - on Silom Road near the parking entrance to Silom Shopping Complex. I had several massages here and was very satisfied. It is a small, kind of a ratty type building but prices were lower than most. The first time I had a foot massage during the weekend and it was from a very nice university student who did a great job. Later I had a full body Thai massage (no oil or cream) and it was by an older guy but a good strong massage. After seeing the rooms which were very basic, I elected to get my future massages at my room. It is 1200 baht for this out service plus tip(although I was told conflicting stories on whether tip was included) and the massage is for 2-3 hours. I found this much more comfortable being in my own room. They have cards with the boys face pic on them at the front desk so you can choose your masseur. My method of selection was more accidental. I happened to be walking through Patong and spotted a very muscular guy in a tight shirt who just happened to be going to Sukothai. When I went in, I spotted another younger well-built guy with a cute face. I chose him. Although he spoke no English, he gave an outstanding massage. And to watch his body while he was massaging me wasnтАЩt bad either. I managed to practice my Thai with him and learned he worked out every day for 2-3 hours before work. It showed and I enjoyed. I had him as my masseur several times. I found this to be a solid massage place with some well built guys and with decent rates but with below standard rooms onsite. I selected masseurs for true massage so I cannot comment on extra services.

Senso Massage - on Soi Saladaeng about a block from the intersection with Silom and on the side where the parking garage entrance is. I walked past it the first time. It is a small plain entrance. It is new and seemed to be very upscale and which was reflected in the prices. I saw many attractive and well-built masseurs here. But I thought there prices were a bit steep to me so I tried some others first. I think it was 2000 baht for an hour massage including tip. But to be fair, I think you would get what you paid for at this place. My sixth sense and comments by the staff told me the boys were very accommodating in massage as well as extra services. I will try them on my next visit.

Hero Massage - this has always been a favorite of mine. Unfortunately I did not see my favorite masseur here and I was a bit picky that day and did not see anyone that caught my eye. But there was a great selection of many masseurs and it is a lower pressure type environment to look in the room and select a boy. I also see fewer Farangs here. They were not pushy at all and waited for me to voice a preference for someone.

Albury - not far from Hero and worth a trip. They always seem to have a good selection. My only complaint is that where the boys are and where you sit is too far away and they seem to have added a partially frosted panel which can hide the guys a bit. My eyesight must be getting worse because they put me at a rear table and I could not see well enough. But from what I saw, I did not see one that caught my eye.

Adonis - another popular venue on Soi Convent. While walking there I saw some handsome guys that I would have chosen in a second for a massage. I went around 4 or 5 PM and things seemed very slow. The favorite boys I have used previously were not there and I did not see anyone to my liking. However the staff was very helpful and that day, the guy that was covering for the normal staff was normally a massage boy. He was a very sweet and handsome guy and made the visit worth it alone. I chatted with him a bit and he said they were only getting a few customers each day. Hopefully things have picked up for them. I was there right after New Years which also may have explained the selection available.

Casanova- on the way to Adonis on Soi Convent just a block or so from the Soi where Adonis is. I had read something positive about the place somewhere so I decided to check it out. They had a few other Asian visitors at the time. I decided to just get a foot massage and to check out the massage guys and ask questions.. The guy did a great foot massage and the other staff were very friendly in speaking with me as well, probably bored out of their mind with so few customers. But it made for a comfortable environment. The guy I had was pretty quick to ask me if I had a girlfriend or boyfriend so I suspect he would offer extra services with a full body massage. It was a pleasant atmosphere.

Indra - On Soi Tawan. I had read a lot of comments about this place on another board, some positive some negative so I decided to try it out. They had a special on 60 minute and 90 minute full body Thai massage for something like 200/350 baht which I thought was a good value. But since my hotel was nearby I went for a outcall which I think was about 700 baht for 90 minutes. I did not choose the masseur but the guy who they paired me with seemed solidly built so I anticipated a decent massage. He gave an excellent massage and said he had learned from friends and from the staff at Indra. He must have listened will as it was a very good and strong massage the way I like it.

Bonny Massage - I passed by several times. On a few occasions I noted one taller masseur who had a chest that filled out his undershirt pretty well. I did not get a massage here but they had some decent looking guys. I will save it for next time.

There seem to be new massage places every time I visit Bangkok. Someone mentioned one that is down the Soi where Solid Bar is, but I did not see any. Can anyone advise? Any suggestions on ones I havenтАЩt mentioned.? (I have been to Aqua, Arena, Vclub and find them all pretty much the same.)

I did not visit any massage places in Pattaya. I normally get my massage at the beach. An older guy who gives a good strong Thai style massage always spots me and I use him.

TrongpaiExpat
January 12th, 2009, 12:16
Senso Massage - on Soi Saladaeng about a block from the intersection with Silom and on the side where the parking garage entrance is. I walked past it the first time. It is a small plain entrance. It is new and seemed to be very upscale and which was reflected in the prices. I saw many attractive and well-built masseurs here. But I thought there prices were a bit steep to me so I tried some others first. I think it was 2000 baht for an hour massage including tip. But to be fair, I think you would get what you paid for at this place. My sixth sense and comments by the staff told me the boys were very accommodating in massage as well as extra services. I will try them on my next visit.

No, it's not 2000 but I know how you misunderstood that. They have this confusing list and types of massage and scrubs. The one hour oil is something like 600. Min tip is 1000 (extra service). The masseur gets nude from the get-go and takes a shower with you before and after. The massage last the full time. Excellent facility, service and management.

January 12th, 2009, 13:05
IThe first time I had a foot massage during the weekend and it was from a very nice university student who did a great job. Later I had a full body Thai massage (no oil or cream) and it was by an older guy but a good strong massage.The phrase "full body massage" is usually code for "massage followed by sex" and I think what you meant was that you had a body massage, no sex. I'd have to say offing a masseur for 1200 baht + tip when it didn't involve sex seems totally excessive to me. It's also confusing that you mix up places where sex may occur but is not the principal purpose (such as Sukothai) with places where it almost certainly will occur such as Adonis or Senso and the "massage" is merely cover for the sex. Sites such as Utopia make it pretty clear which is which

adman5000
January 12th, 2009, 17:28
Confused Homintern:
On full body massage, I agree.
On price of offsite massage for 1200, the first time I was told that it included the tip. The second time a different person said the tip was not included. Either way, the guy was worth it to me as it went for 3+ hours and as he knew me he did more.
In regards to extra services, I have had them offered at nearly all the places I visited. It can also vary depending on the boy and chemistry between the customer and the masseur.
I would suggest you go by Utopia information if that is less confusing to you. Personally I find them more confusing! Just read the various comments about Senso and let me know if you figure out what you are getting and the cost!

TrongpaiExpat
January 12th, 2009, 22:30
I dropped by Senso this evening around 5pm. It's 650 for one hour massage (choice of oil), min extra service tip is 1000B. 800B for 90 min and min tip 1,200. There's a vip room and one hour is 1250B. It's a nice room but not sure if many are interested. The regular rooms are quite nice. There were about 15 guys to pick from and I think there's about 10 rooms and all but two were occupied.

Most of them hover somewhere in the vicinity of 600 an hour if it's a get nude from the start place with a private room. Those with less private (curtains, common ceilings) the masseur keeps some of his clothes on you can knock of a few hundred from that price and something less on the tip, negotiated when the time comes for extras and depending on what extras.

Babylon charges 500 an hour for a no sex oil massage, no tip. They are now offering "erotic" massage for 1,500 but have a back up sign with 1,200 sometimes (weekdays?) I assume no tip as well . I don't know exactly what it entails and don't know anyone that has tired it. Anyone here try it?

Chakran just started offering massages too. I know nothing about this one as well. Anyone with info?

krobbie
January 13th, 2009, 00:27
I go to a wot in deepest Sathorn. The people who work there have been doing straight Thai massage (no happy ending) for years. The cost for a one hour massage is 60 baht with 50 baht (generous tip). I have been going there for a year and a half and am the only European I have ever seen there. My Turk/Pakistan lover showed me the place when we first met and the massage is great. I am somewhat of a curiousity as a) I'm European (white), b) I only have one leg (the other prosthetic). Much fun and laughter each time I go. Not at me I am assured by my guy but the same good humour with which I treat the situation also. Like always asking the mammasan for a discount because I am one leg short etc. I had one massage a week over Christmas New Year period. Just back in NZ and now have to wait until April for another.

Cheers
krobbie

January 13th, 2009, 07:54
TrongpaiExpat - It's not Chakran that's offering massage, but V-Club, now moved to share the same building, but with a separate entrance.

pong
January 13th, 2009, 19:20
anyone can see a near complete list of gay ''fullbody'' massage venues all over Bangkok-till the far outer ends of Rangsit and BangKhae-on the site thailandscene.com. If they know sites-they are linked-many of those are in Thai only.
there are 3 listed in soi Pratoochai=where B/u/o/nny is. There are also a cluster on Ram IV beside Suriwong and the other end of Pratoochai. Near Indra/Solid- used to be TAURUS-in that giant building where long, long ago Barbiery went over-and then failed-so did Tuarus-all bisnis there seems to be doomed for failure in a few monthes.
60 bt/hr for normal nuat is indeed far cheaper as about anywhere in BKK-the lowest I saw was 100 bt-anytime or 99bt/only at nonbusy times in faraway Thonburi.

adman5000
January 17th, 2009, 17:37
a good list. thank you.

litefoot2
January 20th, 2009, 04:35
I go to a wot in deepest Sathorn. The people who work there have been doing straight Thai massage (no happy ending) for years. The cost for a one hour massage is 60 baht with 50 baht (generous tip). I have been going there for a year and a half and am the only European I have ever seen there. My Turk/Pakistan lover showed me the place when we first met and the massage is great. I am somewhat of a curiousity as a) I'm European (white), b) I only have one leg (the other prosthetic). Much fun and laughter each time I go. Not at me I am assured by my guy but the same good humour with which I treat the situation also. Like always asking the mammasan for a discount because I am one leg short etc. I had one massage a week over Christmas New Year period. Just back in NZ and now have to wait until April for another.

Cheers
krobbie

Hey Krobbie,
Could you be more specific on the Sathorn Wat ? I'm looking for a standard Thai massage without the crowds (Wat Po) or hassle. Sathorn is nearby for my hotel. Thanks much.

Les

January 29th, 2009, 20:53
Just did a review of Senso posted under the Senso so-so thread. You guys can check that out if you're considering the place. :cat: