PDA

View Full Version : Hifi in Pattaya

January 10th, 2009, 15:33
Hi,

I just had a big cinema screen fitted in my bedroom to watch "exciting" movies with my projector, of course not what you think :colors: . When I looked around I did not find any shop that sells decent hifi equipment. (Speakers and Amplifiers). Does anyone know where to get that or is there a second hand market somewhere?

thanks for any help
MaX

x in pattaya
January 10th, 2009, 15:58
PowerBuy in Tukcom has a limited range of things, but if your specify what you want or can find it in their catalog, I'm sure they can order it from their Bangkok store or warehouse.

In the soi that runs somewhat parallel to Pattaya Tai and behind Tukcom (I think soi 16??) there is a shop or two that has used equipment & TVs, etc. Probably a caveat emptor applies.

I could have said "buyer beware," but a non-English word stuck in here & there tends to infuriate a certain party, so why miss the chance to twist his knickers in an even tighter knot.

mahjongguy
January 10th, 2009, 16:23
I'm afraid that if it is quality you are looking for -- whether it be in hifi equipment, home furnishings, clothing, boys, what have you -- you will have to come to Bangkok. There just does not seem to be a demand in Shitsville for anything of quality.

Mostly I agree, but I might modify your statement to say that there's very little in the middle range of goods. A bit of top end, a lot of low end, but not much in between.

Example: PowerBuy at Homeworks has one set of KEF speakers (for a princely sum) and the rest is junk.

January 10th, 2009, 20:49
Try Numchai on Sukhumvit Road, just before Central Pattaya as you come from North Pattaya. Depends on your budget...

dab69
January 10th, 2009, 20:53
I'm afraid that if it is quality you are looking for -- whether it be in hifi equipment, home furnishings, clothing, boys, what have you -- you will have to come to Bangkok. There just does not seem to be a demand in Shitsville for anything of quality.

"shitsville"?

Is the pretend Colonel related to Chao Twerp?

x in pattaya
January 11th, 2009, 15:37
Is the pretend Colonel related to Chao Twerp?

If the pretend Colonel and all his alter-egos were consolidated, the number of posters contributing to the board would be greatly reduced .

January 11th, 2009, 15:49
The pretend colonel doesn't come close to the style and erudition of the :cheers: real thing :cheers: , who you will remember was voted the most popular poster on the board not long ago.

January 11th, 2009, 17:03
The pretend colonel doesn't come close to the style and erudition of the :cheers: real thing :cheers: , who you will remember was voted the most popular poster on the board not long ago.

But who by??

Brad the Impala
January 11th, 2009, 18:56
"By whom" surely?

January 11th, 2009, 20:31
"By whom" surely?

Not if the subject and the object were one and the same, Brad!

January 12th, 2009, 03:25
Let's be realistic:

Bearing in mind the advanced age of most of the posters here (I'd say 70 would be about average, but I'm willing to accept it may be higher) - they really ought not to waste time searching for good quality HiFi components, and I will explain why.

The fact is that most of them will have an bilateral sensorineural hearing loss of between 40-70 DBHL, and most severe in frequencies above 2000 Hertz. The chances of them hearing anything well are remote, irrespective of what HiFi equipment they buy.

However, all is not lost - last time I travelled through Pattaya on the Baht Bus I spotted a Hearing Aid shop!

I would suggest that posters of a certain age (i.e. most of you) phone for an appointment tout-de-suite. A pair of Hearing Instruments would be of far more benefit than expensive HiFi equipment belting out "Dancing Queen" and "YMCA" at full volume due to your inability to hear it at a normal level!

The neighbours will also be mightily relieved.

:cheers:

giggsy
January 12th, 2009, 03:47
average 70!!!
blandon thinks most of us are young thai boys,,,you do spoil it for some of us younger ones

January 12th, 2009, 04:13
Let's be realistic:

Bearing in mind the advanced age of most of the posters here (I'd say 70 would be about average, but I'm willing to accept it may be higher) - they really ought not to waste time searching for good quality HiFi components, and I will explain why.

The fact is that most of them will have an bilateral sensorineural hearing loss of between 40-70 DBHL, and most severe in frequencies above 2000 Hertz. The chances of them hearing anything well are remote, irrespective of what HiFi equipment they buy.

However, all is not lost - last time I travelled through Pattaya on the Baht Bus I spotted a Hearing Aid shop!

I would suggest that posters of a certain age (i.e. most of you) phone for an appointment tout-de-suite. A pair of Hearing Instruments would be of far more benefit than expensive HiFi equipment belting out "Dancing Queen" and "YMCA" at full volume due to your inability to hear it at a normal level!

The neighbours will also be mightily relieved.

:cheers:

You are being facetious, young man. I have absolutely no regrets about laying out mony a bawbee on my hi-fi system.

Noo tak yer chanter oota yer ass and show some respect for your elders and betters.