PDA

View Full Version : There (probably) is no god

January 10th, 2009, 15:10
When will we get to see this on American buses?
http://www.atheistcampaign.org/[attachment=0:2hw13pht]NoGod.jpg[/attachment:2hw13pht]

January 10th, 2009, 16:53
http://www.atheistcampaign.org/[attachment=0:3q8jzpjz]NoGod.jpg[/attachment:3q8jzpjz]

If there is a God and he inhabits the places where he is worshipped most, e.g. America, the Middle East, Poland, the Philippines, then clearly he is best avoided.

January 12th, 2009, 13:12
Any God that would create Thonglor55 would be best avoided.Quite so

Wesley
January 14th, 2009, 04:47
Any God that would create Thonglor55 would be best avoided.Quite so

Indeed!

Wes

Beachlover
January 17th, 2009, 18:20
The Athiest Foundation in Australia tried to run a series of ads but the media network refused to run them... I hope they find some way to do it soon... I'm a bit sick of all the religious advertising.

Every Friday night outside my office a lunatic puts 4 big signs on the pedestrian path (blocking the crowded pedestrian traffic) and gets on a loudspeaker to rant about god and Jeasus... I wish the authorities would move him on... what an unwelcome nuisance. I feel like tripping over his signs and knocking him into an oncoming bus...

January 17th, 2009, 19:03
After being subjected to religious indoctrination all those years ago at school, finally an organisation sets out to try & balance things up.

They have my support.

January 17th, 2009, 19:58
After being subjected to religious indoctrination all those years ago at school, finally an organisation sets out to try & balance things up.

They have my support.

Mine too.

<<rant mode on>>
Now some bleedin' cross-carrying driver is refusin' to take 'is baaas out!!!

He won't get far if the company sack 'im. You'll be pleased to hear that the registrar who refused to perform Civil Partnerships and originally won at an employment tribunal has lost the appeal by her employers.

Do yer job or vacate the position an let some other bugger do it!

<<rant mode off>>

quiet1
January 17th, 2009, 23:45
http://www.atheistcampaign.org/[attachment=0:3flkqi78]NoGod.jpg[/attachment:3flkqi78]
Apparently you can already see something similar on Washington DC transit buses:

http://www.whybelieveinagod.org/images/tail_U-Street.jpg

http://www.whybelieveinagod.org/images.html

January 20th, 2009, 15:40
The favorite prayer of one man I know is, "Jesus, protect me from thy followers."

I can not recall a case of athiests citing athiestism--As d+o some religions cite their religious beliefs--as justification for sex crimes, including sex crimes against children.

I can not think of a war started by athiests--But plenty by power-hungry &\or money-hungry thugs winding-up the dumbest amongst us, in the name of one religion to do battle with those of another: Bosnia, the Crusades, Lebanon, Northern Ireland, WWII....

I believe every religion in existance (Gaa, this REALLY pisses `em off!) is every bit as good as every other religion--As is any religiuon that ever WAS in existance. (But some are more bad.)

Religous tollerence only means you have to put up with them: you must not murder them or fire-bomb them or their places of worship. Now tell THEM that!

I can not think of an incidence of athiests denying equal rights--But can think of plenty of times athiests have, peacefully but effectively, stood up for the rights of themselves--And others.
Religions denying & fighting against equal rights, on the other hand, are myriad. Recent; & I'm sure not last: the defeat of proposition 8.

January 20th, 2009, 16:39
Every Friday night outside my office a lunatic puts 4 big signs on the pedestrian path (blocking the crowded pedestrian traffic) and gets on a loudspeaker to rant about god and Jeasus.Surely one of our technically or IT minded members can come up with a suggestion. I've thought a very useful gadget would be something small, size of those iPod thingies, that you could point at the offending microphone and it would immediately start that squealing sound you sometimes get around microphones. Brandon seems a techie whiz, perhaps he can suggest something

As for Edith's comment - I look forward to hearing of the first group of agnostics to carry out a terrorist act. It always seems to be God's people who have all the fun. I've also yet to hear what the difference is between the belief systems of George Bush, Tony Blair and Osama bin Laden if you start from the position that it is unlikely that God exists. Those of us who think belief in a God or Gods is highly improbable regard their efforts to differentiate their beliefs as mere doctrinal quibbles, arguments akin to debates about the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin. If you don't believe in God or angels the arguments become exceedingly trivial. Perhaps if I took Wesley off {Ignore}?

But now back to more serious matters. The office beach bunny is looking for me

Wesley
January 20th, 2009, 19:47
Don't bother to take me off Ignor, I could not be happier, if you did however , you would find out I was fuckign with your head all that time.

Wes