PDA

View Full Version : Gym Membership Bangkok

January 8th, 2009, 12:09
Anyone have experience of gym membership in Bangkok. There seem to be many to choose from but I can't get any information via websites or email from them about fees. I'll be there Feb-May.

catawampuscat
January 8th, 2009, 12:13
check with trongpaiexpat. He is a regular at the gyms and knows his
stuff. He is also friendly and open to being contacted ..
:cat:

January 8th, 2009, 12:48
Anyone have experience of gym membership in Bangkok. There seem to be many to choose from but I can't get any information via websites or email from them about fees. I'll be there Feb-May.

I paid 26,000B for lifetime membership with California, full access to all clubs, with a 100B annual membership renewal fee. But the 'off the rack' price the sales guy quoted me was 35,000B. I have heard of Thai guys getting the same thing for 15,000B.
I think the way to go is to shop around California, True Fitness and Fitness First, compare prices, and bargain!

TrongpaiExpat
January 8th, 2009, 13:07
Depends on the area that your going to stay. You'll want something close as commuting anyplace in Bangkok gets old quick. Just look around find a few close by (independents and chains) and walk in and ask. If you only want a gym for two months then all the yearly memberships at California and Fitness First will not do you any good.

I have membership in Fitness First Plus. I can go to any Fitness First, there's many in Bangkok and other countries. I don't like California Wow, the music is way too loud.

x in pattaya
January 8th, 2009, 15:30
Could I somewhat hijack the thread and ask about Pattaya as well. I just want to be able to use a treadmill for exercise a few times aweek. I thought there was a place or two in the vicinty of Soi Day-Night, but after doing a walk around this morning, they either have vanished or I was looking in the wrong places. I'm sure I've seen a few small places with exercise equipment in the South Pattaya Rd area, but can't recall where.

January 8th, 2009, 15:46
If there is a Fitness First branch convenient to you the rest of the year, you'll find that the branches in Bangkok are excellent and you just need to tell your home branch that you'll be visiting. Your home branch will give you a letter or passport which is good for a certain number of uses. Branches in Singapore and Hong Kong are also excellent.

January 8th, 2009, 22:11
Thanks for replies and advice given so far. Looks like the best plan is to go round a few clubs, look at the facilities and haggle for a good deal. :bounce: