PDA

View Full Version : Marina Inn Plaza Hotel Pattaya and Skandalic hotel

Dani69
January 7th, 2009, 18:20
I know i am getting boring asking on comments on -hotels but I want to try and find a nice one that is well located and offers value for money so if anyone has any comments on the above I would appreciate it.
Also as this Hotel is advertised as Gay friendly I take it there will be no problem with bringing back an overnight guest (or guests).
Last thing is there a cover charge for guests there.? :blackeye:

Also any comments on Skandalic hotel as well please.

Wesley
January 7th, 2009, 19:48
I hear the Ambiance is the place to be for convenience, I am sure they have no joiners fee.

Wes

markie1
January 7th, 2009, 20:06
Can anyone recommend a nice hotel where they won't charge me extra if I get shit on the sheets? I suggest you book in to the bankkock hospital if you are incontinent,,and please advice members so they dont book the same hotel

x in pattaya
January 7th, 2009, 20:20
Also as this Hotel is advertised as Gay friendly I take it there will be no problem with bringing back an overnight guest (or guests).
Last thing is there a cover charge for guests there.? :blackeye:

In Pattaya, virtually all hotels are more or less gay friendly. Maybe places like Dusit Thani or Royal Cliffs could get a little snooty if you're bringing in "joiners" nightly, but otherwise I seriously doubt any hotel would not welcome gay guests. Many/most hotels will want the boy to show or possibly deposit some ID, which is partially for your safety and some have a joiner's fee. If someone on this board doesn't definitely know if there's a fee at a specific hotel or what the fee is, send them an email and ask. Some hotel websites will state whether or not there is a fee. If you're staying with the same guy the whole time, it's best to just have him check in with you.

Ambiance or Cafe Royal are OK if you're a newbie or want to stay right in the midst of Boyz Town, but it is kind of a dreary neighborhood, there's no pool, etc. and I wouldn't say they "offer value for money" in terms of the room or facilities.

Wesley
January 7th, 2009, 20:43
my recommendation was tongue in cheek, however, I am sure they will not charge you for shit on the sheets. They are quite use to skid marks... :queen:

Wesley
January 7th, 2009, 20:51
Col. you are nothing else is not consistant...

LOL

Indeed

Wes

joba
January 7th, 2009, 22:10
Dani -- I found the Marina Plaza to be acceptable;......nothing fancy for sure.....and you had yo hike up flights of steep stairs.....nice but basic appointments, and, as i recall, the bathroom was a little outdated. It's connected to a very modest apartment unit which is not well occupied but I never had a problem with that. The "pool" is not in use and a real eye sore. When I was there they took only cash - no credit card.

It's close to Sunee and not bad - reasonable value. Joiners are not a problem.

Shuee
January 7th, 2009, 23:26
i get confused as there 2 marina hotels i think, if you mean the one on the corner of sunee, i can confirm no joiners fees & yes GF

lo-so
January 8th, 2009, 02:02
I once, unfortunately, booked into the Marina Hotel (first floor). There was a ghastly smell that might perhaps be best described as the overuse of chemicals to disguise the odor of a rotting corpse - or at least as I fear such a smell might be like.
The security doors were a joke - and the bed certainly encouraged me to remain awake. However a few of the BIB are residents there so you may well be safe.
Ohh.. the toilet is on its own little stage for some reason.

There are better places to stay at a reasonable price - if you want to actually be on the soi there is Don Plaza (slightly dearer) or the Eldorado across from Sky Bar which is cheap and reasonably clean. Otherwise there are the oft mentioned, Two Guys and Howards.

joe552
January 8th, 2009, 03:04
Just to put in my 2 satang for the Welcome Plaza Hotel - 850 per night, close to Boystown, 10 mins walk to Sunee, nice pool area, no joiner fee.

ceejay
January 8th, 2009, 03:08
There was a ghastly smell that might perhaps be best described as the overuse of chemicals to disguise the odor of a rotting corpse - or at least as I fear such a smell might be like.
Ohh.. the toilet is on its own little stage for some reason.

Could the two be connected? If the pitch of the pipes were insufficient for proper flow, you could increase the head at the toilet by putting it on a platform, so that the waste would at least clear the room. Of course, that could well make things worse elsewhere.

January 8th, 2009, 06:24
Stay far away from Marina Inn! Cheap is cheap. Small rooms and no service
No extra charge for the boys in Ambiance and Cafe Royal. They even bring you more and extra towles if you askng for. Butthey ask also for the id card of the guys. Perfect rooms and best service and staff.
Stay away from Don Plaza because the Manager is running away when electric and water is off and blame you if you asking for anything extra at breakfast. A second cup of coffe they charge you 60 Baht extra. Rooms are not clean when coming back from the beach at 5pm and no Manager available. Also the bill of your minibar will be a surprise when checking out.
Two Guys Guesthouse is a very good alternative - good price, nice rooms and friendly staff.

3 Option:
Ambiance Hotel (Boyztown in the heart of the gay area)
Cafe Royal (Boyztown in the heart of the gay area)
or
Two Guys Guesthouse (next to Sunee Plaza)

Dont ask for more - thats the best options.
800 Baht to 2000 Baht (depend of your room type)

cottmann
January 8th, 2009, 06:42
.....Also any comments on Skandalic hotel as well please.

The Scandalic Hotel on Soi 9 is basically for straights Swedish golfers, though it does boast that it has a "Chicken House," and its bar is noted for attracting hookers.

luvthai-2
January 8th, 2009, 06:58
I have stayed at the Marina Inn in sunee and found it to be a basic room. Small not well ventilated. The location is excellant and the lobby usually busy with boys hanging around. Room rates all over the place tho and I quit staying there when I could not get rates or reservations quoted fairly.

Dani69
January 8th, 2009, 19:48
Thanks all but I have opted for Twoguys Guesthouse in the end , too many good recomendations to turn it down.
:cheers:

foodforthought
January 10th, 2009, 01:26
Thanks all but I have opted for Twoguys Guesthouse in the end , too many good recomendations to turn it down.
:cheers:

You have made a good choice. The Marina has totally lost it since the middle of last year and it still seem to be going from bad to worse. I have stayed there and many of my friends also but without being nasty not the place to stay anymore.