PDA

View Full Version : locked subject: "busted in a bar"

latintopxxx
January 7th, 2009, 13:52
Don't understand why this subject is locked, a worry (and at the same time an attraction) to many of us tourists is the fact that Asians in general look young compared to Europeans and it can be difficult to distinguish between an 16 year old and an 22 year old.
Personally speaking sex does play an important role in my holidays and a major attraction in Thailand is the availability of masculine rent boys with good athletic bodies; but as mentioned an issue is age, especially in sunnee plaza.
I find it hard to believe that if I'm sitting in a bar drinking beer (not fondling or sitting with an underage boy) and the bar is raided and underage boys are found that I would be in trouble.
If allowed input would be appreciated.

catawampuscat
January 7th, 2009, 15:04
I agree with the moderators on closing the thread. Posting guidelines
are clear and elephantspike must be tired of the same old same old
popping up on a regular basis..
I am also pleased to see action against offending threads, photos, accusations,
using posters legal names, attacks against gay businessmen and
any pandering to the underagists..
Kudos to the moderators for
a thankless job that even Smiles had enough of..

Somehow, this forum manages to stay the most interesting, most
vital and most fun of any of the other forums, which tend to be
more tightly moderated and blog-like.
We have to accept some limitations or posting
abuses could endanger the future of this forum, in my humble opinion. :cat:

January 7th, 2009, 15:14
Don't understand why this subject is locked, a worry (and at the same time an attraction) to many of us tourists is the fact that Asians in general look young compared to Europeans and it can be difficult to distinguish between an 16 year old and an 22 year old.
Personally speaking sex does play an important role in my holidays and a major attraction in Thailand is the availability of masculine rent boys with good athletic bodies; but as mentioned an issue is age, especially in sunnee plaza.
I find it hard to believe that if I'm sitting in a bar drinking beer (not fondling or sitting with an underage boy) and the bar is raided and underage boys are found that I would be in trouble.
If allowed input would be appreciated.

Underage is underage! Ask for the ID card when sitting with someone together and be on the save side. Now it is the year 2552 in Thailand - minus 18 years must be the year of born minimum 2534 but better would be 2533 and to offer him a beer or any other alcohol he must be 20 years old - so means in his ID Card must be minimum the year of 2532. But that will be the problem of the bar owner I guess.
If they have no ID card better not deal with them to avoid trouble for yourself.
In many hotels they can't go in without ID card.

latintopxxx
January 7th, 2009, 16:00
catawampuscat, I'm not tying to promote/condone underage, quite the contrary, simply trying to figure out how to enjoy my stay and still follow the law of the country. ID cards can be forged (or so I'm told) so a foreigner might have difficulty recognizing this. But I would hate to think that I could get into trouble for simply sitting in the same bar (alone) and get into major trouble because there are underage boys on the premises.

TrongpaiExpat
January 7th, 2009, 16:15
I guess rule number #2 is to be taken literally. If that includes links to the Pattaya rags about farang arrests and the inevitable debates, I am fine with that. I hate those "here we go again" and "when will they ever learn" posts with a link. If I want to read those trash Pattaya tabloids then I can access them myself.
"(2)

~NO DISCUSSIONS ABOUT UNDERAGE SEX................."

elephantspike
January 7th, 2009, 16:28
The board rules are not made to be interpreted according to your intentions. Your intentions are probably not the least bit nefarious, but just the presence of threads like this can make this board come up in Google searches for keywords that are used by people who are searching with nefarious intentions.

And guess whos name and address comes up in a domain whois lookup?

Yours?

I don't think so.

Mine!

I guess rule number #2 is to be taken literally. If that includes links to the Pattaya rags about farang arrests and the inevitable debates, I am fine with that.

It does. This subject has nothing to do with what this board is about!

Thread closed

Wesley
January 7th, 2009, 16:29
Usually I go to Thailand knowing the pitfalls, then talking openly with the hotel owner about the problem or the bar owner. If not satisfied I try to find someone I know or whom you know is part of the forum and asks away. In addition, the PM process on here is available quietly ask any Pattaya resident or Cat anything you wish. It does not have to be public to be truthful and honest. If you want to know, you will and can find out. I assure you they all will assist you in trying to stay out of any trouble. While at the same time, this particular subject is not talked about day and night as it was several years ago. Honestly, there has to be some point where there is a cut off and the rules clearly defined.

If I go and if I have questions I ask someone who knows, My first time there I hired a guy to go with me to make sure I was not hoodwinked into doing something by accident that I should not. The burden of the issue remains with you not the forum. At some point, the moderators have to say this is not my responsibility to instruct people around all the pitfalls of Thailand. Honestly, the likely hood of anything like that happening to a farang in a bar is highly unlikely and those who play in the wrong places know the chances they take ahead of time I assure you.

I am with Cat. How far does Spike have to go to protect you from something that is easily and openly talked about with any bar owner and hotel owner in a gay venue?

All the best.

Wes