PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cabaret Chiang Mai

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2006, 21:47
Tonight I went to Simon Cabaret in Chiang Mai.

The cost is 500 baht and there was no reserved seating. The place was about 50 % full and it seemed everyone was able to sit where they wanted to.
Ive been to the Alcazar in Pattaya a few times over the past decade, but this was my first visit to Simon.

The fabulous gay guide Sticky Rice does not have Simon Cabaret on the map just yet, but they do have Novohotel. Simon is about 100 meters down the same Soi at the end from Novohotel. Simon Cabaret features many transvestite and hadsome male dancers, witn elaborate sets and varied themes. The last time I was at the Alcazar, each set was based on a cultural showcase based on asian countries whose tourists visit Thailand. Simon included themes from around the globe, including Brazil (to the music of Pablo Cruise - if you remember the late 70's) and Ancient Egypt.

It would be hard for any show to out do the girls of Alcazar. Simon does do better though in their elaborate sets that are based on three stages, not just te centre stage. One the left there is a jungle setting that includes a volcano that spouts sparks and sets that include pyrotechnical work, both behind the scenes and with the dancers. They have dancers that fly abouve your head on cables, much like Fantasea in Phuket. On the right side is another elaborate Chinese throne set that is also used. When you are sitting away from either side you may not have the best vantage point to see one side or the other, but it should be good enough unless you are taking photos. Speaking of which, not using a flash will reduce the blur.

Many of the boys in the show are quite hot. I took several photos, many of which I'll post on the site once I make it back to Pattaya.
For anyone travelling to Chiang Mai, Simon Cabaret is well worth the 500 baht. Save a few baht if you would like your photo taken with any of the boys or girls waiting outside on the steps after the show. Unlike Alcazar, they don't demand a specific 100 baht / photo.

Surfcrest

atri1666
March 26th, 2006, 22:48
I can confirm it was amazing at Simon and only a few steps to Doi Boy Bar. From Novotel only little walk to Simon and the Gaybars Circle Pub and Free Guy.No problems with guests to my room.

wowpow
March 26th, 2006, 23:08
I agree entirely - a terrific show.

However, in my experience, Simon Cabaret Phuket has the exact same show and it's dreadful. Many of the dancers from there also appear at Tangmo later in the evening where they out on a superb show. I read that the choreographer attends every show in Chiang Mai.

I hope you will put Simon Cabaret on your list for Sticky Rice together with your suggestions for their new title.

For those who would likw photos now and full details http://www.simonchiangmaicabaret.com/