PDA

View Full Version : So, how do you guys like the new forum

Wesley
January 1st, 2009, 14:17
I love it, much easier to find what you are looking for, I have no idea what technical advantages it may have. The look is great! Good work Spike and Jinks. Since Jinks is on holiday, I suppose mostly Spike... thanks for all the hard work just so we may enjoy a place to bitch. Not to mention all the information exchanged here.

Wes

jinks
January 1st, 2009, 16:23
My friend it is always mostly spike :)

:salute:

MARK
January 1st, 2009, 17:01
ItтАЩs like a new telephone after you play with it for a bit you love it
Thanks guys.

January 1st, 2009, 22:26
As a non-technohead it seems very smilar to the old board, except it only covers half the width of my screen - a bit l like watching an old style TV picture on a wide-screen TV, with wide grey spaces either side of the board. Any reason why it cannot be widened, anyone, or is there something wrong with my set-up?

Bob
January 2nd, 2009, 06:47
Takes up all of my screen, GF, so I'm guessing it has something to do with your setup and/or computer.

Wesley
January 2nd, 2009, 06:52
Takes up all of my screen, GF, so I'm guessing it has something to do with your setup and/or computer.
Must be Vista, im in the middle of the page to, not that this is a problem the font is large enough to read so it doesn't seems to matter to me.

Bob
January 2nd, 2009, 07:00
For what it's worth, I'm using VISTA and everything is working fine although I have had a problem posting a couple of times (had to do preview first to get it to post - but it worked other times). I did no "tweaking" excepting for moving the avatars to the left.

ceejay
January 2nd, 2009, 07:26
As a non-technohead it seems very smilar to the old board, except it only covers half the width of my screen - a bit l like watching an old style TV picture on a wide-screen TV, with wide grey spaces either side of the board. Any reason why it cannot be widened, anyone, or is there something wrong with my set-up?
I had this too. I have switched the board view in the control panel from "prosilver special edition" (which seems to be the default) to "prosilver" and now I have no grey margins.

I am using Vista too.

January 2nd, 2009, 22:47
I usually use, and was using, Firefox. The only difference I got changing from the Prosilver Special Edition edition to Prosilver was that the Prosilver was far brighter (actually too bright!). I have solved the problem instead by just "zooming" in, enlarging to fill up the screen which also increases the font size making it easier to read. As the "zoom" size is retained for SGF even after I change to another site where the setting is normal, such as Yahoo, this is a definite improvement over the old board as it makes it far easier to read (larger font) without missing out anything down the sides, which would have been the case with the old board. The simplest solutions are sometimes the best and, in hindsight, it seems so obvious. Presumably this would work identically on Vista too, Wes?

Khor tose
January 2nd, 2009, 22:52
I had this too. I have switched the board view in the control panel from "prosilver special edition" (which seems to be the default) to "prosilver" and now I have no grey margins.

I am using Vista too.

Thanks ceejay---nice tip :salute: