PDA

View Full Version : Buying Sex in Norway

January 1st, 2009, 09:28
What has this to do with Thailand you may well ask, well as of today, a new law has come into force in Norway making the purchase of sex illegal. Norwegian citizens caught paying for prostitutes at home or abroad could face a hefty fine or a six-month prison sentence, authorities say.

There are also similar laws in other Scandinavian countries. The tough new measures go further than similar ones introduced by other Scandinavian countries such as Sweden and Finland.

Norwegian police have been authorised to use wire-tapping devices to gather evidence.

lonelywombat
January 1st, 2009, 10:05
Damn that is untimely. Last night on TV the 2008 Edinburgh Tattoo was shown and one of the highlights was the King of Norways personal guard, all 19, conscripts and delicious. I was just cruising the net to find air fares and travel details

OMG they were handsome

Wesley
January 1st, 2009, 14:25
Well so much for sexual... opps I mean, cival Liberties. Wire tapping ... sounds like the Good old USA.

All the best

Wes

January 1st, 2009, 19:27
That's just repression of people's basic freedoms. I'd expect this from Saudi Arabia, but not the
Scandinavian countries.

January 1st, 2009, 22:15
That's just repression of people's basic freedoms. I'd expect this from Saudi Arabia, but not the
Scandinavian countries.

really? I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.

A couple of years ago when we sailed through Kristiansand we were boarded by a very delectable assortment of East Asian gentlemen. My partner opined that they were "procurable".

January 1st, 2009, 23:35
Banning a business/recreation activity because some participants could benefit from protection is the wrong way to tackle it.
Also, the government should not believe it has the right to prohibit any form of private sexual activity between consenting adults.

You could equally argue for the prohibition of alcohol, tobacco or religion, on the grounds that some people would require protection from it.

It's much better to adopt the German model of completely legal prostitution & concentrate efforts on stopping enforced prostitution.

January 2nd, 2009, 00:19
I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.

If you really believe in protecting weaker members of society from exploitation then you should encourage every nation to pass strict laws regarding who could have offspring. If the State is so good at all these things, why not that too since that is a source of massive exploitation worldwide.

I wonder how many people who are citizens of Norway come to Thailand and pay for sex? This law applies to all citizens of Norway "at home or abroad". Are we supposed to notify Interpol when we see a Norwegian "offing" someone in a bar, male or female? Or should we just call the Norwegian Embassy and insist they be arrested and prosecuted?

Should I call the Norwegian authorities and ask them how to go about helping them arrest these dangerous criminals who are exploiting weaker members of society here in Thailand? Maybe they have a 24 hour "hotline" to report this. I am going to pursue this and when I get details I will post them here so we can turn in all the Norsk miscreants. I certainly don't want to see Norwegian criminals go unpunished and running around loose in the streets of Thailand! It contravenes my ethos!

Khor tose
January 2nd, 2009, 01:22
I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.

I wonder how many people who are citizens of Norway come to Thailand and pay for sex? This law applies to all citizens of Norway "at home or abroad". Are we supposed to notify Interpol when we see a Norwegian "offing" someone in a bar, male or female? Or should we just call the Norwegian Embassy and insist they be arrested and prosecuted?
Should I call the Norwegian authorities and ask them how to go about helping them arrest these dangerous criminals who are exploiting weaker members of society here in Thailand? Maybe they have a 24 hour "hotline" to report this. I am going to pursue this and when I get details I will post them here so we can turn in all the Norsk miscreants. I certainly don't want to see Norwegian criminals go unpunished and running around loose in the streets of Thailand! It contravenes my ethos!

White desire--Unlike Norway, Sweden and Finland have both made prostitution illigal, but only in their own countries, and not for their citizens abroad.

555--I would really like to believe that "protecting the weaker members of society" is what Norway is really after. However, the reality is that when Sweden passed their law, a lot of the Nigerian and other African prostitutes moved from Sweden to Norway. A big part of the reason for this law is that Norway just does not want them on the streets anymore. Sort of a not in my neighborhood thing. They do want to help the Norweigan prostitutes to a better life, but history will show (I believe), that this law will only drive prostitution underground and make life harder for the people engaged in it. In other words, the prostitutes will be worst off, not better. All in all, a very bad law

Annan--This is your GOVERNMENT worker. After calling all my spy agencies and police groups, I determined that Norway does not plan to enforce the overseas part of this law unless it concerns prostitutes who are children. (See Link.) In the case of children the law will be enforced and the time in jail will go from 6 months to three years for such offences. So if you see any Norweigens picking up children, please----do call. I'll even loan you the 5 Baht. HEHEHE

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 20411.html (http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/World/Story/STIStory_320411.html)

dab69
January 2nd, 2009, 05:56
"offing" doesn't automatically mean sex.
they would have to cam your hotel room
or find/interview them afterwards.

January 2nd, 2009, 14:41
However, the reality is that when Sweden passed their law, a lot of the Nigerian and other African prostitutes moved from Sweden to Norway. A big part of the reason for this law is that Norway just does not want them on the streets anymore. Sort of a not in my neighborhood thing.

Khor tose, only a self-confessed American government worker such as you would have a mentality sufficiently diabolical to interpret NorwayтАЩs new law against paying for sex as a xenophobic reaction at best, and a racist one at worst primarily aimed at Nigerians and Africans, and to be selectively enforced at that.
No doubt your insights into this are gleaned from your frequently touted expertise in psychology which, as more that one board member has speculated, you likely gained as a patient probably as an inmate of a psycho ward in a Seattle lunatic asylum.

Aunty
January 2nd, 2009, 16:51
Good for Norway! My word, this legislation strikes at the very heart of 90% of the men who visit this board and who visit Thailand. LMFAO! How long do you think it will be before the UK and the USA enacts similar legislation with the aim of protecting vulnerable third world young from your sexual exploitation? I know that rumblings of this sort have already been heard in the US Congress. Sounds good to me. You only have to see the essential character of some of the posters to this board, vile, disgusting, perverted sacks of shit, to see that legalisation of this sort is desperately needed to protect the young in the third world from the corruption of such wretched flotsam. And lawmakers, the police and NGO's they know about guys like you. But sadly as is always the case, its the few bad apples who ruin the fun for everybody else.

By the way, just because the authorities in Norway say they are only interested in using the law to protect children and will look the other way when it comes to paying adult prostitutes in foreign countries doesn't change the law. It is now illegal for Norwegians to pay for sex. Period.

January 2nd, 2009, 17:08
1 to 1 business transactions between consenting adults & which do not affect any third parties should be no business of any government anywhere.

If you tolerate infringements on civil liberties in this area, who knows what comes next -banning gay sex for example?

January 2nd, 2009, 18:13
We have this stupid law in Sweden also (but it's not extended outside the swedish borders, yet) and the only thing it seems to have been doing is to put everything out of control, now the prostitutes find their customers on internet instead. When the police is asked if the prostitution have decreased since the law was enforced they just say they dont know.

Just wonder what happens if a Norwigian find someone special and he wants to invite her/him to Norway. He will most probably be asked how they met when he applies for the visa for his friend. If they have met in a bar does that means he will have to pay the fine if they suspect that money have been involved? And then, can you invite one and support that person during the stay in Norway and also have sex together now and then?

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 2nd, 2009, 18:39
typical of that old cow Aunty to aplaude this !! but what can you expect from a frigging New Zelunder. :pukeleft:

The Norweigens have always had a fascist tendency within their souls so there's nothing new about this except it will actually make the hustler scene there much more exciting.

(I had a Finn once...boring)

Brad the Impala
January 2nd, 2009, 23:20
(I had a Finn once...boring)

Did it help you swim better?