PDA

View Full Version : Circle Pub Chiang Mai

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2006, 10:09
Last night in Chiang Mai I was able to visit a place called the Circle Pub.

It does not appear in the Sticky Rice Guide, but it should be south (towards the old city) from where you see Novotel. The club is just off Chang Phuak Road on the east side of the road and there is a sing indicating which sign to turn down.

The place doesnтАЩt have go-go boys, but the staff (wearing shirt and tie) is all available. There is a show at 10 and midnight (lasting about an hour) that includes a little of everything. There is dancing, transvestite, erotica as well the staff parade through so you can see what is available. The pub is tastefully decorated with comfortable seating for upwards to 40 people.

Last night Circle Pub was full for the first show and about a third full for the second show and evenly mixed with Thais and Farangs. I found it easy to walk to from the AdamтАЩs Apple / Lotus Hotel area.

Surfcrest

wowpow
March 26th, 2006, 11:30
I think that this is one of the top gay host bars in Chiang Mai and has been for a long time. It is in the same street as Fan Club and Doi Boy - neither of which I rate much as I like more mature chunky physiques.

There is a farang owner and his hunky,boyfriend who manages the place. They seem to consentrate on model types with nice faces and tall for Thais. The shows have varied over the years. They have always been a bit 'tasteful' but mildly amusing. Occasionally they have special events. Valentines Day 2005 was spectacular with the manager and waiters in slim shreddies and a more varied show.

I have always found it rather dark and difficult to catch a boys eye. Then I found that sitting at the bar is best as the boys hang around there. I once found a blond.blue straight Danish boy there. He had had an amazing life including being a gigolo in Japan. He liked Japanese women very much but would not say how he had finished up in a male prostitute bar in Chiang Mai - I assumed drugs and that he owed money to someone who could be very nasty.

Sticky Rice - you know for years the maps have been dreadful and only included advertisers. Now they have had new owners for some weeks and they have made a good stab at getting the maps right - it seems a tad unkind to criticise them in a public forum. I wonder if you will drop them a helpful note on any improvements that you see for their Chiang Mai map - I'm sure they would be grateful.

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2006, 11:35
It does not appear in the Sticky Rice Guide, but it should be south......

Yes, you are right as always Tee Pee...how very nasty sounding of me.
I feel sooooooo bad :(

Surfcrest

llz
March 26th, 2006, 13:04
. The club is just off Chang Phuak Road on the east side of the road and there is a sing indicating which sign to turn down.
Surfcrest
Not wanting to be nasty but ... I would bet 1/100 of the wealth of Toxin's gardener that Circle Pub is on the WEST side of Chang Phuak Road ...

. On the west side of the Soi running north from Suriwong;
Banana (Pub)
X Boys Thailand (Ground level)
X Man (Upstairs)
Fresh Beach Boys
Bunny Massage (Upstairs)
Dicks
Future Boys (Ground level)
Surfcrest

... and another 1 % that these places are on the EAST side of the soi ...

Although seeming to be a little direction-challenged, thank you for yout very informative posts and for your sens of humour (above post)

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2006, 21:26
You know llz, you are right on both counts...it is west.
Same side as The Lotus, Adam's Apple, Novohotel, Simon Chaing Mai.

I just walked by the Soi a few minutes ago.
There is a bright blue / faded purple sign just above a Coke sign.
Both signs are lit and the Soi is the next one from Novohotel / Simon Chiang Mai...just south.
Yes....south...I think.

Surfcrest