PDA

View Full Version : US Embassy Bangkok Warden Message for New Years Eve

travelerjim
December 30th, 2008, 17:47
Embassy Bangkok - Warden Message - 12/29/2008‏
From: US Department of State Warden Message (USDoSWardenMessage@state.gov)
Sent: Mon 12/29/08 4:48 PM

Warden Message: Holiday Celebrations

American citizens traveling to or residing in Thailand during this holiday season are reminded that bombings have occurred in the country, including Bangkok specifically, during the New YearтАЩs celebratory events in past years.

Given ThailandтАЩs experience with violence during this time of year and the currently dynamic political environment, American should remain vigilant of their surroundings at all times and exercise caution in areas of large public gatherings.

American citizens are encouraged to avoid large public crowds whenever possible.

For the latest security information, Americans living and traveling abroad should regularly monitor the DepartmentтАЩs Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet web site at http://travel.state.gov, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, Travel Warnings, and health-information resources can be found. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the U.S. and Canada or, for callers in other areas, by calling a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

American citizens traveling or residing in Thailand are encouraged to register with the Department of State or the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. The Embassy is located at 95 Wireless Road in Bangkok. The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy can be reached by calling 66-2-205-4049 and by e-mail at ACSBKK@State.gov. The after hours emergency telephone number is 66-2-205-4000.

December 30th, 2008, 17:51
American citizens are encouraged to avoid large public crowds whenever possible.Going to a go-go bar this year should be ok then.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 30th, 2008, 23:13
American citizens are encouraged to avoid large public crowds whenever possible.

thank God.

December 31st, 2008, 03:37
Going to a go-go bar this year should be ok then.

I know where I'd be in Bnagkok.

But I'm not there right now. I'm FREEZING!. :-)

I still I think I made the right move. We'll see! ':cherry:'

December 31st, 2008, 03:59
Going to a go-go bar this year should be ok then.

I know where I'd be in Bnagkok.

But I'm not there right now. I'm FREEZING!. :-)

I still I think I made the right move. We'll see! ':cherry:'

I'm underneath the Matterhorn on slopes with afternoon temperatures of -5 to =15c, but I'm not freezing 'cause I'm properly clothed and doing a bit of exercise.

x in pattaya
December 31st, 2008, 18:57
"the currently dynamic political environment, American [sic] should remain vigilant of their surroundings [sic] at all times..."

dynamic political environment??

American ... singular??

vigilant of their surroundings ???

Who writes this stuff, Bozo the consular officer??
I was at the Embassy a few days ago and everyone seemed capable of speaking in coherent, complete sentences. Are these messages composed after Happy Hour?

If you're an American you can/should get these useless messages by email, why do they need to be posted in a "Gay Thailand" forum?