PDA

View Full Version : Boys tips

December 30th, 2008, 11:54
How much is the usual tip for overnight/day around ? The tip is about the same at every bar or some boy in certain bar will commanding more tips ? Thanks

December 30th, 2008, 17:18
Tipping is up to you.. Tip as much as you feel the boy is worth. Best to discuss this ahead of time with the boy tho.

December 30th, 2008, 20:18
Well, 1000-1500 I think is ok for shorttime and up to spending the night with you.

If you want the boy to stay with you for more than one day, let's say a week or so, I think he is willing to do that for much less then this average per day. Remember, a "normal" salary for people having "normal" jobs in Thailand is around 5000-10000 a month. If he knows you will take care of him a couple of days and he will not have to worry about getting new customers every day I would say that he will be more than happy with 5000 for a week. Remember, most of the boys do not get a customer everyday (if they not look very good). Some only have a few every month.

If he is not a freelancer you also have to pay the off-fee to the bar for the days you spend with him.

Talk with the boy before. It's really up to him to decide.

Shuee
December 30th, 2008, 23:44
it really is negotiable, if its low season & you dont have much spare cash or are on a budget, you may be surprised what the guy will agree on, its therefore a win win situation for both people

dont over commit initially on the duration as you may not be so compatable for more than a few days together

searcher
December 30th, 2008, 23:51
As far as I know 1500 (short time) and 2000 overnight are the usual rates in Soi Twilight . The boys of Solid take 1000 -1500. I think it s a matter of "negotiations " if y take a boy for a week or so . IMO 1500 - 2000 would be ok, depends upon the "extras" y r willing to pay.

Dani69
December 31st, 2008, 00:59
Had a nice boy for 10 days last month (from SP in Pattaya) only paid 7 days off money (2100) because he was only officially working 7 days and fed him ,bought him some clothes, and gave him 5000 baht at the end and he was over the moon.
Now he awaits my return in April. Emails me every other day, so I reackon you can bargain with them.
Hope this was of some help.

December 31st, 2008, 05:39
Tipping is very much up to you. No one dictates the tipping scale. Some boys are worth more than others as they do as they say.

December 31st, 2008, 06:40
I run 3 polls back in October, the search facility should find these.

December 31st, 2008, 06:40
I agree that it really depends on you and what you work out with the young man. I didn't take anyone off on my last trip, but on the trip prior I was able to off guys without a bar fee and had a great evening and day with the guy that I took off. We had agreed to 1k bht for the night but I gave him more.

December 31st, 2008, 07:04
We all know it about monetI suspect a large number of our posters including you don't know much about Monet and why you are introducing the topic of a French Impressionist painter into this thread is somewhat obscure.

December 31st, 2008, 07:48
We all know it about monetI suspect a large number of our posters including you don't know much about Monet and why you are introducing the topic of a French Impressionist painter into this thread is somewhat obscure.

I'm certain he wasn't attempting to introduce anyone, he just can't spell.

December 31st, 2008, 08:19
We all know it about monetI suspect a large number of our posters including you don't know much about Monet and why you are introducing the topic of a French Impressionist painter into this thread is somewhat obscure.I'm certain he wasn't attempting to introduce anyone, he just can't spell.I find it hard to believe that I misunderstood him. After all, whenever I suggest that spelling and grammar are an important part of communicating on a Board such as this, posters like fattman and Wesley start making excuses and saying how unimportant all that sort of thing is. :colors:

andrewcraig
December 31st, 2008, 09:45
sorry to dissappoint you i missed typed, im not as perfect as you curious ...go to the top of the class at once but dont take your books with you as you wont be there long....

You are starting to sound like fat boy billy again Why dont you use PM for your shit Give us back our board

Smiles
December 31st, 2008, 11:18
Gra45 switched costumes ... now morphed into the official Sawatdee Board Fool, accompanied by desperate (and hugely laughable) PM's to myself and I'm sure many others. Perhaps a poll on who's received PM's from Gra45 lately?

Actually, maybe a special thread (in another Forum) copying his PM's straight into a general board message? Might be interesting reading for hang over morning.

Cheers ...

x in pattaya
December 31st, 2008, 16:11
Remember, a "normal" salary for people having "normal" jobs in Thailand is around 5000-10000 a month.

What they are doing for you is hardly normal.

People who want to tip a small amount tend to justify it because this is a third world country and the average wage is pretty low. It's probably more a function of their own pettiness.

Sometime you should stand stark naked in front of a mirror and ask yourself how much you'd want to have sex with that person. Visions of the Obama infrastructure-economic stimulus package probably come to mind.

Of course, if the guy starts retching as you become intimate or falls on the floor in a convulsion of giggles as you reveal your voluptuous self or sprints from the room as though the hounds of hell were in pursuit, he probably doesn't deserve a full tip. Otherwise you may want to base your tip on the wages earned by film actors, psychoanalysts and performing magicians because these guys are Academy Award winning actors, produce better results than the most effective analysts and leave you stunned by their legerdemain & prestidigitation. Think of them as Brad Pitt, Carl Jung and Houdini rolled into one.

it really is negotiable

The term negotiate implies that both sides have input. Based on the nature of the majority of comments made on this and other boards it's less a matter of negotiation and more a matter of the mood of the moment of the falang the morning after. Consider how much most of you spend on airfare, hotels, ground transport, booze, etc. For many/most of you, the whole object of your visit is the guys. Now compare how much you give them in terms of the overall budget.

Some of you gush about how much you love the boys and how they were "over the moon" when you gave them some of the crumbs from your table. Unfortunately too many of you are exploiting them and exploiting their circumstances.

joe552
January 1st, 2009, 03:31
I'm sure that gra45 meant that the boys he offs are well informed about French impressionism, and that is why he tips them so well. If, like me, you off a boy who knows little of Western art, you're allowed (by gra45's scale) to tip less.

That's how I read it anyway. :sunny:

Dani69
January 1st, 2009, 06:17
I give up you try and post your view with the aim of informing others and hopefully helping them only to be put down by others .......... oh well best to say nothing in future. :argue:

Dani69
January 1st, 2009, 07:03
Yeah you got it spot on M8.
I┬┤ll be in Pattaya from April 23 through to May 19th and Id have a beer with you.
But looks like you are in BKok.
Anyways happy new yr. :cheers:

x in pattaya
January 1st, 2009, 17:15
But who thinks that only guys who couldn't get sex otherwise pay for it?

If someone is truly good looking (and I don't mean "he's good looking for someone his age," as the saying goes) and if the boy he is offing is gay, then the experience may be less odious for him. But he's still going to end up performing the most intimate of acts with someone that he didn't choose... and it still is his source of income.

I think when someone brings up the issue of tipping, some of the responders take that as an opportunity to talk down what the average is or what's acceptable in the hopes of making themselves feel less cheap. The amount you pay shouldn't have anything to do with the typical wage for a convenience store clerk or waiter in a sleazy restaurant.

And I could never understand why some people feel they can plead that they don't have much money to spend on guys.
Stay in a cheaper hotel or put off your visit for a couple of months so you can save a bit more for the trip or take off guys on fewer days. If you book a flight on Thai Airways you don't expect to pay an amount based on what the average Thai worker earns. When you book a room in a hotel you don't whine that you're on a budget and want the room for half-price. When the bar tab comes you don't tell the bartender that you were disappointed that they didn't have little mugs with handles that you love so much so you've decided to pay less than he might have been hoping for.

And when someone says the tip is negotiable it makes you wonder how they define "negotiate."

Rather than planning a trip by calculating the airfare, the hotels, incidental expenses & food, and then seeing what's left for the boys, figure B2000 to B3000 per night for the boys and see what's left for the hotel, etc. You may think they'll be impressed and pleased by a fancy hotel room and a restaurant with linen tablecloths, but they'd prefer 4-walls & a ceiling fan and some noodles with a sidewalk hawker plus a bigger tip. When you look back on your holiday in Thailand, it won't be the hotel room or number of forks in your place setting that you remember, and when he thinks of you, those things will be less than meaningful.

Nothing I've seen is more painful than watching some old dear with a knock-em-dead Thai boy sitting in some nice restaurant that serves only European food that must be eaten with forks & knives. The farang just knows this must be a special moment for the boy and judging by the look on the boy's face he's wondering what horrible thing he did to merit this hell on earth. And I bet when it comes time for the tip, it'll be a fraction of what the restaurant check amounted to.

Khor tose
January 2nd, 2009, 03:06
If someone is truly good looking (and I don't mean "he's good looking for someone his age," as the saying goes) and if the boy he is offing is gay, then the experience may be less odious for him. But he's still going to end up performing the most intimate of acts with someone that he didn't choose... and it still is his source of income.
I think when someone brings up the issue of tipping, some of the responders take that as an opportunity to talk down what the average is or what's acceptable in the hopes of making themselves feel less cheap. The amount you pay shouldn't have anything to do with the typical wage for a convenience store clerk or waiter in a sleazy restaurant.

X, how dare you. Your last two messages on this thread have injected reason, reality and compassion into this msg board. Next you will be telling us that the Thai boys deserve to be treated like human beings, instead of a commodity. All kidding aside, I wish I had done both posts. Thank You.

January 3rd, 2009, 06:55
Honies, I pay as follows:

Street trade in pattaya and phuket 500b

Street trade hanging around paradise centre after 3 am 200 - 300b

beach rd pattaya street trade after 3AM - 300b (I am NOT talking ladyboys)

street trade outside mike department sore after 4am - 300b

Street trade in BKK 500-600b

Street trade in BKK after 3am - 300-500b. Depends on location. For rough or military street trade I WILL pay more!

Go go/ bar boys in Sunee 800 - 1000b DEPENDING on performance. Less in low season.

Go go/ bar boys anywhere else in pattaya same same as above

I very rarely off in BKK go gos - but do have my favourites there, and they are NOT in Soi Twilight. Usually pay 1000b.

Go go/ bar boys in Phuket 1000-1200b - it is more expensive in go gos in phuket for some strange reason

I never do an overnighter

Depending on my location, I NEVER take back to my condo or hotel.

I NEVER turn on TV when in any room. I shower and get straight into it. i also dont make inane small talk

off em, or pick em up, fuck em and forget em!

taxi fares, noodles, drinks, karaoke, yaa ba, dead water buffaloes, hospital bills they can pay themselves, Honies.

Diec
January 3rd, 2009, 07:52

Nothing I've seen is more painful than watching some old dear with a knock-em-dead Thai boy sitting in some nice restaurant that serves only European food that must be eaten with forks & knives. The farang just knows this must be a special moment for the boy and judging by the look on the boy's face he's wondering what horrible thing he did to merit this hell on earth. And I bet when it comes time for the tip, it'll be a fraction of what the restaurant check amounted to.

Yes...I too feel sorry for that poor little Thai boy who is eating food in a fancy upscale restaurant and needs to use a knife and fork. He has never experienced European food and should never have to. He should be only subjected to noodle soup and street fare. Heaven forbid should his delicate pallet be introduced to anything other than the food he is accustemd to. I don't know how McDonald's, KFC, Burger King even make a profit in the Land of Smiles. Surely these people are not eating this type of food. European and Western food should all be banned in Thailand as far as I'm concerned.

x in pattaya
January 3rd, 2009, 10:03
... the experience may be less odious for him.This sure tells us a lot about your own psychology and how you think of yourself. Why you should try to project your own self-loathing on other Forum members is a bit of a stretch.

Having realized that Thonglor55 is Homitern or the colonel and maybe curious, I removed my response.

It's not worth the time or effort trying to answer the bitter old sociopath.

PS : To save you the trouble of responding, I've put you and all your manifestations on Ignore. It's just not worth it being pestered by such a waste of space.

x in pattaya
January 3rd, 2009, 10:31
Heaven forbid should his delicate pallet [sic] be introduced to anything other than the food he is accustemd [sic] to. I don't know how McDonald's, KFC, Burger King even make a profit in the Land of Smiles.

I've known a few Thai guys who liked some western food and who could handle a fork & knife quite handily. Given a choice of where they want to eat, my experience is that they will rarely choose western food and I've known no Thai who wanted anything to do with McDonald's or pizza.

Exposing them to trans fat and arterial occlusion seems at odd objective, but my point is that the referenced "old dears" apparently believed the experience would be a treat for the boy in lieu of a larger tip.

Given the choice of taking a culinary wonder tour featuring tasteless farang fare or getting a larger tip, I'm making a wild guess that most boys would lean toward the bigger tip and would probably enjoy watching a farang make a fool of himself manning the chop sticks while turning puce from the chilli in a bowl of kuey tiao.

x in pattaya
January 3rd, 2009, 11:19
Ah yes,now it's clear. The colonel aka homo-intern now appears in yet another guise. I see the sad vindictive cretin keeps assuming new IDs to peddle her venom. The last time you tried this:

Author: homintern ┬╗ Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:52 pm
Indeed - is this our old chum who was fired for singing Judy Garland songs in the company showers and whose most famous posting of all time (on ThaiGuys Forum) was entitled "Am I a homophobe?" (Majority answer: Yes)? The know-it-all tone plus constant "Aren't I fluent in Thai" references suggest that indeed it is. Teaching plumbing to the terrorists in the Middle East seems to be over for now

to which I responded:

I don't think I ever posted on ThaiGuys. Not even sure what that is. PattayaGay, Dreaded Ned, even Dreaded Gaybutton, but I don't recall ThaiGuys. Obviously your "life" has a more narrow focus than mine and your memory is less burdened by social contact with real humans, thus allowing you to catalogue the really important things like message board drivel, so I won't challenge your FBI-like record keeping, however.

Accusing me of a "know-it-all tone" as you whack your leather boots with your least pliant whip seems suitably ridiculous. I can't imagine who you were in any of your previous message board incarnations. Apparently you feel the need to reappear in different guises, dragging your hate filled baggage along with you. "terrorists in the Middle East..." again the narrow focus which appears to be informed by Hollywood generated thrillers. Plumbing??

Never have claimed fluency in Thai. Something that I am still struggling with. I did once refer to Bangkok as Krung Thep which set off someone called the Colonel, I believe. I suppose you could be him, but it's hard to imagine the Colonel's liver could have remained viable for that many years given his penchant for daily lubrication.

I am sort of amazed that I would warrant such a well-preserved and nurtured resentment for such a long time. I wouldn't have thought anything that I said or anyone else said for that matter, on these message boards would have been that worth remembering, much less inspiring such an emotional fit after all these years. You give me more credit that I would give myself.

Suggesting you "get a life," would be sadly trite, but in all seriousness you might consider getting a little exercise, getting out from behind the Commodore keyboard for a few hours a day and getting a colonic irrigation to flush out some of the toxins that you've been retaining way too long.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and my thanks for keeping me in your thoughts for all these years.

Brad the Impala
January 3rd, 2009, 21:02
Oh dear, one of our more interesting posters being harassed by one of our less interesting "newbies", with an antique agenda.

Nathan B
January 3rd, 2009, 21:25
.. then the experience may be less odious for him. But he's still going to end up performing the most intimate of acts with someone that he didn't choose... and it still is his source of income.

..If you book a flight on Thai Airways you don't expect to pay an amount based on what the average Thai worker earns. When you book a room in a hotel you don't whine that you're on a budget and want the room for half-price.

.. figure B2000 to B3000 per night for the boys and see what's left for the hotel, etc.

The logic here is rather muddled.

What makes you think the experience is odious for the boy? They choose to do this after all, and they do it because it pays very well for the amount of effort involved. No-one forces the boys to work in bars. Most boys enjoy the work sufficiently to at least get sexually aroused.

The flight and hotel room analogies are odd. There are many options available for each, catering for a wide range of budgets. No, you don't expect to negotiate the price, but you do choose an option you can afford in the first place.

I too dislike the cheap Charlies trying to pay as little as they can get away with. But to suggest B3000 per night is anywhere near the norm is ridiculous. Ask the boys themselves - they expect B1000-1500. Paying more for good service is admirable, but you are way off the high end of the scale.

x in pattaya
January 3rd, 2009, 23:48
What makes you think the experience is odious for the boy? They choose to do this after all, and they do it because it pays very well for the amount of effort involved. No-one forces the boys to work in bars. Most boys enjoy the work sufficiently to at least get sexually aroused.

Possibly "odious" seems a strong term. Undoubtedly many choose the work because they think they'll make good money without hard work. Probably most make less than they may have hoped for. Some are looking for a connection to a farang (or more than one) on a long term basis, which they would probably view as hitting the jackpot(s) since it would probably involve even less work and potentially more money. It's true that they are not forced to work in the sex biz, but they certainly don't have many career choices. You may have noticed that the ones working in the bars don't span the socio-economic range. They come from the bottom of the economic ladder. Obviously if the work only attracts the dirt poor, there must be some reason why the middle & upper classes fail to see the potential good times to be had in this line of work.

Some may even get a kick out of the work, at least for a little while. But of the small number of guys I know who worked in the bars before, including one ex-mamasan who I know quite well, none liked it. I realize my assumption is based on a very small sampling, but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to find someone who likes being taken off by strangers to provide sexual services on demand. When I was that age it didn't take a whole lot to get me sexually aroused even at times when I dearly wished I could have hidden it, so that may not be a sure indicator that the boy is having a good time.

My references to hotel & flight bookings were facetious. This is a gay Thailand forum, not an academic journal. My point was simply that most expenses involved in a holiday in Thailand are set by the service provider. You may be able to look around for a bargain, but eventually you are obliged to pay a price set by the provider despite your circumstances or mood of the moment. When planning your holiday one of the few expenses that you have a lot of control over is the tip you pay these guys. I'm sure many, possibly most of the people who post on Sawatdee are the living embodiments of Generosity in human form. BUT I was simply suggesting to the one or two who might take advantage of the situation and cut budgetary corners when tipping that they please not do that.

Again, based on a very small sampling of ex-gogo persons with whom I have spent some time sitting under an umbrella at Jomtien or otherwise spending some free time, they have pointed out more than a few farang who were regular certified "sticky shits," when it came to spending money on boys & their tips, so the cheap charlies do exist in no small number.

Back in the days when this was the PattayaGay board and when GayButton and Dreaded Ned had active message boards, there were a surprising number of posters who took great delight in describing how little they would tip and how much they expected for the meagre amount they did tip. I guess that memory lingers in my mind when I see the subject raised now. Maybe it's a thing of the past and everyone treats these guys with reasonable respect and properly compensates them for the wonderful performance most of them mount under difficult circumstances.

During a lot of my working life I found myself put in a position of defending people who were often taken advantage of, so I probably get defensive whenever I think someone is being exploited. I don't mean to imply that I alone have seen the light, and I am sure that there are those who are even more generous than I when dealing with these guys.

jolyjacktar
January 4th, 2009, 00:39
ok at the end of the day simple economics kick in. Im getting less bht for my pound so the guy gets less bht from me.
Nothing cheap charlie to do with it. Just plain common sense on how to spend money on sex.

lo-so
January 4th, 2009, 00:45
For those who tip generously I am sure that the boys are appreciative. For those who under tip I think the boys will let that be known.

Establishing what is a good enough tip is ultimately determined by who, where and when.
I continue to enjoy the company of a number of guys who beat a path to my door for a consideration that is clearly acceptable to them for the effort expended. Quite often it is a lot less than the sums mentioned by some on this board. So long as both sides feel okay with the deal then that is all that matters irrespective of national or international wage comparisons.

Dani69
January 4th, 2009, 00:51
These boys provide a service and I for one think they deserve fair return for same. Some obviously are more skilled then others so I suggest they maybe should get a little bit more but overall a fair days pay for a fair days work should apply.
Word gets around pretty quickly who they big tippers are and who the small tippers are . I like to go back to the same place more then once so I try and think from what I am told by the boys that I pay my way fairly. :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

January 4th, 2009, 07:28
wonderful performance most of them mount under difficult circumstances.

X, Darling - most of the performances put on by many offs have been less than satisfactory - hardly wonderful. You sound like you are living in a wet dream sweetie.

Yes, the issue of TIPS has been around since the stone age boards of PattayaGay and Dreaded Ned, who, incidentially, a previous poster in another thread referred to as an icon of free speech. Anything but Dear - seeing he closed the board down in a huff over the vicious rantings of certain posters, namely Rick, and others who posted there and, like me, are still around. God knows why...............

Needless to say the reincarnations of previous posters who leave this board in a huff always return, under a new username of course, and still carry on the bitter vendettas. Love it or hate it, we all come back for more, Dears.

Gaybuttons board evaporated into thin air, with the only poster being himself, and oddly, also the replier, Darl.

The issue of tips will never go away. Nothings ruffles the feather boas of certain stupid queens more than this issue, Darlings.

Dick
January 4th, 2009, 09:04
Yes, the issue of TIPS has been around since the stone age boards of PattayaGay and Dreaded Ned, who, incidentially, a previous poster in another thread referred to as an icon of free speech. Anything but Dear - seeing he closed the board down in a huff over the vicious rantings of certain posters, namely Rick, and others who posted there and, like me, are still around. God knows why...............

Isn't it strange how our recollections differ, yet we all read the same boards and listen to much the same gossip!
I always understood the demise of DN's Board was the direct result of a post that was regarded by the plaintiff as libellous, and the Board was closed not as a result of a huff, but (a) due to the very real threat of litigation, and (b) to obviate any possibility of Ned being put into such a position of liability again as the owner of a Board in which perceived libel was communicated. If memory serves me right Ned even posted a statement explaining to members why the Board had to close, and outlining the legal issues in Thai law, as he and the Board were Thai based. Nothing to do with Flashlight Rick... as I recall.
I wonder what happened to Rick... ~ he always was a good read even if at times provocative!

x in pattaya
January 4th, 2009, 10:13
Isn't it strange how our recollections differ, yet we all read the same boards and listen to much the same gossip!
I always understood the demise of DN's Board was the direct result of a post that was regarded by the plaintiff as libellous

Too right. Something to do with the wonderful world of real estate, but probably best for all concerned not to get too specific.

Nothing to do with Flashlight Rick... as I recall.
... ~ he always was a good read even if at times provocative!

Thanks for the memory jog. I was thinking of him, but couldn't remember the name and had forgotten about his probing light source.
Upon reflection he was probably more intent upon being provocative on the message boards than anything else. Some of the things he claimed he was doing would probably have made him a marked man.

I wonder what happened to Rick...

Well it's always possible he really did some of the things he claimed and eventually, accidentally, fell from some balcony. A great source of behaviour modification is a handy balcony.

X, Darling - most of the performances put on by many offs have been less than satisfactory - hardly wonderful. You sound like you are living in a wet dream sweetie.

Well I have to bow to your apparent extensive experience in the pay-for-sex arena. Most of my rather limited offing experiences have been good, a few great and one or two are under option to the DreamWorks Factory for possible animated inspirational epics. Of course a few fit in the forgive-and-forget category, including one who had been an enthusiastic penis pump proponent. He seemed quite pleased with the result, but my first reaction was to suggest cold compresses and a course of antibiotics.

Although I haven't whole heartedly gone the mate-for-life route endorsed by ospreys, prairie voles and certain Hua Hin residents, I tend to stick to one or two very long term sources of pleasure rather than perpetually sampling the latest models to hit the market. Seldom resort to either wet dreams or inflatable companions since my never-fail therapists are always available, no appointment necessary.

January 4th, 2009, 15:03
Pre 1997; the "rule"--Which according to (At least) some has never changed--was 500 baht short-time \ 1,000 all night.
If you believe it's fair to do so, adjust these amounts for current exchange rates (Approx. 700 short-time\1,400 all night.) or 500-700* \ 1,000-1,400* (* And up: depending on how pleased you were with him.
Some farang throw in enough small change for a motorcycle taxi: so as not to send him home at 4:00 AM with nothing smaller than a 500 baht note. (So far as they know.)

I follow the "rule" on a first date. Maybe I'm easy to please, maybe I just know how to pick `em, maybe I'm lucky...whatever... but most Num I go with merit the higher numbers, leave smiling--And ask to come back.

I think it prudent to short-time on a first date, at least; don't mention, 'All night,' until you're positive that's what you want (Taste the milk before you buy the cow.). In any case, do not ask to see him again. If he so desires; Num will ask to see you. If he doesn't ask, bite your knuckle, say, "Bye-bye, Num." and let him go. He, for several possible reasons (He really doesn't like you, was only suplementing his income, has a day job-wife-tee lak-other falang-is taking the money & running home to mama, when your tip is added to what he's saved that month he has enough to buy a Family Mart, you turned hin 100% straight, etc.) is simply not interested.

If he asks to see you again--And you are interested--make the date--But do not stand him up.
(And I prefer he come to my room; not meet at "his" bar or elsewhere because, if he stands me up, it's not a big deal: I watched an extra half-hour of t.v. in my room--But I won't go back to "his" bar that night: 'Let him wonder if I stood him up," I tell myself--Not that I think they ever do....wonder, that is. If the next time you see him runs over & says, "Sorry, Mama was sick. You only man for me!" watch out!)

if you really hit it off--And I hope you do--The amount of the gratuity for longer periods: all day\whole-day (One-day-at-a-time), a week, a month... are by mutual agreement: Up to you AND him.
In addition to the tip; you cover ALL expenses. For example; if you want him go to the beach, have dinner, go drinking with you, you pay the check-bin, taxi, pee-pee, horng nam attendant, etc. And he may ask if his friend may sit with you (make that, "Friends," if you are dumb enough to go drinking in "his" bar; especially if the mamasan is a mercenary bitch--But that seldom happens, does it.) and expect you to stand the round(s) And tip his friend. After all; the time his friend spent with you could have been with a rich falang who would cover him with 24k gold, buy him `motorbike, `three-bedroom-condo, `dress shop...etc...etc...etc. But he will look out for you: Not let you wear something ugly or do something mai dee, help you order Thai food, not let you tip too much (Except him or in 'his' bar.), not let you pay too much for a taxi or baht bus, tell you which are bad boys (Any you seem interested in...except him.), step in kee, give money to a fake begger, get hit by a tour bus...etc.

He will also be happy (Happy, hell!...Overjoyed!) to help you go shopping...And will actually save you money: Aa got a jewelry saleswoman to come down an additional 100,000 baht after she had already quoted me the lowest price her boss would allow (So she said.). In this case it cost me nothing: Aa was my friend's boy--And my friend would have been furious if I'd bought Aa something, which Aa knew as well as he knows which side of the bed his brother's on. Kow jai? Otherwise, Num will expect a kindness in return. The help I have received has always been worth a nice token of appreciation.

Is there such a thing as Overtipping?
Of course not!
So long as you don't mind he thinks you are stupid--
And don't mind when he turns into a H.M.Q. \ baht-vampire.

In closing; is there anyone here who doesn't believe those who consistantly proclaim they tip twice-or-more the average are charter members of the Liars Club?... The cheapest of Cheap Charlies one might find cruising Beach Road at 3:00 AM. :tongue: