PDA

View Full Version : Bar closings?

December 29th, 2008, 09:28
Has anyone seen this item in Stickman's latest column?:

"It looks like there will be more bar closures this coming week in Bangkok and if the letter of the law is followed, you can expect the bars to be closed from 2 January (this coming Friday) 6 PM until midnight on January 4. There will be bar closures for sure the following week too, again, Bangkok only."

What exactly is the "letter of the law" here? That bars must close down as soon as all the tourists return?

Is there a Buddhist holiday or something?

I'm planning on arriving in Bangkok Tuesday night for a two-week stay. But if Bangkok bars are gonna be closed both weekends of my trip, I'm gonna have to make alternate plans.

December 29th, 2008, 10:29
isnt the BKK governor election the following weekend? the 11th?

December 29th, 2008, 11:57
I think all the by-elections for vacant MP seats are being held those two weekends as well. The first weekend will be country wide advanced voting, the second the actual voting.

December 29th, 2008, 17:26
Closing bars that have mainly farang customers who cannot vote, but do in some cases have a choice of holiday destinations for next year seems rather dumb. Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.

December 29th, 2008, 17:43
Closing bars that have mainly farang customers who cannot vote, but do in some cases have a choice of holiday destinations for next year seems rather dumb.As I recall it has happened every year at this time for the past few years. Doesn't seem to have had an impact yet.

December 29th, 2008, 17:57
Closing bars that have mainly farang customers who cannot vote, but do in some cases have a choice of holiday destinations for next year seems rather dumb.As I recall it has happened every year at this time for the past few years. Doesn't seem to have had an impact yet.

Indeed. The same people moaning about it this year were the same people moaning about it last year, and the year before. Yet they're still coming to Thailand. I, for one, wish they would go to one of those legendary "alternative destinations" instead. If you're not prepared to accept the local customs, laws, and traditions for what they are, get lost.

December 29th, 2008, 18:11
Chao Na-

C'mon, dude. No need to tell people to get lost over this topic. I started the thread and did so to get some information in case I have to make some alternative plans.

And who cares if some people are moaning about a potential shut down? Fact is, the Thai government treats Thais as though they were all children. This law is one example. So too is all the Internet filtering.

By the way, do you respect Thai law, like the one that forbids hiring a prostitute?

December 29th, 2008, 18:13
By the way, do you respect Thai law, like the one that forbids hiring a prostitute?

As a matter of fact, I do. I'm sure someone like you will find that hard to believe.

December 29th, 2008, 18:17
No, I don't find that hard to believe at all. I'm sure you're in Thailand because you love the filth and poverty so much. And I'm sure you hang out on this board and post your little nastygrams because you're so damn high on life.

My mistake. Please accept my apologies.

December 29th, 2008, 18:19
You think Thailand is filthy and poor? Yet you come here for cheap sex? Have I got that right? You are one disgusting piece of work, you know that?

December 29th, 2008, 18:40
Wow, dude, you are one angry man!

Did you not get anything for Christmas? You seem to be in a sour mood.

Since you seem to be interested, I'll tell you that I come to Thailand mostly for DJ Station. To me, that place is the world's top gay night club. I've never had a bad time there. Oftentimes I meet another gay man in DJ and we will have a fling. An awesome, athletic, incredible romp in bed, in the shower, against a wall ... You get the idea. But since money isn't involved, I can't really call it cheap or expensive. I just like to think of as fun. My Thai partners say it's awesome. Really.

Oh, and I also like to go SCUBA diving off Koh Phi Phi, go to full-moon parties on Koh Phangan and sometimes find an isolated beach on Koh Tao.

But after a couple weeks, I've had enough. That's when all the filth and poverty start to get to me.

I love visiting Thailand, but I'd never want to live there.

December 29th, 2008, 18:42
Hahaha...haven't been many places in the world if you think Thailand is filthy and poor. Have you? Anyway, can't be that filthy and poor if you're willing to overlook it all to go to a nightclub.

December 29th, 2008, 18:49
I know there are places worse than Thailand. I just don't want to go to them. Besides being dirtier and poorer, their night clubs probably suck.

Well, I would like to keep this up, but I gotta start packing. I leave for Bangkok tomorrow morning. I'll be in DJ Station tomorrow night. Please come by! I'll look for you. If I see a grumpy old man with an angry scowl on his face, I'll say hi.

Cheers.

December 29th, 2008, 18:50
Sure. Please say hi to the Colonel for me, too.

December 29th, 2008, 22:32
Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.

Obviously - they never have before, so why should they now?

December 30th, 2008, 07:42
Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.Obviously - they never have before, so why should they now?Chao Na believes we should all go home and let the lads and lasses live in simple poverty.

December 30th, 2008, 11:27
Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.Obviously - they never have before, so why should they now?Chao Na believes we should all go home and let the lads and lasses live in simple poverty.

I'd like to know what your suggestion is. Carding people at the door and letting only non-Thai nationals drink? Yes, that would go over real well.

December 30th, 2008, 11:38
[quote=z909] Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.Obviously - they never have before, so why should they now?Chao Na believes we should all go home and let the lads and lasses live in simple poverty.I'd like to know what your suggestion is. Carding people at the door and letting only non-Thai nationals drink? Yes, that would go over real well.[/quote:9118g8kf]You have missed my point (and for a hero of mine that hurts me real bad). I was stating that you don't believe Thailand should have a sex industry at all which given the discouragement of education for the rural masses that is Thai practice would result in many Thais simply curling up with the buffalo (if they could afford one). I believe you would be happy with that. I don't recall reading any post of yours as Chao Na or Singapore Sexpat or any of the others where you made a single criticism of Thailand's education system which is one of the main drivers that will help modernise Thailand and reduce the huge reliance on the sex industry. And I respect you for that. As Marie Antoinette might have said "Let them eat sticky rice".

December 30th, 2008, 12:41
Fuck me standing ...OK. Name the time and place.

Brad the Impala
December 30th, 2008, 14:41
Sure. Please say hi to the Colonel for me, too.

Who is the Colonel? No one that you would know about surely, as he had long departed these shores before you started posting under your one and only identity of Chao Na!

December 30th, 2008, 16:57
[quote=z909] Obviously the legislators just don't care about the people who earn a living in the Thai tourism industry, many of whom appear to be suffering at the moment.Obviously - they never have before, so why should they now?Chao Na believes we should all go home and let the lads and lasses live in simple poverty.I'd like to know what your suggestion is. Carding people at the door and letting only non-Thai nationals drink? Yes, that would go over real well.You have missed my point (and for a hero of mine that hurts me real bad). I was stating that you don't believe Thailand should have a sex industry at all which given the discouragement of education for the rural masses that is Thai practice would result in many Thais simply curling up with the buffalo (if they could afford one). I believe you would be happy with that. I don't recall reading any post of yours as Chao Na or Singapore Sexpat or any of the others where you made a single criticism of Thailand's education system which is one of the main drivers that will help modernise Thailand and reduce the huge reliance on the sex industry. And I respect you for that. As Marie Antoinette might have said "Let them eat sticky rice".[/quote:1z2sjhrl]

The Thai education system is well known for being one of the poorest in the region. By the design, one would guess, of the higher-ups who benefit by keeping the common man down. I don't know anyone who would say any different. And I don't mind Thailand having a sex industry, since every country in the world has one. Actually, I think that prostitution should be legalized.

But, thanks for putting words in my mouth, proving -- once again -- that you have no idea who I am or what I think.

December 30th, 2008, 17:41
you have no idea who I am or what I think.As an act of hero worship it is my #1 duty to make up for those deficiencies.

December 30th, 2008, 17:58

As a matter of fact, I do. I'm sure someone like you will find that hard to believe.

Wow ! Chao Na never has sex with a Thai :geek: even not for a Happy New Year I wish to all of you.

December 30th, 2008, 17:59

Wow ! Chao Na never has sex with a Thai :geek: even not for a Happy New Year I wish to all of you.

Not sure I follow your logic, but are you saying that all Thais are prostitutes? And that there is no such thing as free sex in Thailand?

December 30th, 2008, 18:01
Not sure I follow your logic, but are you saying that all Thais are prostitutes? And that there is no such thing as free sex in Thailand?Someone with your black heart would always have to pay for it?

December 30th, 2008, 18:03
Not sure I follow your logic, but are you saying that all Thais are prostitutes? And that there is no such thing as free sex in Thailand?Someone with your black heart would always have to pay for it?

Gee...I wonder why I would bother with gayromeo then?

December 30th, 2008, 18:04
you have no idea who I am or what I think.As an act of hero worship it is my #1 duty to make up for those deficiencies.your fucked curious it looks like Sgt is involved around you and him ,,,prove to me u and him are not the same fuckerYou've guessed our little secret. We are Siamese twins.

December 30th, 2008, 18:06
Joined at the bald head or the obese belly?