PDA

View Full Version : Mercure hotel pattaya

December 28th, 2008, 16:52
Does anyone have reviews about the Mercure hotel in Pattaya, near second road (soi 15)? Is it far from the scene (boystown and sunnee plaza)?
Is it gayfriendly and do they make problem when I want to take more than 1 boy to my room?
Hans030

December 28th, 2008, 17:46
I stayed at the Merure in August, very clean, new and nice. The staff were all polite and professional.
They have a free tuktuk cum mini bus which drops you off near the Welcome Plaza Hotel, which leaves you a 60 second walk to boystown and pattayaland.
I negiotiated a room price before I went with a guest fee waiver (I think they normally charge 500b)
They are gay friendly, but I cant say about more than 1 guest.
The club Xcyte which has some nice lads is at the entrance to the Mercure car park.
All in all I would recommend it for the touch of luxury, but there are much cheaper places to stay.

December 31st, 2008, 02:18
I just want to remind u that MERCURE is part of the ACCOR-group, which is arguably the most homophobic company in the hospitality-world, run by two old French Nazi-Zombies.
did you already forget what happened at NOVOTEL SIAM in Bangkok a year ago or so ?

January 1st, 2009, 22:53
my company has a special contract rate with the accorhotels that's why i stay with them in thailand and china. what happened to novotel siam square a few years ago??