PDA

View Full Version : share of La Cage bar or full sale offered

lonelywombat
March 26th, 2006, 06:41
I visited the sunee site and noticed that David is looking for a resident
partner to share the workload, or to sell outright. I am not sure that a share was included in the original post.

What might be interest is that the top 2 floors are available for use as accomodation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE
La Cage - Soi VC

or ... new partnership considered.

Established 2002, La Cage, which is situated on Soi VC Hotel, adjacent
to Sunee Plaza, is one of the area's longer established bars, and is offered for sale.

Or, the owners would consider a new resident partner to share the workload.

This profitable host bar is situated in a four storey shophouse, the top two floors being suitable for owner's accommodation, and enjoys the benefits of a long lease with regular expat and tourist business, together with long serving management and staff.

The business is in the name of a fully tax paid company,
which will be included in the sale.

Initial enquiries - please contact David on 0706 87730
or Email: dvdkuk@yahoo.co.uk

puckered_penguin
March 26th, 2006, 08:15
A profitable bar? does that mean the owner pays himself a living wage of say 75,000 baht per month. His company pays tax and all the staff are paid salaries at least to the minimum wage and have health insurance etc.

Or is it just another pimp's folly where the falang can't get out quick enough as he/she realises being a pimp is just pouring his pension down the arsehole of some sex tourist!!

Unless you are http://upload4.postimage.org/70978/ATT00003.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/70978/photo_hosting.html)

andrewcraig
March 26th, 2006, 09:35
A profitable bar?

Or is it just another pimp's folly where the falang can't get out quick enough[/b] a[/url]

If you read the ad, the owner is looking for a partner to buy in and share the workload.

If he cannot find that he will happily sell.

Most of the staff seem to have been there since it opened, appear well looked after and happy

Tell us about your folly, it might be more interesting

catawampuscat
March 26th, 2006, 13:05
La Cage is one place to go if feminine boys spin your wheels..

puckered_penguin
March 26th, 2006, 15:00
A profitable bar?

Tell us about your folly, it might be more interesting

My folly? Don't have one currently , came here to retire and have done just that.
Though I do some teaching sometimes, to dogs, that is. for free of course..

The comments made about sharing the workload made me laugh. What is the workload?

By the way having a company will add about 1500 Baht per month to the costs in paying off so called lawyers/accountats to present 6 monthly accounts. So if you decide to buy the folly then reject the company, unless you really are going to be running a bone-fide company paying real wages and real taxes!!!!

You might imagine that I am formerly an accountant.

lonelywombat
March 26th, 2006, 17:49

The comments made about sharing the workload made me laugh. What is the workload?

By the way having a company will add about 1500 Baht per month to the costs in paying off so called lawyers/accountats to present 6 monthly accounts. So if you decide to buy the folly then reject the company, unless you really are going to be running a bone-fide company paying real wages and real taxes!!!!

You might imagine that I am formerly an accountant.

Yes you sound like an accountant , worried about 1500baht per month. Bittered and twisted.

Is there a professional who knows LOS and can comment on the wisdom of operating through a company or not.

I am always concerned about comments a bone-fide company paying real wages and real taxes

Not the type of "accountant " I would be seeking.

What do you do in LOS BTW? And how do you survive?

puckered_penguin
March 26th, 2006, 20:40
Lonelywombat:-"Yes you sound like an accountant , worried about 1500baht per month. Bittered and twisted."

No neither bitter nor twisted. I have only been in Thailand 1 year( been visiting for 13 yrs.), so not had time for that. My original post was warning people not to put there cash into a bar. Yes 1500 baht a month is a lot in bar economics. You have to sell about 50 beers just to pay for the fees.

I think LMTU summed it up by inferring that the bar is only busy after legal closing time. So maybe they pay the police 3000 Baht per month. Another 100 beers.
Rent another 250 beers. Electricity using aircon must be another 100 beers. Are the staff paid. maybe 700 beers.

Cost of my investment about 2000 beers per month

Ok how many profitable beers will I sell. having a partner means that we only share 1/2 a beer each. Sorry 1/4 of a beer as I forgot I had to buy the beer in the first place.

Does LMTU own a bar or just sells them??? Anyway when you drink in the bar just be thankful that the bar owner is probably subsidising your beer from his own pocket.

March 27th, 2006, 13:59
La Cage is certainly doing well enough business before legal closing time to ensure profitability, and anyone with the energy required to be an owner of a popular pub would be very lucky if they could keep one or both of the current partners as businss partners moving forward.

Anyone who labels it strictly a lady boy bar due to the odd klatoey and occasional appearances by famous drag acts from the UK is sadly mistaken, as there are some very cute and certainly very masculine hosts there as well, and the clientele, from what I can see, are gentlemen's gentlemen.

As for calculations based on "30 baht beers," I believe they would be somewhat incorrect, as most punters tend to drink the higher margin stuff, and that, at least in my experiences in the place, in dizzying quantities. With those margins plus the off fees each night, I think it looks like quite a good investment. If I could somehow retire and move to Pattaya I would take it myself, but, helas, I have a few more years on the corporate track before I'm ready for that (and yes, I HAVE owned a gay pub before, in a place where the rent was a few thousand POUNDS a month, and the math still looks very good!).

lonelywombat
March 27th, 2006, 17:20
Or is it just another pimp's folly where the falang can't get out quick enough as he/she realises being a pimp is just pouring his pension down the arsehole of some sex tourist!!

I met David when he and Terry first opened My Life in Pattayaland, it must be close to 10 years ago

I dont ask leading questions but believe that David still is a part owner. He is also a part owner of La Cage

He loves his life style, and is known to allow himself to be forced into a frock, in the name of charity.

The bar is not of interest to those who are pension driven.Anyone with a pension mentality should ignore.

But for those who want to retire in LOS, and want an interest yet not be completely in control and responsible,

La Cage looks a great chance. For some an interest but not a fulltime job is a way to keep the grey matter from

freezing up. It is a way of meeting people(farang) and having thai employees.

I certainly reject the remarks about pouring a pension down the arsehole of a sex tourist.

Did you have someone in mind??

March 28th, 2006, 15:10
La Cage looks a great chance. For some an interest but not a fulltime job is a way to keep the grey matter from freezing up. It is a way of meeting people(farang) and having thai employees.
I certainly reject the remarks about pouring a pension down the arsehole of a sex tourist.

Agreed! But. "Pouring a pension down...." etc.... No way!
My problem would be, eating up the profits.

Speaking of My Life; I wonder what ever happened to Madam.