PDA

View Full Version : Yet another scam in Sunee be carefull not to take unknowns.

gearguy
March 26th, 2006, 06:02
reading stories like this, as well as the police news for Pattaya Mail, makes me wonder about the wisdom of going to pattaya anymore for holiday! Is it just some press sensationism, or has crime really gotten that much worse?

on the other hand, after over 10 years of travel there, and never having anything even remotely like the problems and incidents I see mentioned, I have to wonder if there is not something else involved and not mentioned in these stories.

March 26th, 2006, 14:56
on the other hand, after over 10 years of travel there, and never having anything even remotely like the problems and incidents I see mentioned, I have to wonder if there is not something else involved and not mentioned in these stories.

In they're young some find it exhilarating to walk on the wild side--And don't know when it's time to stop...Or cross the street. :walk:

But it can happen any where, any time.
When I was 15 I got a job washing cars at a used car lot.
One day, the owner said he needed help moving something. He took me to a cheap apartment-hotel, made me strip, took my clothes and handcuffed me to the bed.
Three-times-a-day, he brought me double bacon-cheese burgers, potato salad, malteds, fresh strawberry pie and comic books; at night...ta-da, ta-da, ta-da....
He didn't realize there was maid service once-a-week. The maid called the police...ta-da, ta-da, ta-da....
My mother was mad as hell and so was I...I'd gained ten pound (I only weighed 105 back then.) and three waist sizes: nothing fit, and I hadn't finished the latest Little Lulu!

dab69
March 27th, 2006, 03:50
too bad it hadn't happenned to that fat old loser Mrs Ydney.

SHe's probably laying in the gutter somewhere, head bashed in by some oThEr fat old poofter in white shoes for her snide antics.

March 31st, 2006, 15:52
Arrest warrants issued for two police officers who allegedly kidnapped Finnish man

Gang of six snatched visitor and demanded 700,000 baht ransom

Patcharapol Panrak

Two police officers have been implicated in the kidnapping of a Finnish man who was snatched from outside a Jomtien Beach hotel by six men who demanded a ransom of 700,000 baht.

A report was filed with Khongkongtaal Police Sub-station on March 17 by Mrs Phaiwee Christina, residing at the Ayari Khong Hanuman Hotel on Jomtien Beach Road, stating that Karinen Harri Juhani, a 52-year-old Finnish national been kidnapped and a ransom of 700,000 baht was being demanded for his release.

Pol Lt Gen Jongrak Juthanon, commander of Region 2, immediately directed a high-level team led by his deputy Pol Maj Gen Rapepat Palawong, commander of Chonburi police Pol Col Narabun Naenna, and commander of Pattaya Municipal Police Pol Col Somnuk Changate to carry out the investigations.

The rest of the story can be found here:

www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd10 (http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd10)

April 1st, 2006, 21:00
why wouldn't she be when they brought you back..she paid the bugger a fortune to kidnap you in the first place... :compress:

April 3rd, 2006, 16:47
why wouldn't she be when they brought you back..she paid the bugger a fortune to kidnap you in the first place... :compress:

Yes, a fortune--And that after the disappointment that my movie stardom din't pan out: I auditioned for the rol├й of Peter Pan--But the producer thought my pan was petered out, not to mention; in the costume I looked like... Julia Roberts?...No, like I'd swapped legs with a chicken--And lost m' arse in the deal!...Green never was my color...unless you're speaking of skin tone.
Anyway, that money was gone in no time; I was eating the brat-snatcher (Burgers, pie, etc you dirty batch!) out of house and hotel room!
So Auntie said, "Next time, Emily, sell it to gypsies."
So Mama cruised caravan camps for a time but that din't work out neither: after they'd had their way with her, they'd refuse to pay up and toss `er in a ha-ha out where JC parked his bubble gum.

April 3rd, 2006, 17:34
Wonder if these where the same police that were using the underage boy in sunee to scam the men there?

April 4th, 2006, 02:53
LMTU wrote:

but remember they are one at there 1st birthday, of birth, not the anniversary of there birth like in the west.

I'm confused. I was 1 on my first birthday also.
Do you mean they are considered 1 year old on the day they are born?

rogered :drunken:

colmx
April 4th, 2006, 03:09
I'm confused as to how the police manage to extract these large amounts of money out of a farang?

The most that the ATM will dispense is 20,000 Per day, so what do they do, incarcerate the farang and let him out everyday to draw his 20K?

400,000 Baht is around тВм10,000 - not many holidaymakers tend to keep that amount of cash in their current accounts anyway...

LMTU I don't dispute the fact that you may have been scammed out of money by these crooks, but i really don't understand how so many people can have so much on hand just to hand over??

April 4th, 2006, 06:04
This is really just a linguistic construct isn't it. They, in common with several other Asian languages, are saying "I'm in my first year, I'm in my second year, I'm in my 18th year..."

wheras we say "Ive been on this planet more than 18 years..."

April 6th, 2006, 06:26
"Recent rumours that gay men have been targeted in the resort for extortion have surfaced again with one of the oddest corruption tales in PattayaтАЩs annals. Finnish citizen Mr Harri Karinen, aged 52, was kidnapped after picking up a male sex worker in the Boyztown district. The farang invited the young man, who was above the age of consent, back to his Jomtien apartment and hired a motor bike taxi to take them both there".

The whole story from Pattaya Today.

www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=1609 (http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=1609)