PDA

View Full Version : Mosaik Apartments

markie1
December 25th, 2008, 18:20
I just booked a weeks stay at mosaik apartments ,i have never stayed there before ,but there web site looks quite impressive and the cost was ok for a week in a one bedroom suit prestige, i have always stayed at the ambiance before , but the suit offers twice has much space for the same price. so looking forward to my arival in Pataya on the 13 january.

December 26th, 2008, 07:59
You have to factor into the price of Mosaik, the cost of electric, water, linen changes, housekeeping, internet access if required, etc. Mosaik is a serviced apartment and does have added costs over the quoted price.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 26th, 2008, 10:11
You have to factor into the price of Mosaik, the cost of electric, water, linen changes, housekeeping, internet access if required, etc. Mosaik is a serviced apartment and does have added costs over the quoted price.

while this is true they are still excellent value and superbly located. Hope you get one at the front as some face onto a well that isn't that attractive. However they are all new and clean with all facilities.

December 26th, 2008, 11:43
Friends staying there in moment and they must pay a joiner fee, if they bring a boy to the appartment. But they not even get one towle more. Not fair for this kind of accomodation.

December 26th, 2008, 12:28
Friends staying there in moment and they must pay a joiner fee, if they bring a boy to the appartment. But they not even get one towle more. Not fair for this kind of accomodation.

I called Mosiak to ask about this since I have a friend coming to town from the USA and I suggested he may want to stay there. The deny having a joiner fee as these are apartments with a security camera allowing you to see who is visiting before buzzing them into the building.

Maybe you are thinking of a hotel.

December 26th, 2008, 14:27
My friends paying every day 200 Baht for the boy they bring to the appartment. Maybe it goes in someones pocket but they pay it at Mosaik Appartments. Just ask them again before posting here.

searcher
December 26th, 2008, 16:53
Their website does not include any restrictions about joiners or any joiner fee. I would simply not pay and see what happens.

December 26th, 2008, 17:47
My friends paying every day 200 Baht for the boy they bring to the appartment. Maybe it goes in someones pocket but they pay it at Mosaik Appartments. Just ask them again before posting here.

Here is the telephone number I dialed (038 723 667) and for the second time the person that answered said there is no payment for a guest. I am wondering who he pays the 200 baht to. Is it the security guard?

1PR4BKK
December 29th, 2008, 09:38

I have stayed at Mosaik several times and have enjoyed it quite a bit. As for joiner fees...NONE! Several of my friends have booked apartments there during my stay and none of them ever mentioned a joiner fee. As another poster mentioned, these units are serviced apartments, not hotel rooms. The only thing the overnight guards may do is record the motorbike tag of your companion and maybe their ID, time of entry and departure. However, this if for your own safety. They have never requested money for joiner fee or "hush money" so I certainly do not see to whom your friend could have paid the 200 THB.

As a matter of fact, my friends are staying there at the moment and I decided to go elsewhere this year because I wanted a place with a pool. I think I may end up staying there again in a few weeks.

naklua
February 1st, 2009, 00:14
I can concur that there is no joiner fee at the Mosaik.

Although I have enjoyed to stay at the Mosaik on several occasions during the last three years, I am looking for an alternative, as their pricing has become somewhat steep lately.
When they opened in 2005 they charged 22.000 Baht for a two room apartment of about 80m2 and 17k to 19k Baht for the smaller 60m2 two room apartments. Prices are monthly, low season. Starting with "low season" 2008 they raised their prices by about 20% - I dont think the CPI increased by 20% in these three years. Adding pain is the Baht's appreciation. What has irritated me from the beginning is their 30% add-on thorughout the socalled "high season". Although I see the point in charging a premium like this during the peak season, I hold the opinion it is somewhat over the top during the period when the low season has more or less settled in already, i.e. in March. I think it would be much more appropriate to differentiate between peak-, high-, low- and dead-season. Only two levels like at the Mosaik (high or low season with a 30% price difference) does not make too much sense in my opinion, especially in Pattaya. Of course one could argue, it is up to the market, i.e. the tourists and foreign residents, to decide on the appropriate pricing policy. Problem is on the other hand, the imperfect information, i.e. I dont know about alternatives which offer about the same level of convenience/quality. I once in a while take a look at other apartments / guest houses, but I have not found anything that would pass as an alternative regarding the standard of the rooms. As I dont want to spill my holiday with indiscriminate "inspections" of prospective alternative apartments, I would like to ask this community to share their huge knowledge base regarding lodging.
I am looking for an apartment, to let for three to four weeks. In the range of 50m2 to 70m2; seperate sleeping room would be nice. Bathroom should be Western style, i.e. separated toilet and shower, as I dont want to stand/walk on a wet floor when going to the toilet. Bathroom should be big enough to hold two persons at the same time without impeding each other - this is another issue with Mosaik: the suites are rather big, but much of the space is uselessly wasted while the bathroom is very, very small.
Bed has to be king-size. TV should not be outdated and about 30 or more inches - my boyfriend needs it...
Next there should be a Balcony which actually can be used, i.e. having a minimum of two outdoor chairs. Important for smoking...
Plenty of storage room would be a considerable plus. Not just a standard cabinet, but at least two and some extra furniture useful for storage.
Big safety deposit box - should be able to hold a standard size laptop, camera and some other stuff.
Some dished and cutlery would be nice to have, together with adequate cupboard.
What I do not need: Cooking plate, telephone, DVD player, VCR, stereo, swimming pool, parking lot.
I hope my needs are not too specific - I would be very grateful for some people out there having suggestions.

February 1st, 2009, 19:09
What about center condo
It is close to every thing
They have lots of condos 1 bed room or bedrooms
If you want more information
Send me a pm

naklua
February 6th, 2009, 03:58
What about center condo
It is close to every thing
They have lots of condos 1 bed room or bedrooms
If you want more information
Send me a pm

Thanks for your offer, skeet45.
I was thinking about giving Center Condo a try in the past. As a matter of fact I decided against doing so eventually, because of too much construction noise going on there. I learned that almost all the time apartments were undergoing renovations, as they changed hands and the new owners wanted everything done new. As far as I know there is some kind of block out period for construction work every year, but that means that in the end more work is done in the remaining period of every year. Moreover there is the temple next to the condo and this means additional noise. Finally the building is rather old and thus the need for renovation work is raised further.
If the building was smaller (less apartments mean less opportunities for noise producing construction work; a highrise building like the cc is therefore not the perfect choice) and/or newer then it would be a different scenario.

colmx
July 12th, 2009, 04:22
Just been looking on Mosaiks#s website and reading about Mosaik II
http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/

"All DELUXE STUDIOS, PRESTIGE STUDIOS, DELUXE SUITES and PRESTIGE SUITES as well as the PENTHOUSE are located in the main Mosaik Building or the new Mosaik II building. Both buildings are equipped with in total four modern elevators which ensure a very comfortable access to all floors.Our STANDARD STUDIOS and STANDARD SUITES are located in two separate buildings right across from the main Mosaik building. These buildings have only stairways but no elevators"

Just wondering where the standard suites are located?
Across from Mosaik to my mind is the block that Blius house is locaed in?

Or are they located over what was o'briens restaurant?

Or has the rumoured conversion of flamingo into apartmenst happened already?

Alaan
July 12th, 2009, 04:59
Yes Colmx they are located over the former O'Briens restaurant and in the next building to the right of that as you face the restaurant front...with the Flamingo to the left. They are housed in two buildings. Remember the main Mosaik building goes all the way round through to soi day/night 1 [Building E] so the other Mosaik buildings are technically across from the main building but not from the main building front....as is Blue House as you say.

If you are there...when you look up at all the balconys on Day Night two around the former O'Briens building you will see all the balconys with plants and beautifully painted virtually all the same...it is they who belong to Mosaik. I have never stayed anywhere in Mosaik apart from the main building......but on my last visit i had to stay in Pattaya near the end of my stay for only two days and had a prestige studio which looks out over the rear soi to Cats Place and across to the two buildings..they certainly look very nice from the outside... but according to the guy in the office...there are no lifts and the decor is not as plush as the main Mosaik building. But the price reflects this....they are very reasonably priced.

I had a look at the Flamingo 3 weeks ago when i stayed in the Mosaik....i was advised the building is undergoing refurbishment...but i parked my car outside of it for a couple of days and the place still looks a mess and there was no sign of activity then.

I stayed also in the main Mosaik block in a prestige studio for a week and the standard in the main building is still every bit as high as it was when they first opened.

colmx
July 12th, 2009, 05:20
Hi Alaan
Thanks for your very informative reply

From posting elsewhere on the board I'll only be in Thailand for 7 night on my mini trip at the end of oct, and will probably spend the first 2 nights in Bkk

5000B for a week in one of their mosaik II studios sound like a great deal to me. I don't particularly care for elevators, just location!

Dani69
July 12th, 2009, 06:14
Stayed there for 40 days last may/june I higly rate the facilitys and location but I found the extras ie cleaning /sheet and towel changing and electricty to be on the high side. Mind you I was in a 2 bedroomed apartment with air con on nearly all the time.

cdnmatt
August 12th, 2009, 04:08
Not sure if it helps any, but I can recommend Mosaik. The rooms are excellent, and price is very reasonable if you pick the right room. For my first week here, I stayed in a great studio for about 4,000 baht, including utilities, etc. Rooms are great, staff is great, security guards are really friendly (buy the older, chubby, short haired guy a couple big Leos every once in a while, and he'll love you to no end :-)). That, and if you bring someone home, you don't have to go through any reception area and get stares from the staff.

Only beef I have with Mosaik is that they advertise a full kitchen, which they somewhat do offer. I have a full sized fridge, built-in hotplate in the counter with two burners, plates, bowls, utensils, and even coffee cups. Yet, there's no pots, pans, kettle, water boiler, nothing. I mean, what's the point of giving me coffee cups, when you don't give me anything to boil water with?

Other than that though, I think Mosaik is great.

Dani69
August 12th, 2009, 23:31
I stayed for 40 days in may/June in Mosaik in a 2 bedroomed apartment and I found it very nice.
Not once did I have to pay a joiner fee, maybe the security guard at night is pocketing this money.
Elec and Cleaning was a bit over the top price wise but in general great location and very clean and well run
9 out 10 from me.

Alaan
August 12th, 2009, 23:36
Dani69.......I don't understand your comment about joiner fees...the reason you didn't have to pay for a joiner fee is because there is no such thing at Mosaik.

Dani69
August 13th, 2009, 00:40
Yes thanks Alaan ! thats what i meant - no joiner fee at all in operation

E dok tong.

Brad the Impala
August 13th, 2009, 00:44
Yes thanks ! thats what i meant - no joiner fee at all in operation

What could the security be pocketing then?

Dani69
August 13th, 2009, 07:09
Best ask the guy that paid out the so called joiner fee dear.........I was just stating my opinion that maybe it was the security guard but obviously you are far more informed then me so i will leave you to solve the mystery Miss Marple

firecat69
September 21st, 2009, 00:28
If you don't mind being in Jomtien, I would rent at View Talay from www.asian-escapes.com (http://www.asian-escapes.com). Beautiful apartments , no extra charges and fully equipped.

September 21st, 2009, 00:40
Too bad they don't accept credit cards. I hate to pay 1000 bath to send 5000.

Too bad they do not accept credit cards. I wonder if you could send money via Pay Pal? Perhaps your friend in Pattaya could give the office 5000 baht and you reimburse your friend?

Dani69 you mentioned that the utilities were a bit over the top.

When I stayed in Mosaik last year, I think the electric charge was about 5 baht per kilowatt. Both the electric and water are on individual meters and so your bill is a function of how much you use. Leave the A/C running around the clock and your bill may be a bit over the top.

cdnmatt
September 21st, 2009, 01:17
I did not send the required deposit yet. Too bad they don't accept credit cards. I hate to pay 1000 bath to send 5000.

Really, they require a deposit from you? I have never once paid a deposit, and considering they're hardly full, I don't see why you should. I've always just dropped them a quick e-mail letting them know the date & time I'm arriving, and pay in cash once there. If I'm arriving after office hours, I just ask them to give the security guard a key to my room, and pay in cash the following morning. I've never once had a problem with that.

If they actually require a deposit, just cancel the reservation, and show up at the office when you arrive. You'll still get the same room at the same price. It's not like Pattaya is over-crowded with farangs right now or anything.

Cdnmatt, you said that there are no pots and pans, boiler and I assume no coffee maker which are very basics in an apartment. Would they supply those basics if asked nicely? Push comes to shove, I can always buy them.

Yeah, I didn't find this out until after I bought a good 4000 baht worth of shit, but yeah, they have everything for you. They won't just put it in your room though, and you have to ask for it. But I guess they have a storage of kettles, DVD players, and even a microwave if you want one. Just drop them an e-mail to let them know, and I'm sure it'll be in your room once you arrive.

Anyone has recently stayed at Mosaik and wish to share comments?

Just left about 5 days ago, and yep, I'd recommend them!

Oh, and for utilities. I was staying in a 1bdrm Prestige, so a fairly large room, two air conditions which were very heavily used, and probably 4 showers a day on average. The one bill I got was for exactly 36 days, and it was 9500 baht. Electricity, water, internet (1000 baht), maid service, laundry, etc.

Dani69
September 21st, 2009, 01:32
Mine was a 2 bed apart.
Total bill for utilities for 40 days was 12000, incl lots of showers, 3 air con units, and cleaning service etc
Back there again soon.
Highly recommend.
But i agree with above dont pay any deposit - cash on arrival.

firecat69
September 21st, 2009, 07:13
It has been 2 or 3 years since I stayed there but I am astounded at the amount you have paid for elec etc. I have stayed in 3 bedroom houses with private pool where the electric bill has been only 6000 baht for 1 month. This added to their prices IMO makes it a very expensive place to stay since they have absolutely no facilities such as swimming pool, gym etc.

There are better deals unless the location is the only one for you.