PDA

View Full Version : Two days/nights in Pattaya. I need your opinions.

HIGHRISE
March 26th, 2006, 01:09
OK, guys. I'm usually in the background, just reading all the interesting comments. I value your opinions. I'm arriving Bangkok April 5, and staying three nights at Babylon. Then, I must find my way to Pattaya, and am staying by the beach in Jomtien for just two nights, April 8 and 9, at the new Avalon Beach resort. I know, it's a very short trip, and it's mostly just to check things out for much longer future visits.

My questions are: 1. What would be my best option for getting from Babylon to Jomtien (and back to an airport hotel on the 10th), and 2. What are your recommendations for beach, bar, massage places when I'm there for just two days and two nights.

Go at it boys! I look forward to reading your opions. :notworthy: Say hi if you see me!http://upload4.postimage.org/68945/ME010.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/68945/photo_hosting.html)

Jetsam
March 26th, 2006, 01:43
Say hi if you see me!http://upload4.postimage.org/68945/ME010.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/68945/photo_hosting.html)

Hi http://images.fok.nl/s/bye.gif I can see you

Jetsam
March 26th, 2006, 01:51
The quickest and most comfortable way to go to Pattaya is by taxi, from BKK to Pattaya/Jomtien is about 1200 to 1500 baht, the other way around from Pattaya to BKK is about 800 baht.
About massage parlors , there are several in Pattaya and it is hit or miss, you just have to be lucky that you pick the right masseur :headbang:

March 26th, 2006, 02:25
Seems you go before to Phi Phi island in Phuket as your picture is telling me ! Tell me if i am wrong.

Your trip to Pattaya.

Ask for a taxi in your hotel, Babylon, do not pay more as 2000 bath ! (between 1500 and 2000 bath ). Do not take a taxi on the street , it is not safe !

Jotiem beach, near the beach there is a day bar name Bamboo, it is a good bar for aft her beach.

Then go eat in Sunny plaza there is a good place , Niddy's restaurant, the owner from US, on SGF his name " American Teacher" , drink one off his large cocktails and enjoy the excellent food cooked bey Niddy ( his Thai friend ), it is a must !

Nighttime go after 12.30 Boy's Boy's Boy's in Boys town and find the boy off your life. If you like more to go disco go to Hollywood disco.

PS : If you take a boy sort time ask for his ID card if he not have let him fuck off. Go shower together and do not let him one moment alone in your room. Never tell him you stay only 2 day's, tell him you long time in Pattaya.

Enjoy the fun...

HIGHRISE
March 26th, 2006, 02:36
[quote="baziel"]Seems you go before to Phi Phi island in Phuket as your picture is telling me ! Tell me if i am wrong.

Very good Baziel! Yes, that was Phi Phi Island just before the big wave. I was with my Singapore boyfriend of five years. I miss him dearly, and we only broke up because of the circumstances. Thanks for the valuable Pattaya tips! :wav:

March 26th, 2006, 02:40
Jetsam, i have seen in Pattaya it is only 800 bath to go BKK airport white minibus. I have been told from Thai people they do only if the minibus is full ! If not you have to pay more. Jetsam you ever go to BKK only 800 bath ?

I had a taxi from my hotel and pay 1500 bath, a trip takes 3.5 hours because a lot off traffic, i did tip a lot to the driver, because this is crazy !

Dodger
March 26th, 2006, 03:18
Highhrise...If you want to Risehigh...walk over to the Jomtien Complex area and check out Two Faces. They have a few cute waiters who offer a "four hands massage" in a private room. It goes great in the morning with a hot cup of Bavarian coffee...especially if you enjoy fresh cream.

Jetsam
March 26th, 2006, 03:27
Jetsam, i have seen in Pattaya it is only 800 bath to go BKK airport white minibus. I have been told from Thai people they do only if the minibus is full ! If not you have to pay more. Jetsam you ever go to BKK only 800 bath ?

I had a taxi from my hotel and pay 1500 bath, a trip takes 3.5 hours because a lot off traffic, i did tip a lot to the driver, because this is crazy !

Baziel, if you look around you see a lot of signs , Taxi Bankok 800 bht, you have to pay at a convienient store than, you get a receipt and there will be a car at te right time to drive you out of pattaya to the airport http://images.fok.nl/s/sadley.gif

bing
March 26th, 2006, 03:36
Two days is like a taste of honey, but if that is all the time. Then make the most of it. As
you walk around Sunee area, and I think you will enjoy doing that, stop by Monty's B&B, I find him to be a hoot. You might like a quiet moment at Memory Bar, just say "hi" and the conversation has started. If you make it to the Walking Street and can find the Thai Boxing bar "Doll House", you might find that fun. Bring a bunch of 20 baht notes to give the winners. Even better offer a drink to them and they will get into street clothes and be happy to sit with you. I always have a good time at the Thai Boxing place. Perhaps I spend too much time there. Last time I walked in the door one of the waitresses ran over to me and said "HI PAPPA". Two days is not enough, but long enough to decide it is one of the best destinations on earth. But I'm a bit bias, I sort of like Pattaya. If you are in the Boys-town area for supper, I also enjoy AMOR Restaurant. Richard, the owner is very hands on guy who will stop by and see if your meal is to your liking. MMMM save room for his killer carrot cake. Some friends will say his prices are a bit high, but if you are only there for two days, I would think this would be a very nice place to spend part of that time.

March 26th, 2006, 03:41
Jetsam you not answer " you ever go BKK only 800 bath !

HIGHRISE
March 26th, 2006, 03:43
This is all great information. I'll be printing it out and taking it with me. Yes, it's a very short trip, mostly fact finding for future visits of much longer length.

As I'm already booked at Avalon Beach Resort, can anyone give some pros or cons of that place?

March 26th, 2006, 03:52
I have been told it is a good place, but i never stay there, you can inform us , and i hope you do !

Jetsam
March 26th, 2006, 04:02
Jetsam you not answer " you ever go BKK only 800 bath !

Baziel, sorry if it was not clear, yes I have gone to Bangkok for 800 baht and that's more than one time. let me ad you have to pay for toll, lets say 100 baht.

Up2U
March 26th, 2006, 04:16
HIGHRISE,

Do NOT screw around with a 800 baht Bangkok taxi They're safety going to Pattaya is questionable and once there they usually get lost. Call Gems&Phon Taxi Service (01761-6455 or 0-9833-2498) or email GemsPhon@loxinfo.co.th and pay 1000/1200 baht (tolls included) for a safe and reliable driver who will take you right to the Avalon. You can contact ImageLimo if you want to pay more and travel in style. (If you can afford the Avalon you certainly don't want to deal with Bangkok taxis.) At the Avalon you are near the Jom Tien Complex group of businesses. Afternoon massages/drinks readily available. Loads of places to choose from for dinner. You really don't have to go in to town (Pattaya) because there is so much in Jom Tien to keep you occupied, but I would still visit Sunee Plaza (my favorite) and the BoysTown area. Use the street maps at http://pattayagay.com/main.html. Please give us your report on the Avalon. If for some reason you are not happy there I would check-in to Tui's Place or the Poseidon.

dab69
March 26th, 2006, 09:32
are the least of your worries. when I arrive from the USA I am SO f***in tired yet excited.
The trip is straining and Thailand is a strain of sun and excitement.
Bring some sleep meds. Jet lag + the trip will make for hardly any sleep until you are used to it.
One week total won't do it, and a week of VERY little sleep won't be good either.

whogivesaf**k what kind of taxi u take.

andrewcraig
March 26th, 2006, 09:41
this comment was posted on pattaya-chat 8 march. By the time you arrive things should be better

My best mate from Oz was in town 3 weeks ago, and i put him up there. He only stays in 5 star places and he was disappointed.

The hotel is unfinished with only the front building finished with a few large rooms in it. They were huge, but there was no decent restaurant, only a small service bar across from the pool, and no good restaurants.

Maybe it will be a good hotel when it finishes, but for now, i would give it a pass

Aunty
March 26th, 2006, 12:02
as a rampantly promiscuous painted gay Jezebel is don't forget to pack your condoms!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

After all what we want are lots and lots of orgasms, not organisms!

HIGHRISE
March 26th, 2006, 12:41
Just back from a big night out in Seattle. YES Seattle! That's where I live. I'm so looking forward to fun in the sun. Thanks for the comments Boys!

March 27th, 2006, 11:00
I once paid 2000 baht, taking a taxi from the airport to pattaya but last time paid 1500 baht with tolls charge included in the price, by popping into:
A & F Tours
Kasemkij Building, Silom Rd
Phone: (0) 2267 - 0369 Fax: (0) 2267 - 0364

It was a comfortbale ride and amazingly quick at 2 hours, the time before it took me well over 3 hours.

Also if you are looking at bars, I must say I do like sitting outside Le Cafe Royale (soi 3 Pattayaland [Boyztown]) after a meal or opposite at the Ambiance then going onto see the Splash (10.30pm) and Throb Show (11.00pm), with shorter versions of the show repeated around 11.30pm ish and 12.00pm ish. There is also a new showbar in town called Wild West Boys, on soi 2 Pattayaland which has good shows, if repetitive, at 9.00pm, 10.30pm and 12.00pm. Cacuya on soi 1 has shows too but I think only at around midnight (don't quote me).

I have found Throb and Wild West to be my favourite bars and can also include Lucky 777 on soi 1 in this too, with arguably (don't contradict me) the best looking boys in town, a real mix of tat's, fem's, muscle's, age's and a very nice mamasan.

Don't restrict yourself to one area though, in the same night have a wander over (walk - 10 min's max or taxi bike - 2 mins) to Sunee Plaza. Worth popping into Krazy Dragon for a look at the table dancers, and pop into a couple of other gogo bars to see how (comparitively) sleazy some of the sunee bars can be compaired to Boyztown bars - not to everyone's taste but worth a looksee. The best thing about Sunee Plaza, in my book, is that it has what Boyztown misses, a lot of bars where you can just sit outside at a table and drink, eat or watch the world go by. There are a couple of such bars in Boyztown but it is more populated by the indoor gogo bar.

As for massage, I found that the guys at The Body Club, part of La Cafe Royale group, were expert and offered extras without any problems, even massages in your own hotel room which could go well over the allotted and paid for hour or so.

Enjoy your trip.

March 27th, 2006, 14:33
Dear Highrise,

When I was posted to Bangkok (CY 2003), I went to Jomtien most weekends, and now that I'm back in Hong Kong, I still sneak out of the office for the occasional weekend of recharging the batteries (or more accurately, depleting them). Here are a few recommendations.

The most painless way to travel is to use a Bangkok-based taxi (like the one posted by Fatman above which looks excellent) to go to Pattaya, and a local one for the way back. I've put two Jomtien taxis below. I would NOT recommend the cheap taxis -- they generally do not have insurance, and so far I have been in two accidents on the way to Pattaya (thankfully I was not injured in either of them).

For the taxi, I used to use a service from a man named Khun Suthep (his company is called Pattaya Country Coaches or something like that) -- they have about 30 cars with driver and I usually got a new Camry or an old Volvo. They charge 1100 baht + tolls, and there is no tipping. This time I used the service booked through the Bondi Hotel in Jomtien, which was 1500 baht inclusive of tolls (and no tipping), and the drivers were also very good.

Here is Suthep's number: +6619832843 -- and you can google Bondi and Jomtien for the other.

As you only have two days, I might recommend that you leave your Bangkok hotel in the morning (after 10 to avoid traffic), so that you can get more time on the beach. This will also mean minimal time in the car. Once you arrive -- check in if you can (and if not just leave the luggage and go to the beach in front of you!). I suggest trying out the deck chairs in front of Rabbit Resort (Rainbow chairs) and the ones in front of Tui's Place (I forget the name), but that is a personal preference.

For massage, in addition to Two Faces and the one next door (used to be Sophon's but it changed names, you might also consider the two places either side of Dick's cafe -- one which has more "small boys" and the other for the more macho and muscle sort (just look at the lads outside and it will be obvious which is which) -- both of these are reputable and good -- but as others have pointed out, it ultimately depends on the boy you pick, and how pleasant and charming you are that day as well :)

For dinner, if you want something a bit more upscale (but also excellent quality food, and a good wine list), do give Luxor a try (in Day Night area -- just ask at any gay hotel and they will direct you). Dinner for four -- appetisers, main course, coffee, dessert and after dinnner drinks, with 2 bottles of old world wine, 4000 to 6000 baht.

Another idea is Cabbages and Condoms resort -- it is on a cliff overlooking the beach, so if you go at sunset there is a lovely light. Excellent Thai food (I personally liked the shelled crab meat in yellow curry), and it is very reasonably priced (last time it was about 400 baht per person with LOTS of beer). They are located in the Pratumnak Hill area (between Jomtien and Pattaya).

For quick and easy food -- and especially if you are dining alone and want some good people watching, then Cafe Royale do a great job (my favourites - the cold roast beef with mustard and creme fraiche, and the eggs mayonnaise).

Now for drinking...

While in Jomtien, if you like lounge singers, you may consider an after beach cocktail at the Bondi in Jomtien Complex -- there are a lot of Jomtien expats, and it is quite a friendly place. The live music is also quite good in the evening.

If you go to Boyztown, Panorama is a good place to sit on the terrace with a G&T and watch what is going on.

If you make friends with some Thai people, you may also consider going to Hollywood. They present a mix of big stage shows, live Thai music and dance music. It is a mixed club, but you will see lots of gay boys around. The music is quite LOUD, although I went this past Saturday and noticed that it was not as loud as before. For drinks, you buy your bottle (vodka, whiskey whatever you prefer) beforehand, and the club only charges you for mixers and ice. So for an entire evening (10:30 pm to 2:30 am), enough mixers and ice to wash down 2 litres of whiskey for 9 people, my bill was 2,500 baht. Note that some Thai guys also have a "VIP card" which gets you 20% discount - which I was lucky enough to have use of this time -- so the total bill came to 2000 baht plus the cost of the whiskey.

Do NOT buy the bottles in the bottle shops outside Hollywood -- you are almost guaranteed to get a mix of Thai whiskey in with your Black Label and that makes for a rather nasty hangover. Since you are staying in Jomtien, I recommend the Foodmart on the corner of Thepprasit and Thaprraya roads (near the original View Talay condo).

This trip I went, on the recommendations of several friends who are as naughty as me, to Crazy Dragon in Sunee -- if you are up for a bit of tasteful sleeze, this is highly recommended -- make sure you change a few hundred baht to 20 baht notes for tips :)

Of course if you like boy bar shows (sadly I have grown rather tired of them, having had to host lots of friends from abroad during my year in Thailand), then I would agree with Fatman that Wild Wild West and Throb are great.

Have a great weekend in Pattaya!

HIGHRISE
March 27th, 2006, 21:04
Wow, such amazing and valuable information. Thanks so much for all the input.