PDA

View Full Version : Phuket Gay Scene First Impressions

December 24th, 2008, 01:59
Gogo bars.
Tried 2 so far.

1 Passport
Small bar, one other customer. About 10+ boys, wearing more than one layer of underwear. Had this been the only bar in town, I might have offed a couple of them, but most Thai bars have a better selection than this. The 100 bht drink price is OK, but that's not a good enough reason to visit.

Here's a previous report on the place -I've no idea if the type of incident reported still goes on.
www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/passport-phuket-t11447.html?highlight=phuket%20gogo (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/passport-phuket-t11447.html?highlight=phuket%20gogo)

2 Tangmo
Much better, although not perfect by any means.
Many customers & as far as I could tell, this bar had a very nice selection of gogo dancers. Actually, it was quite difficult to tell as the stage is light from spotlights at the side of the stage, which are actually BEHIND the front row of dancers. Therefore, the front of these guys is in shadow & sometimes you even have to wait for them to rotate slightly to read the numbers. So it takes a while for them to move around so you an tell who is cute. Quite a few are, so it's worth a visit.
This process was interrupted by a ladymen cabaret show. I couldn't describe it as ladyboys. Not my scene at all, but blow me, they suddenly found a spotlight to illuminate the stage properly for this part of the evenings entertainment. After the caberet show, almost all the customers left, although a small proportion of those that left did leave with a boy. The cabaret seemed to go down well with the people who were there for it.

Whilst the cabaret was on stage, about half the cute boys go & stand outside the bar & the remainder sit in the dark corners of the bar. I beckoned one over as he returned to the building & arranged an off. Another nice guy from Chiang Mai with ID in order & so on.

Next time I shall sit at my hotel bar directly across the road just in time to see half the cute guys come outside when the cabaret starts.

Massage
Not tried any yet, but the Blue Dolphin certainly has some nice looking guys. Will have to pay a visit.

December 24th, 2008, 07:54
Gogo bars.
Tried 2 so far.

1 Passport
Small bar, one other customer. About 10+ boys, wearing more than one layer of underwear. Had this been the only bar in town, I might have offed a couple of them, but most Thai bars have a better selection than this. The 100 bht drink price is OK, but that's not a good enough reason to visit.

Here's a previous report on the place -I've no idea if the type of incident reported still goes on.
www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/passport-phuket-t11447.html?highlight=phuket%20gogo (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/passport-phuket-t11447.html?highlight=phuket%20gogo)

2 Tangmo
Much better, although not perfect by any means.
Many customers & as far as I could tell, this bar had a very nice selection of gogo dancers. Actually, it was quite difficult to tell as the stage is light from spotlights at the side of the stage, which are actually BEHIND the front row of dancers. Therefore, the front of these guys is in shadow & sometimes you even have to wait for them to rotate slightly to read the numbers. So it takes a while for them to move around so you an tell who is cute. Quite a few are, so it's worth a visit.
This process was interrupted by a ladymen cabaret show. I couldn't describe it as ladyboys. Not my scene at all, but blow me, they suddenly found a spotlight to illuminate the stage properly for this part of the evenings entertainment. After the caberet show, almost all the customers left, although a small proportion of those that left did leave with a boy. The cabaret seemed to go down well with the people who were there for it.

Whilst the cabaret was on stage, about half the cute boys go & stand outside the bar & the remainder sit in the dark corners of the bar. I beckoned one over as he returned to the building & arranged an off. Another nice guy from Chiang Mai with ID in order & so on.

Next time I shall sit at my hotel bar directly across the road just in time to see half the cute guys come outside when the cabaret starts.

Massage
Not tried any yet, but the Blue Dolphin certainly has some nice looking guys. Will have to pay a visit.

Thanks for the nice report !

I go to Phuket very soon and i always stay in Bleu Dolphin. The massage i not tried but it is always very busy from 16.00 till 02.00. The massage boys come and go new boys every week .

Passport always empty, never seen more than 4 costumer inside.

Tangmo there was a time that it was so full you even can't sit. The show is very boring if you stay long time in Patong and the bar is much to cold.
Madam Tangmo is very unfrindly and beware if she smell your money. But i have no complains about the staf in Tangmo. It was also the most expensieve bar in Patong last Jan.
The only glory wat left is the very nice femboys.

My Way is a much better place to look show.

BB bar is new and trendy.

Boat bar good show and place to dance drinks where only 90 bath

Smiles
December 24th, 2008, 09:52
Interesting that drinks in Patong GoGo bars are still only 100 baht. They were 100 baht each in 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2004 (which was the last time we went). Planning a trip to Phuket in March so will report on this mysterious lack of natural price inflation.

Paying 250(+) baht a drink (Coke thru beer thru cocktails) in BKK gogo bars was not unexpected ~ though hardly appreciated ~ but the lack of at least any reasonable price increases in Patong is rather strange as well.

Wondering if the Bruges Boy paid a 200 baht tip on a 100 baht 'check bin'?

My Way in Patong (circa 2004) was a horror show of mediocre Broadway tunes, cheaply dressed lady boys, and not a hansome face to be seen. Check that out as well.

Cheers ...

lonelywombat
December 24th, 2008, 10:14
My last trip to Phuket the boys from Tangmo used to line up in the street when not on stage , a very pretty sight. I used to enjoy having a cold drink outside and gradually make my selection At Xmas Tangmo was very busy for the show and Madam Tangmo hogged the microphone and went on and on. Is she still as bad. I found it a good time to stand just inside the door and meet with the dancers

From memory ,My way show members used to line the street and also do shows from a balcony

December 24th, 2008, 12:58
Planning a trip to Phuket in March

Wondering if the Bruges Boy

Will be in Phuket in Mars ? YES !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

a horror :clown:

December 24th, 2008, 13:06
Interesting that drinks in Patong GoGo bars are still only 100 baht

My Way drinks are 300 bath now. Not sure because i have this info from a Thai. Jinks can tell us ?

rincondog
December 24th, 2008, 15:00
Baziel

My Way drinks are 300 bath now. Not sure because i have this info from a Thai. Jinks can tell us ?

I am not sure what your Thai friend was drinking, however, drink prices seem to be exactly the same in Phuket as in Pattaya.

A Thai friend told me the Germans were invading Belgium, can you verify Baziel??

December 24th, 2008, 23:43
Baziel

I am not sure what your Thai friend was drinking, however, drink prices seem to be exactly the same in Phuket as in Pattaya.

A Thai friend told me the Germans were invading Belgium, can you verify Baziel??

Germans interested in Belgium ? Belgium all seasons hip off bananas. ( Your Thai friend very very MAO ?) :clown:

December 25th, 2008, 17:19
More on Phuket:

3 Superboys
About 10~12 gogo dancers. Mostly not spectacularly cute & a few were wearing unflattering baggy underpants. Why don't more bars have nice underwear like Euroboys or Happy Boys in Pattaya?
One nice guy wearing a nice short little black number, not quite tall enough to cover the rear. Sat with him & tipped him -no off, as I was planning to go for a massage.
I was the only customer.

4 MM Boys Club
Entered part way through the show, which included the following.
(i) 2 guys inside a mosquito net cuddling each other. I believe they were wearing underwear, but it was difficult to be sure due to the net and the poor lighting. Might as well turn the lights off or use a black tarpaulin.
(ii) Guys in red PVC style underwear, covered in oil & waving handfulls of lit candles around. Very sexy.
(iii) Ladyboy dragging other boy around floor & beating him.
After this, there were some quite nice guys on the stage. Sadly I had to leave at this point as the music was so loud it was becoming painful.
Easily the loudest music of any gogo bar I've visited yet & it's a quick way to make a good bar into a no go area.
Perhaps I should venture in here again with earplugs.

Mein Schatz massage.
400 bht for a 1 hour oil massage, which didn't quite last one hour. Below average standard. Tipped him 1000, whilst wondering what sort of tip is appropriate for below average service.

December 29th, 2008, 17:43
Phuket summary

Best gogo

1 Tangmo -good selection of dancers & reasonable service. Just beware of the timing for the cabaret shows, if that's not your scene.
Easily the best in town IMHO.

2 BB Boys. Some nice dancers. Bring a powerful torch so you can see them though, as the lighting is inadequate. After you have identified a boy, it may be necessary to go & physically drag him off the stage, as the waiters & the boys seem to make no effort to pair you up with a boy. Ear defenders could be useful, as this is the loudest gogo I have set foot in ever. Cabaret show better than average.

=3 Mamasan. Good service. Sadly all the boys has a tatoo, although at least 2 were still attractive.
=3 Myway. About 10~12 boys, who sensibly change positions frequently to avoid the visibility problems caused by the concrete pillars in the bar. About 3 of them were attractive, but two were offed quite quickly by one greedy farang when I was there, so not much to look at.

Numerous massage parlours & host bars in the area. Avoid Bi Ba Bo bar, but if you must, check ID cards which should be sufficient to persuade you to walk away.