PDA

View Full Version : Phuket or pattaya

December 23rd, 2008, 22:02
Having not been to phuket for about 4 yrs, can some one tell me how it now compares with pattaya. By this i mean the cost of a stay, ie the price of boys hotels food and drink, and of course the off price and tip

markie1
December 23rd, 2008, 22:29
Having not been to phuket for about 4 yrs, can some one tell me how it now compares with pattaya. By this i mean the cost of a stay, ie the price of boys hotels food and drink, and of course the off price and tip
Phuket is more Exp, drinks are about the same has Boys town Pataya, not has many boys has you will find in pataya and the boys are proberly cheaper in Pataya, some nice Bars in phuket properly attracts the more younger gay guy,and Pataya seems to attract the more older Gay guy,although i always enjoy Phucket i think i personally prefer Pataya,hotels start at about 1600 Upwards depending on when you are planning on going ,high season the gay hotels rae more expencive.

Brad the Impala
December 24th, 2008, 00:02

If cost is the determining factor, then you should stick to Pattaya.

December 24th, 2008, 01:13
From my initial impressions of Phuket:

I'm paying about 900 bht for a nice room in Phuket.
2 drinks & an off fee came to 600 bht, which compares well with Pattaya.
Having read that 1000 bht tips are the norm in Phuket, I had a fairly average session with a guy from Tangmo & offered him 1000 bht as a tip. This was met with a smile & a wai. He suggested we go for a drink afterwards, during which he asked me to go back to Tangmo & see him again.
So costs can be not much more than Pattaya.

Clearly Pattaya has a better choice of gogo bars, shops etc due to the scale of the place. It may cost you less to get to Pattaya, if you can avoid the connecting flight. My one way flight from Utapao cost just over 2200 bht, which suits most farang budgets (the only Thai passengers on board seemed to be wives/girlfriends/bargirls & a moneyboy).

A sunlounger on Phuket beach costs twice as much as a deckchair in Pattaya, but is worth the extra 50 baht as the beach & the water are both vastly superior. The gay scene in Phuket is clearly smaller, as you can judge from a site like "Spicemag.net".

For choice of gogo bars, it has to be Pattaya. If you have other priorities, maybe Phuket.

December 29th, 2008, 17:20
Having just tried Phuket & Pattaya -if your main concern is a choice of gogo bars for the primary purpose of "offing" boys, it has to be Pattaya, no question.