PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation Reviews BKK, Pattaya & Phuket

December 23rd, 2008, 18:05
Om Yim BKK
Good value, rooms at rear are very quiet. Everything works. Good WiFi signal, but almost unuseable in early evenings due to slow speed, so lack of capacity I believe (or some unsociable **** using bit torrent).
Convenient location next to BTS station, but a short walk to the gay bars.

Two Guys Pattaya
Good value. Was assigned a room in the adjacent building which was at the rear & very quiet. Moved to a room at the front in the main block after 2 nights. Larger room with better facilities. A little noisy due to passing motorcycles at all times of the night. Good WiFi at all times. Good food, very friendly management & staff. Convenient for Sunee Plaza.

Sundowners Paradise Complex Patong Beach, Pkuket
Good value budget accommodation, but with just a little bit more style. Rooms at front directly overlook the gogo bars, so good for "sightseeing", but are quite loud until the clubs close, due to music. Very quiet thereafter, due to no passing road traffic and DOUBLE GLAZING -a big plus point, which should be copied elsewhere. WiFi signal only works in parts of my room, but I can cope with this.
Simply glorious display of guys in black underwear outside BB Boy last night, but sadly I lacked the energy to make it across the road due to some dubious Thai food consumed in Pattaya the day before.

searcher
December 23rd, 2008, 19:03
I guess "Sundowners" has just opened. Could you please report about rates, mailadr. etc.?

December 23rd, 2008, 19:22
I'm paying about 900 a night.
www.sundownersinparadise.com (http://www.sundownersinparadise.com)

Judging by the reaction of the locals when I was asking directions, the name is a mouthful for Thais.

The internet signal is much stronger in the currently deserted first floor bar.

pong
December 24th, 2008, 11:17
general comment re internet use here in BKK; about ANYwhere the ystems-whatever type- slows down a lot at about 15/16.00-when schools get out and the game-plays start-and even more after 19/20.00-when everyone starts chatting and look for new friends at the meeting-sites. I always get up early ayway-mornings are by far the best. Some claimed it had to do with the Americans waking up by that time-but i think thats too long ago and too far away