PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate French man ?

December 19th, 2008, 17:28
Friday 19th December 2008
Frenchman badly hurt in Sunee Plaza attack by three Thai Men.

Just after 2.30 on Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to investigate a serious assault on a French National. Mr. Damien Latoure aged 35 sustained multiple knife wounds to his head and other injuries consistent with a fist fight. He was in a serious condition and was unable to tell Police what happened. Witnesses explained that the incident occurred inside Soi Sunee Plaza, which is full of Boy Bars. The man was seen to walk alone and was approached by three Thai Men who set-upon the man and then left the scene. Police are now determining the motive behind the attack which remains a mystery at this time.

(Source: Pattayaone.net 19-12-2008)

December 19th, 2008, 17:32
What do you want bet that he was asking for it?

December 19th, 2008, 19:11
Times are tough and the boys are getting desperate. At 2:30am one should not be walking alone in any area of pattaya. Its a shame because a couple of years ago I never felt worried about being out alone.

allieb
December 19th, 2008, 21:25

Anyone wandering around Sunee at that time of night alone is asking for it

dab69
December 19th, 2008, 21:51

maybe he was acting like a jerk on a message board...

December 19th, 2008, 21:58

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

catawampuscat
December 19th, 2008, 23:20
maybe he was on his way home to his hotel, The Dom Plaza located in Sunee Plaza..
what is the difference? maybe he was buying drugs, maybe he was looking for babies,
maybe he just was out late and walking... If he was raped, I think some of us would
say he asked for it too.. After all, he is French.. The logic of all this escapes me and
maybe it is time for all of us to think for a moment before posting such crap.,
:cat:

December 20th, 2008, 02:20
Another possibilty is that he tried to cheat someone out of his tips. Boys react to cheap farangs.

December 20th, 2008, 06:51
maybe he was on his way home to his hotel, The Dom Plaza located in Sunee Plaza..
what is the difference? maybe he was buying drugs, maybe he was looking for babies,
maybe he just was out late and walking... If he was raped, I think some of us would
say he asked for it too.. After all, he is French.. The logic of all this escapes me and

What crap? Chao Na's posts or my OP?

December 20th, 2008, 09:38
[quote="Chao Na":3q5qk47j]What do you want bet that he was asking for it?Anyone wandering around Sunee at that time of night alone is asking for itDing ding ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner![/quote:3q5qk47j]I guess Chao Na's point is that Thailand is now a very dangerous place and we're asking to get beaten up just by going there so we should stay away?

December 20th, 2008, 09:46
[quote="Chao Na":2jigxmj0]What do you want bet that he was asking for it?Anyone wandering around Sunee at that time of night alone is asking for itDing ding ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!I guess Chao Na's point is that Thailand is now a very dangerous place and we're asking to get beaten up just by going there so we should stay away?[/quote:2jigxmj0]

Buzzz! We have a loser (as usual).

My point is that there is probably something more to the story when someone is lurking around alone in the seediest plaza in the seediest city in the entire Kingdom of Thailand, in the middle of the night.

December 20th, 2008, 09:49
My point is that there is probably something more to the story when someone is lurking around alone in the seediest plaza in the seediest city in the entire Kingdom of Thailand, in the middle of the night.Don't you mean "in the seedy Kingdom of Thailand"? By the way I've never thought pink looked a man's color.

December 20th, 2008, 09:53
My point is that there is probably something more to the story when someone is lurking around alone in the seediest plaza in the seediest city in the entire Kingdom of Thailand, in the middle of the night.Don't you mean "in the seedy Kingdom of Thailand"? By the way I've never thought pink looked a man's color.

You know what I meant. And what does pink have to do with anything?

blazer
December 20th, 2008, 10:19

Just after 2.30 on Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to investigate a serious assault on a French National. Mr. Damien Latoure aged 35 sustained multiple knife wounds to his head and other injuries consistent with a fist fight. He was in a serious condition and was unable to tell Police what happened. Witnesses explained that the incident occurred inside Soi Sunee Plaza, which is full of Boy Bars. The man was seen to walk alone and was approached by three Thai Men who set-upon the man and then left the scene. Police are now determining the motive behind the attack which remains a mystery at this time.

There is really no excuse for an attack. It should not matter what he was doing. And there is nothing that should provoke an attack just because it is 2:30AM. What is needed is a crackdown in that area.

December 20th, 2008, 10:21
A crackdown! Oh, goody! Yes, the area should once again be made safe for pedophiles!

December 20th, 2008, 10:55
My point is that there is probably something more to the story when someone is lurking around alone in the seediest plaza in the seediest city in the entire Kingdom of Thailand, in the middle of the night.

But he was in Pattaya, not Bangkok where they offer children on glossy card menus in the streets of silom and sukhumvit in broad daylight.

December 20th, 2008, 11:05
What kind of drugs are you on?

December 20th, 2008, 11:31

CC,

I totally agree - but I think the term you are after is unadulterated crap!

allieb
December 20th, 2008, 11:55

Curious I don't read into this as Thailand is a seedy kingdom. What I do understand from it from my own visits to sunee plaza is that it's a very dangerous place late at night. At 2.30 AM when most of the best boys have been taken away by what the Thais see as very rich farang, and the place is becomong a litlte deserted. Left behind are some desperate boys who haven't had a customer for a while and have no way to put food on the table.

Anybody who is hanging around or passing through at that hour should exercise caution and if possible stick with some other people. Refuse any unwanted advances in a nice way by giving the price of a bowl of food and look upon it as a passing through toll.

Every city in the world has its dangerous places and in my opinion Sunnee is Pattaya's if not Thailands worst. Like many gays I have been attracted to such areas and gone knowing my chances of having a problem. Thats what most of us are like. Seek and you will find , but perhaps not what you wanted, We don't know why this man was beaten up but we do know he was in an area noted for it, and my bet is he also knew.

latintopxxx
December 20th, 2008, 12:59
Bit sad, guess incidents like this can happen anywhere, I've often wandered down seedy/unlit roads in Bangkok and Pattaya and have never had a problem; I can only assume that he seriously pissed someone off; in my experience (limited!!) it take a lot of aggravation to drive a Thai to violence.

December 20th, 2008, 13:04
Have a look how some Falangs treating the boys sometime at the bars and on the streets. Touching them everywhere and not even give them a tip.
Some of them take them to the rest room and getting a special service and afterwards they not willing to pay the boy and feeling save because they are in the bar. Some boys are steeling, some are begging but never ever I saw a Thai who attack a n Falang with no reason.
Many Farangs losing the view for the reality and think they can use the Thais as much and respect less as they want. I wonder why not much more Falangs getting attacked sometimes тАУ many of the deserve it. Sorry to say but we Falangs are not the heroтАЩs in this country.

December 20th, 2008, 13:27

There is really no excuse for an attack. It should not matter what he was doing. And there is nothing that should provoke an attack just because it is 2:30AM. What is needed is a crackdown in that area.

There are regular crack downs in that area, but maybe not at the right time and certainly not at the right places.
I remember, that when Don Plaza opened it's doors, the management tried to let the entrepreneurs join together and make Sunnee Plaza a safe place. More light and more security was asked for, but in one way or the other, the local police didn't see any good in the idea. Probably it wouldn't bring enough cash for the local government.
On a few occasions, I dared to ride through Sunnee Plaza after closing hours; I didn't dare to stop and just hoped that nothing would crossed my path; a very dark and scary place to be.

TrongpaiExpat
December 20th, 2008, 13:51

But he was in Pattaya, not Bangkok where they offer children on glossy card menus in the streets of silom and sukhumvit in broad daylight.

Take a closer look. Those glossy picture card are adds for soapy massage and adult straight venues.

dab69
December 20th, 2008, 15:34
Bit sad, guess incidents like this can happen anywhere, I've often wandered down seedy/unlit roads in Bangkok and Pattaya and have never had a problem; I can only assume that he seriously pissed someone off; in my experience (limited!!) it take a lot of aggravation to drive a Thai to violence.

tip them 50bt after an off

December 20th, 2008, 15:43
I was once writing Rubbish in the Internet shop in Soi VC when one Big hell of a racket started out side, the owner locked us all in and said if he ran for cover here, they would may be smash us and the shop up.
After I hear he promised to pay a boy 800 Baht and then only paid 200 he was never seen again and looked dead to me, as two motorbike taxis, sat him in the middle of them, on one motorbike to hospital.

I also hear the Boy who was angry, was a very quiet nice guy until he is crossed. So be warned. its a jungle out there in any country.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 20th, 2008, 15:52

how does one "ask for it "?

this isn't unique to the "seediest town in Thailand"..Sydney, London, New York,Paris..people are being mugged beaten and robbed on a daily basis by young people

allieb
December 20th, 2008, 18:42
[quote="Chao Na":388r6qtk]What do you want bet that he was asking for it?

how does one "ask for it "?

this isn't unique to the "seediest town in Thailand"..Sydney, London, New York,Paris..people are being mugged beaten and robbed on a daily basis by young people[/quote:388r6qtk]

Prostitution drugs and criminals usually go hand in hand in all the places you have just mentioned. You have a higher chance of being mugged or just plain beaten up in any red light district around the world if you piss someone off. Same in Thailand and you have a bigger chance of getting into trouble in Sunne Plaza than outside Tesco , Big C or Central.

How do you ask for it ? By gong there in the first place at that time alone. Most of us are street wise and know how to defuse a situation however there are some who don't know or don't care because they think they are tough.

I don't know why this man was set upon but points against him are

A Sunnee Plaza
B 2.30 in the morning
C Being alone at that time of the morning

I thing regardless of what really did happen the above 3 points = asking for it. And Catawampusscat I think its good to bring all this on the board to make everone reailze that the same could happen to any of us.

gumblebee
December 21st, 2008, 02:39
From what I understand an ambulance entered Sunee Plaza more like around 1h15 or something, so I guess the attack must have happened around 1h00, not at 2h30, that's when the police went to the hospital.

dab69
December 21st, 2008, 03:22
have to look at the bright side
could have been lots worse

He could have been stuck with Chao Na for the night

December 21st, 2008, 04:16

What does time matters ? If i can't sleep i go walk 1 or 2 hour in the night . Sunnee or where ever . I met some nice people during my outs at night and i never had any problem in Thailand.

December 21st, 2008, 04:20
have to look at the bright side
could have been lots worse

He could have been stuck with Chao Na for the night

Or just five minutes would have been enough :cheers:

Jetsam
December 21st, 2008, 04:29
I must say that I not felt very comfortable wandering the streets in
Sunee after bar closure time, but I think I opt for 3 nights there instead of one hour with Chao Nao , he scares me

December 21st, 2008, 06:30
So none of you know what happened...
Best Shut up then?
G

allieb
December 21st, 2008, 13:19
So none of you know what happened...
Best Shut up then?
G

No we shouldn't shut up Someone was beaten up in a place many posters frequent. It is good to let everyone know.

1PR4BKK
December 21st, 2008, 20:44

What does time matters ? If i can't sleep i go walk 1 or 2 hour in the night . Sunnee or where ever . I met some nice people during my outs at night and i never had any problem in Thailand.

Within the first few days of my arrival in Thailand I am usually jetlag and my body clock is out of whack. So when I could sleep in the middle of the night I would take a walk outside to see the busy night markets, stroll along Beach Road and even walk around my neighborhood. I do not believe I am asking for anything bad to happen to me. In fact, I have always felt safer walking late night alone in Pattaya than in Bangkok. Of course, I do not carry large sums of money or wear jewelry when walking alone. However, I have also met some really cool people (gay and straight) and seen some interesting sights. What I have also seen are drunken farangs acting obnoxious and treating Thai people like trash. We really do not know the complete circumstances related to this French guy getting attacked. He could have been a drunken jerk that quickly sobered up after a good licking and then cried foul.

With the economy in a slump, tourism down, jobs scares, political issues unresolved and not a lot of farangs offing the bar guys makes Thailand (especially Pattaya) an atmosphere of desperation. "Desperate time calls for desperate measures!" Understanding these fact and hearing about attacks, such as on the French guy, will make me think twice about my late night walks during my first few days back in Thailand. It is sad that I must rethink my little tradition because I really do enjoy exploring the late night adventures in Pattaya.

December 21st, 2008, 22:31
We really do not know the complete circumstances related to this French guy getting attacked. He could have been a drunken jerk that quickly sobered up after a good licking and then cried foul.

"We" really don't know any of the circumstances. He could have been coming home from visiting his mother who had just died in hospital after a tragically long and painful illness; he could have been sleep-walking; he could have just robbed a bank; he could have been beamed back in the wrong place from an alien abduction. We really don't know - but, of course, that has never really mattered before, so why should it matter now?

December 22nd, 2008, 04:57
Was a little bit on tour tonight in Sunee Plaza - just came home and nobody hit me in the darkest area but now I know who was the French Guy. It is the brother of the bar owner "Come in" The people who involved in this case are they we are not allowed to discus on this forum or it will be locked. So hope insider understand the messege. Rumore from different sides.
An other Falang get attcked tonight during the business hours at the bar with all the plastic chairs on the street (betwen the 2 streets - oposite Wan's Place) They came punched him to the ground but he defensed himself and make the Thais run away when he start boxing against them. One bigger guy - maybe a Farang were involved with the attacking and helped the Thai guys. The whole Sunee public watched the incident and did nothing. So dosn't matter when they get you - you will be always alone.
The police arrived when nobody there anymore as usual.

So - be fair and nice to the Thai guys. Good Morning from Thailand

lo-so
December 22nd, 2008, 06:35
Just drink in Sky Bar at that time and you should be ok. I was of the mind that that the chap that helped me back to my room from there was looking for business - unfortunately it most certainly not the case; it was more about making sure that I got back reasonably safe.

Madam Tik of Banana bar in Soi Twilight does the same thing and ushers some boy staff to move me along - clearly I am a danger to all and have to be helped- I await Lunchtime O'Booze to eventually assist. However I might be waiting a long time?

In vino veritas.

December 22nd, 2008, 07:39
Was a little bit on tour tonight in Sunee Plaza - just came home and nobody hit me in the darkest area but now I know who was the French Guy. It is the brother of the bar owner "Come in" The people who involved in this case are they we are not allowed to discus on this forum or it will be locked. So hope insider understand the messege. Rumore from different sides.
An other Falang get attcked tonight during the business hours at the bar with all the plastic chairs on the street (betwen the 2 streets - oposite Wan's Place) They came punched him to the ground but he defensed himself and make the Thais run away when he start boxing against them. One bigger guy - maybe a Farang were involved with the attacking and helped the Thai guys. The whole Sunee public watched the incident and did nothing. So dosn't matter when they get you - you will be always alone.
The police arrived when nobody there anymore as usual.

So - be fair and nice to the Thai guys. Good Morning from Thailand

Ah ha. So there is more to the story (as expected).