View Full Version : Australian arrested at Suvarnabhumi for drug smuggling

Beachlover
December 18th, 2008, 06:19
12 packs of heroin weighing 3kg... this guy is a gonner and his mate is in for an extremely stressful time on the run.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/austra ... 15984.html (http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/australian-charged-after-bangkok-drugs-bust/2008/12/18/1229189715984.html)

Australian charged after Bangkok airport drugs bust

An Australian man has been charged and his friend is believed to be on the run after a drug bust at Bangkok airport.

Andrew Hoods, 36, was arrested at Suvarnabhumi international airport's departure hall on Wednesday afternoon allegedly with 12 packs of heroin strapped to his body, Thai officials said.

He was charged with drug smuggling by Thai Customs.

Thai police said another Australian, believed to be a friend, managed to escape.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) on Thursday confirmed a 36-year-old man from NSW had been arrested in Bangkok on drug charges.

"Consular staff at the Australian embassy in Bangkok have spoken to the man and are providing him consular assistance," a DFAT spokesman told AAP.

Consular staff are also in contact with the man's family, he said.

The packs weighed three kilograms in total, and were estimated to have a street value of about 12 million baht ($494,000), according to Thai officials.

Thailand toughened its drug laws in 2002, but remains a transit point for narcotics produced in neighbouring Burma, the world's second largest opium producer and a major methamphetamine hub.

Drug trafficking in Thailand carries the death penalty.

AAP and AFP

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 07:08
What has this got to do with Gay Thailand?

December 18th, 2008, 07:09
Doesn't have anything to do with "gay Thailand", and doesn't have to. This section is for everything about Thailand.

December 18th, 2008, 07:14
What has this got to do with Gay Thailand?For someone who has posted twice about a bug in Internet Explorer that impacts almost every Windows PC worldwide this week in the Gay Thailand forum "because some of our members are in Thailand" that's a very strange comment from lonelywombat.

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 07:16
What has this got to do with Gay Thailand?

For someone who has posted twice about a bug in Internet Explorer that impacts almost every Windows PC worldwide this week in the Gay Thailand forum "because some of our members are in Thailand" that's a very strange comment from lonelywombat.

All I did was to cut and paste the response he made to the "IE" thread . If the caps fits he should wear it

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 07:16
duplicated

December 18th, 2008, 07:29
All I did was to cut and paste the response he made to the "IE" thread . If the caps fits he should wear itOK, I give up, what point are you trying to make? That Beachlover should not be posting a story about your fellow countryman being arrested in Thailand in this Forum? Chao Na has already said this is about everything in Thailand not the excuses you make for posting irrelevant topics in the thailand forum. Some of our members living in Thailand have diabetes or have other health problems but that isn't a reason for posting general health advice in the Thailand forum either. Someone arrested in Thailand should be reported in the Thailand forum. Your reasoning suggests that old saying "common sense is far from common".

Beachlover
December 18th, 2008, 09:51
All I did was to cut and paste the response he made to the "IE" thread . If the caps fits he should wear itOK, I give up, what point are you trying to make? That Beachlover should not be posting a story about your fellow countryman being arrested in Thailand in this Forum? Chao Na has already said this is about everything in Thailand not the excuses you make for posting irrelevant topics in the thailand forum. Some of our members living in Thailand have diabetes or have other health problems but that isn't a reason for posting general health advice in the Thailand forum either. Someone arrested in Thailand should be reported in the Thailand forum. Your reasoning suggests that old saying "common sense is far from common".

Thanks Curious.

Yes, this forum is about "All things Thai".

Linking IE to Thailand is a bit of a long shot.

Wow... 9/10 posts here are bitching...

90% bitching

5% helpful/relevant posts

4.75% helpful/relevant replies

0.25% high quality posts from Bao Bao or Dodger

I predict a helpful/relevant comment will occur only after 9 bitching comments are made. We're up to 7... so only 2 more

:drunken:

December 18th, 2008, 10:40
Ummmmmmmm

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 18th, 2008, 15:42
"I predict a helpful/relevant comment will occur only after 9 bitching comments are made. We're up to 7... so only 2 more "

no..just more bitching ..Homintern is just a fat old bald cunt..was the alleged smuggler gay ?

December 18th, 2008, 15:54
How does one make a helpful comment about a drug smuggler? He seems to have taken a high risk and taken a fall. Is suppose this will be classed as a negative post. Why is the most negative board in the Gay Thailand space the most popular?

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 16:09
Ummmmmmmm

Can I suggest a poll on what your subject line is all about

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 16:09
Ummmmmmmm

Brad the Impala
December 18th, 2008, 16:37
How does one make a helpful comment about a drug smuggler? He seems to have taken a high risk and taken a fall. Is suppose this will be classed as a negative post. Why is the most negative board in the Gay Thailand space the most popular?

Most negative? Or most disputatious?

I think that the fact that you generally can't get away here with posting pointless platitudes over any period of time, before someone points out that the Emperor has no clothes, makes for a more vibrant and stimulating forum. Misinformation is not allowed to stand unchallenged.

December 18th, 2008, 17:10
Ummmmmmmm

Can I suggest we lose the uneducated moron in a black hole somewhere..."Another Austlaian".......LOL!
BONAFIDE MORON HE IS.

December 18th, 2008, 17:20
If the man is a drug smuggler he deserves all he gets. Death penalty is fine by me.

December 18th, 2008, 17:23
If the man is a drug smuggler he deserves all he gets. Death penalty is fine by me.I go further than that. I believe that everyone convicted of any criminal offence should be executed. Think of the money we could save.

December 18th, 2008, 17:31
If the man is a drug smuggler he deserves all he gets. Death penalty is fine by me.I go further than that. I believe that everyone convicted of any criminal offence should be executed. Think of the money we could save.

hmmmmmmmm..........that's a hard call. Drink/driving-hanging offence? Assualting a Patpong tout-hanging offence? Lese Majesty- hanging offence???

Beachlover
December 18th, 2008, 19:17
The issue with the death penalty is it is irreversible... and courts have gotten it wrong before.

No foreigner has been executed for many years in Thailand... but many are on death row.

There are several Australians, all in their teens or 20s on death row in Bali for attempting a similiar stunt. They're yet to be executed... it's quite sad they are young (some were only 18/19) but really, they were doing an incredibly stupid and destructive thing. You have to wonder if there was any thought process behind it. It's hard to know whether to sympathise or have no sympathy for such stupid people.

As for Andrew in Bangkok... you just have to wonder what drives someone to try something like that. And whether they have any conscience about the damage they do.

December 18th, 2008, 21:43

December 18th, 2008, 21:47
Alleged drug smuggler, right? I mean, we don't allow ourselves to tar and feather anyone here before they've had their day in court. But wait...the Thai courts are so corrupt that a conviction means nothing.

kittyboy
December 18th, 2008, 22:34
Economist often model human behavior as a risk return analysis. They view decision making as a set of rationale choices - If I smuggle heroin I have a low probability of getting caught... If I get get caught it won't be that bad... etc...

So the person decides to take the risk. It really is a terrible model as people are not very good at evaluating risk and returns.

IMHO - It seems the height of folly to risk smuggling drugs in thailand where the penalties are so harsh...

But hey people do stupid things.

IMHO - people should be forgiven for being stupid and not condemed for being caught.

Khor tose
December 19th, 2008, 00:52

Hey Stoner....is this the start of your 20th nervous breakdown?

December 19th, 2008, 03:18
Alleged drug smuggler, right? I mean, we don't allow ourselves to tar and feather anyone here before they've had their day in court. But wait...the Thai courts are so corrupt that a conviction means nothing.

Chow Mine - a word of advice: Crap doesn't become any less crap by repetition.

:bounce:

December 19th, 2008, 04:26
Alleged drug smuggler, right? I mean, we don't allow ourselves to tar and feather anyone here before they've had their day in court. But wait...the Thai courts are so corrupt that a conviction means nothing.Right on Chao Na. Our courts got it wrong when they acquitted OJ, right? That's what you said in another thread now deleted. So Thai courts are much more reliable than our own American courts is what you're saying?

As for aussieal maybe he can give us a list of crimes that he thinks should have the death penalty. My plan is simple. Execute the lot. His plan sounds too complicated.

December 19th, 2008, 04:49

Hey Stoner....is this the start of your 20th nervous breakdown?

Hey, hey, you,you, get offa my cloud ...

December 19th, 2008, 06:58
Alleged drug smuggler, right? I mean, we don't allow ourselves to tar and feather anyone here before they've had their day in court. But wait...the Thai courts are so corrupt that a conviction means nothing.Right on Chao Na. Our courts got it wrong when they acquitted OJ, right? That's what you said in another thread now deleted. So Thai courts are much more reliable than our own American courts is what you're saying?

1) find a dictionary;
2) look up the word "sarcasm";
3) go back into the hole you crawled out of.

December 19th, 2008, 07:25
[quote="Chao Na":1pbo504x]Alleged drug smuggler, right? I mean, we don't allow ourselves to tar and feather anyone here before they've had their day in court. But wait...the Thai courts are so corrupt that a conviction means nothing.Right on Chao Na. Our courts got it wrong when they acquitted OJ, right? That's what you said in another thread now deleted. So Thai courts are much more reliable than our own American courts is what you're saying?
1) find a dictionary;
2) look up the word "sarcasm";
3) go back into the hole you crawled out of.[/quote:1pbo504x]Oh, OK. So you believe that OJ was innocent of that murder after all. Because when you said about someone else "I guess he thinks OJ was innocent too" I thought you really meant it. Just so it's really, really clear, you believe that OJ was innocent and our court system got it right?

December 19th, 2008, 07:30
No, fuckwit. How dense can you possibly be? I have no faith in the courts whatsoever. I have more faith in my own judgment, which is why I have no problem condemning those pedos who were arrested as the PEDOS they are, without having to await the court's say -- like some other morons here suggested. Get it now, Einstein?

December 19th, 2008, 10:23
No, fuckwit. How dense can you possibly be? I have no faith in the courts whatsoever. I have more faith in my own judgment, which is why I have no problem condemning those pedos who were arrested as the PEDOS they are, without having to await the court's say -- like some other morons here suggested. Get it now, Einstein?Oh OK so you really are the total egotist others say you are? In that case why are you making sarcastic comments about everyone's "prejudices" about the Thai court system since you don't believe in it yourself?

December 19th, 2008, 16:39
No, fuckwit. How dense can you possibly be? I have no faith in the courts whatsoever. I have more faith in my own judgment, which is why I have no problem condemning those pedos who were arrested as the PEDOS they are, without having to await the court's say -- like some other morons here suggested. Get it now, Einstein?Oh OK so you really are the total egotist others say you are? In that case why are you making sarcastic comments about everyone's "prejudices" about the Thai court system since you don't believe in it yourself?

Sheesh, do I have to draw you a diagram in crayon?

Others here have said we shouldn't condemn people until the court has its say. Many of those same people then go on to say that even if the court renders a guilty verdict, we still can't condemn those persons because the court can't be relied upon to rule justly. In other words, no one ever arrested in Thailand can ever be condemned. Although, in reality, they only reserve such judgment when it comes to sex criminals (like themselves, most likely).

On the other hand, I've said all along that I don't give a crap what the court says, and that I BELIEVE that these people are guilty of the crimes of which they are accused.

Is it clear now? Maybe I can explain it again using sock puppets if it's too difficult for you to understand.

December 19th, 2008, 22:28
[quote="Chao Na":2bva72zf]No, fuckwit. How dense can you possibly be? I have no faith in the courts whatsoever. I have more faith in my own judgment, which is why I have no problem condemning those pedos who were arrested as the PEDOS they are, without having to await the court's say -- like some other morons here suggested. Get it now, Einstein?Oh OK so you really are the total egotist others say you are? In that case why are you making sarcastic comments about everyone's "prejudices" about the Thai court system since you don't believe in it yourself?

Sheesh, do I have to draw you a diagram in crayon?

Others here have said we shouldn't condemn people until the court has its say. Many of those same people then go on to say that even if the court renders a guilty verdict, we still can't condemn those persons because the court can't be relied upon to rule justly. In other words, no one ever arrested in Thailand can ever be condemned. Although, in reality, they only reserve such judgment when it comes to sex criminals (like themselves, most likely).

On the other hand, I've said all along that I don't give a crap what the court says, and that I BELIEVE that these people are guilty of the crimes of which they are accused.

Is it clear now? Maybe I can explain it again using sock puppets if it's too difficult for you to understand.[/quote:2bva72zf]

Chow Mine - Yes it's abundantly clear - you know better than the police, the judges and anybody else who might render a professional judgement as opposed to your National Enquirer/The Sun approach to crime detection.

YOU are detective, judge, and jury - and no matter what anybody else says, YOU are always right. That's what you're saying isn't it?

Funnily enough, your defence of the integrity of the Thai Courts does not seem to extend to the verdict delivered some years ago on your latest hero - Mr Andrew Drummond. May I remind you as you sing his praises from the rooftops in your posts, that your idol stands convicted by a Thai Court?

Funny how you never mention that.

:bounce:

December 19th, 2008, 22:39
When have I ever defended the integrity of the Thai courts, you total schmuck? The Thai courts are WORTHLESS.

"Professional"? The Thai police and courts? Don't make me fucking laugh you miserable piece of Scottish shite. Of COURSE I trust my judgment more than I would blindly trust anything the Thai police or courts say. What kind of haggis-eating moron are you?

December 19th, 2008, 22:41
No, fuckwit. How dense can you possibly be? I have no faith in the courts whatsoever. I have more faith in my own judgment, which is why I have no problem condemning those pedos who were arrested as the PEDOS they are, without having to await the court's say -- like some other morons here suggested. Get it now, Einstein?

Chow Mine - have you ever considered a psychiatric assessment?

Now I'm just an enthusiastic amateur but I would say you have a severe problem - a SUPERIORITY COMPLEX to be specific.

What exactly (apart from your enormous ego) qualifies you to declare that no matter what anybody else says, YOU are right?

I think we should be told.

:cheers: :cheers:

December 19th, 2008, 22:45
I said what I BELIEVE. I'm not denying you your (admittedly stupid) opinion. Are you denying me mine?

And since my opinion has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the fate of those arrested, what difference could it possibly matter to you, or to them, or to anyone else, what my opinion is? Why do you feel a need to try to control the OPINIONS OF OTHERS? Go back to fucking Scotland, jocko moron.

December 20th, 2008, 02:20
On the other hand, I've said all along that I don't give a crap what the court says, and that I BELIEVE that these people are guilty of the crimes of which they are accused.Based on what you read in the newspapers? Do you believe everything you read in the newspapers or is that selective too? And that also means you know better than the American court that acquitted OJ?

December 20th, 2008, 02:22
I said what I BELIEVE. I'm not denying you your (admittedly stupid) opinion. Are you denying me mine?

And since my opinion has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the fate of those arrested, what difference could it possibly matter to you, or to them, or to anyone else, what my opinion is? Why do you feel a need to try to control the OPINIONS OF OTHERS? Go back to fucking Scotland, jocko moron.

Chow Mine - every time you post your increasingly abusive (and now racist) comments you prove my point about your psychological state.

Did your mother never tell you that people only swear when they don't have the ability to express themselves in reasoned language?

And if you really feel that your opinions are of no value - why do you continue to subject us to them?

The fact of the matter is that I wipe the floor with you every time and you don't like it.

Merry Xmas.

:cheers:

December 20th, 2008, 02:28
When have I ever defended the integrity of the Thai courts, you total schmuck? The Thai courts are WORTHLESS.

"Professional"? The Thai police and courts? Don't make me fucking laugh you miserable piece of Scottish shite. Of COURSE I trust my judgment more than I would blindly trust anything the Thai police or courts say. What kind of haggis-eating moron are you?

Yet another tirade by this mentally unstable individual.

You should put "fruitcake" in your Gay Romeo profile - the current content is pretty boring and understated.

:cheers:

December 20th, 2008, 02:34
You should put "fruitcake" in your Gay Romeo profileDoesn't homintern have the copyright on that?

December 20th, 2008, 02:44
You should put "fruitcake" in your Gay Romeo profileDoesn't homintern have the copyright on that?

That was before Chow Mine flipped his lid completely.

Beachlover
December 21st, 2008, 18:37
ROFL.... 3 pages.

This must be up there in the top 10 records for bitching... even on this board.

dab69
December 22nd, 2008, 05:38
sentence him to LIFE
listening to CHao Na

"he was asking for it..."

HAHHAHahhahahahhahahahhaha

Beachlover
October 7th, 2009, 06:36
An update...

The guy's been jailed with a life sentence. Though it's likely he will serve a number of years (hopefully more than less) before being transferred to an Aussie prison to serve a few more years.

Great... So the Thais can pay to feed and house him instead of Australian funds going to his welfare.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 09,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25886849-23109,00.html)

October 7th, 2009, 07:06
Who gives a shit

October 8th, 2009, 00:10
Not that it matters to you, but I do actually - these events are ofen reported initially, but very seldom is there any "closing" information on them. BL, VMT.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2009, 05:36
True... with these stories the legal/court process (even in Western Countries) takes a long time.

Usually don't comment on trolls but can't resist saying... does anyone else imagine Andyinoz as the dopey guy in this picture? http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ?site=news (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/12/19/2451552.htm?site=news) Hahaha

lonelywombat
October 8th, 2009, 07:22
True... with these stories the legal/court process (even in Western Countries) takes a long time.

Usually don't comment on trolls but can't resist saying... does anyone else imagine Andyinoz as the dopey guy in this picture? http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ?site=news (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/12/19/2451552.htm?site=news) Hahaha

A lot of people have him as a grosslyoverweight middleaged former member of this forum, now with a bald head but previously with rats tails hanging over his collar. Last seen in Jomtien Comples drinking mainly at Montys and getting thrown out of the Venue, in july
Bottumsup made a refence to him in a recent post regarding his inheritance.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2009, 17:51
Imagining that makes me feel sorry for the bar boys there... *shudders*

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 10th, 2009, 17:54
in Thailand.

catawampuscat
October 11th, 2009, 00:21

A lot of people have him as a grosslyoverweight middleaged former member of this forum, now with a bald head but previously with rats tails hanging over his collar. Last seen in Jomtien Comples drinking mainly at Montys and getting thrown out of the Venue, in july
Bottumsup made a refence to him in a recent post regarding his inheritance.

Some may not like andyinoz style but he stands heads and shoulders above badboybilly who holds a place in the hall of shame.. andyinoz is somewhat acerbic, but I have found him to be truthful and certainly not afraid to speak his mind without regard to what others think of him..

Without posters like andyinoz, this forum could turn into a snooze fest like some of the other
gaythailand forums..imho

Beachlover
October 11th, 2009, 18:43
I think Andyinoz and Beach Bunny are similiar... except the (big) difference is Andyinoz adds no value and is not witty at all in his responses... IMHO.

October 11th, 2009, 21:24
I think Andyinoz and Beach Bunny are similiar... except the (big) difference is Andyinoz adds no value and is not witty at all in his responses... IMHO.

I thought Copper Peel and BB were the same person at one point. I don't know how anyone can keep up with who's who including the members who post using different aliases. It's a bit like watching people with multiple personality disorders and dementia. (Not qualified to offer a professional diagnosis or prescribe medication.)

I gave up trying to figure out who's who. I miss Homi, never knew who LMTU was. LMTU was before my time but I'm guessing he was a shit disturber. But people still refer to this person like he/she was a legend of sorts in some alternate dimension.

October 11th, 2009, 22:18
I gave up trying to figure out who's who. I miss Homi, never knew who LMTU was. LMTU was before my time but I'm guessing he was a shit disturber. But people still refer to this person like he/she was a legend of sorts in some alternate dimension.

LMTU alias Bottoms Up as it is very unlikely that two different people in this world could misuse the English language as he does!

:hello1: