PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza Packed

foodforthought
December 17th, 2008, 02:01
Considering how quiet it is at most venue, I was amazed at the amount of customer inside the Krazy Dragon it was packed on Tues night.
It was a pleasure to see, it felt great to be in a place with so much atmosphere, lots of new boys to be seen and I also like the G-strings.
Thank you for a most enjoyable night, see you again soon.

colmx
December 17th, 2008, 04:21
I was also out and about the last 2 nights...
It would seem to me that the tourist crisis is affecting Pattayaland a lot more than Sunnee plaza

On both nights the beer and gogo bars in Sunnee were packed - whilst Pattayaland was like a ghost town...

This was also noticeable in X-ray - where the majority of non -thai customers were recognisable as sunnee boys...

catawampuscat
December 17th, 2008, 09:44
Last nite, I noticed a large stream of men entering Krazy Dragon. I thought it was a
raid for a moment and then realized it was simply a couple of dozen Asian men entering
as a group.. The group could have even been more as it was already flowing when I passed by.

I had considering stopping in Krazy Dragon but on seeing this huge group, I decided to
wait for another nite..
:cat:

MARK
December 17th, 2008, 10:08
Thanks for the support you guys out there yes its nice when the group's come in, but we really do value your support at the bar and will continue to do what is needed to make the Krazy a more enjoyable experience for you in the new year to come.

Mark. :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

December 17th, 2008, 12:23
Really no surprise here; I've been saying for some years that Boyz Town has become a tourist trap for first time gay visitors and straight people wanting to see gays: much as one wants to see monkeys at the zoo. Long time visitors and ex pats have been going to to Sunee rather than Boyz Town for some years now; even with the non stop slams about Sunee on this board and all the other boards. Now that there are almost no first time gay tourist and the straight tourist business is way off it is little wonder that Sunee is packed while overpriced and out of touch Boyz Town is empty.

December 17th, 2008, 18:52
even with the non stop slams about Sunee on this board and all the other boards.

Where do you think the Sunnee 'slams' originate from? ... those who are losing business?????????????

Wesley
December 17th, 2008, 21:18
even with the non stop slams about Sunee on this board and all the other boards.

Where do you think the Sunnee 'slams' originate from? ... those who are losing business?????????????

[b]Exactly, when I was in bpystown last, the BBB boy I was with was told not to take me to Sunee and discourage me from going. Its been a non-stop campaign against Sunee, I finally went to look for myself and it is nothing like what I was told for years.[b] In-fact is was quite refresing tpo see new a new venue.

December 17th, 2008, 22:53
Soi 10 Tom has it right. Last week I was at Oud's in Sunee 3 times and each time there was hardly an empty seat to be found. Reasonable prices for drinks and sandwiches. The hosts are attentive. I always have a good time there.

December 17th, 2008, 23:08
I don't think it is as simple as that. Looking at the main bars of Sunnee and the main ones in Boyztown, they really cater to different markets. In my case, for example, I find fewer than 5% of the guys in Sunnee bars attractive, but from the main Boyztown bars, I'd say that I'd be able to consider consider offing more than 50% of them. Over the years, I've off'd from A-bomb, Toy Boys, Funny Boys, Boys Boys Boys, the old Throb, etc, but in the same period, I don't think I off'ed more than 1 or 2 from any Sunnee bar. They're just not attractive to my eyes.

For simplicity's sake, let's call the 2 markets (a) medium to bigger boys, and (b) smaller to fem.

The Type(a) boys are offered by Soi Twilight (and Tawan), Boyztown in Pattaya and the booming massage businesses in the capital (think Hero, Albury, Aqua...)

The Type(b) are offered by Sunnee and (once upon a time) by the bars in Silom soi 6.

Boyztown's problem is that both its competitors have an advantage over it. The Soi Twilight bars can offer bold shows, but these are not possible in Pattaya. The massage parlours offer a better value-for-money proposition than gogo bars. The results show. Massage parlours are booming, Soi Twilight is stagnant, maybe in some difficulty now. Boyztown gets the shortest stick.

Another factor is the rise of Asian tourists who tend to make short, frequent trips to Thailand (3 times a year?) rather than annual trips of longer duration. When one has just a week in the country, it's not all that practical to add Pattaya to the itinerary. Asian tourists tend to prefer the Type(a) boys and they love the shows, and that's why Bangkok gets more of their spending than Pattaya.

Over the years, I've seen a reverse trend for the bars offering Type(b) boys. At one time, the Silom Soi 6 bars would have been the main area, with Sunnee as the secondary area, but clearly, Silom soi 6 is dead, and the tourists who prefer that type of boys are increasingly giving Bangkok a miss. To Sunnee's benefit.

Wesley
December 18th, 2008, 01:50
Soi 10 Tom has it right. Last week I was at Oud's in Sunee 3 times and each time there was hardly an empty seat to be found. Reasonable prices for drinks and sandwiches. The hosts are attentive. I always have a good time there.

I agree, I have never been treatd badly there, and had not had a Sloppy Joe in years, not to mention Oud and his friend are absolutly so kind and coversational. I felt right at home there.

Wes

Wesley
December 18th, 2008, 01:52
I don't think it is as simple as that. Looking at the main bars of Sunnee and the main ones in Boyztown, they really cater to different markets. In my case, for example, I find fewer than 5% of the guys in Sunnee bars attractive, but from the main Boyztown bars, I'd say that I'd be able to consider consider offing more than 50% of them. Over the years, I've off'd from A-bomb, Toy Boys, Funny Boys, Boys Boys Boys, the old Throb, etc, but in the same period, I don't think I off'ed more than 1 or 2 from any Sunnee bar. They're just not attractive to my eyes.

For simplicity's sake, let's call the 2 markets (a) medium to bigger boys, and (b) smaller to fem.

The Type(a) boys are offered by Soi Twilight (and Tawan), Boyztown in Pattaya and the booming massage businesses in the capital (think Hero, Albury, Aqua...)

The Type(b) are offered by Sunnee and (once upon a time) by the bars in Silom soi 6.

Boyztown's problem is that both its competitors have an advantage over it. The Soi Twilight bars can offer bold shows, but these are not possible in Pattaya. The massage parlours offer a better value-for-money proposition than gogo bars. The results show. Massage parlours are booming, Soi Twilight is stagnant, maybe in some difficulty now. Boyztown gets the shortest stick.

Another factor is the rise of Asian tourists who tend to make short, frequent trips to Thailand (3 times a year?) rather than annual trips of longer duration. When one has just a week in the country, it's not all that practical to add Pattaya to the itinerary. Asian tourists tend to prefer the Type(a) boys and they love the shows, and that's why Bangkok gets more of their spending than Pattaya.

Over the years, I've seen a reverse trend for the bars offering Type(b) boys. At one time, the Silom Soi 6 bars would have been the main area, with Sunnee as the secondary area, but clearly, Silom soi 6 is dead, and the tourists who prefer that type of boys are increasingly giving Bangkok a miss. To Sunnee's benefit.

I can't say your wrong, but at best its a guess as to why, I agree the more muscular guys are in the BBB area. however, I guess it depends on if you are versitile or a top or a bottom as to what you like in men. I fortunatly am Versitile so I can enjoy either. But my preference is top, but if they insist I will bottom for the right guy. If its just looks then certainly BBB has the market and can afford it or could. If its the sex, then I prefer guys who will bend a bit with my tastes in bed. Finding a bottom the last time I was at BBB was hard to do, I did better at the Xziyte bar finding a bottom with the stright guys LOL. But your logic is good. It may be nothing more than a fluke or it may actually be the economy. My trip there was 3000 UDS cheaper staying and playing in Sunnee this last trip. Usually I am an Ambiance guy, Thanks to Gerorge I gave Sunne a chance and found out that the junk I had been hearing for years was just that Junk. Alsdo I found Two guys guest house to be less elegant but much more persoanable

I also found Memories bar to be the most accomidating bar I have ever been in, I have never had owners to go so far out of their way to make my stay there and after as good as they did. if you Miss Oud's bar or Memories music Bar you have missed a true treat.

All the best

Wesley

Irish1972
December 18th, 2008, 02:59
I too would agree, that Sunee is not as bad as is portrayed here. I love the guys in Oud's and am made feel like a long lost relative on each and every visit. My first experience in Thailand was in BKK on the morning of my arrival walking between the Siam Heritage and an Irish Bar nearby (there was a Rugby Match, I had to go!) but anyhow, on the short trip I was offered everything from Women to Men to Child. Maybe it was because I looked like a first timer but I have never experienced that since not even in the dreaded Sunee!

I am not denying that it happens and in no way condone the actions of abuse of a minor but I still say it is not as bad as it is made out to be!

Happy Christmas all

December 18th, 2008, 04:43
Happy Boys and Jungle Boys should be getting ready for my return next week. Yippee!

December 18th, 2008, 06:41

I think that about 80% of the Farang's that go to Sunee on any given night are there to have a drink, some converstaion, and a little fun. Most are not there shopping for the boy of the night. A discussion of the type of beef available in a given area or bar, or the type of shows do not address the issue of why so many more guys prefer to to hang out and spend their money in Sunee and skip Boyz Town.

Wesley
December 18th, 2008, 06:58
I think you are right, its the conversation the feeling your at home and welcome in Krazy Dragon, Memories and Ouds not to mention twoguys guesthouse that really does do all they can to accomidate with what they have to work with

December 18th, 2008, 10:35
If you want to go out for a drink with a mate or BF why would pay 110bt. for a beer in panarama when you can pay 65bt. in the come in bar in Sunee

December 18th, 2008, 11:18
I think that about 80% of the Farang's that go to Sunee on any given night are there to have a drink, some converstaion, and a little fun. Most are not there shopping for the boy of the night. A discussion of the type of beef available in a given area or bar, or the type of shows do not address the issue of why so many more guys prefer to to hang out and spend their money in Sunee and skip Boyz Town.

I think you've made a very good point, and the failure (including mine) to distinguish the two very different types of customers confuses this analysis. So when one reports that "the bars are crowded", I think it is important to specify what kind of bars one is referring to - the gogo bars or the open-to-the-street bars.

Also, even if a gogo bar is not crowded, I think one must be careful not to conclude that business is poor, esp for the boys. Vice versa, even if there are more customers in a bar, it doesn't mean the boys are getting good business. If customers go to a gogo bar just to watch and drink, it works for the bar, but doesn't do the boys much good.

Boys Boys Boys last week didn't have an impressive crowd, but when I glanced at the mamasan's notepad on which she would cross out those boys who had been off'd, I noticed that more than half had been crossed out. Clearly the customers (more Asian than farang) were popping in, taking a quick look, making a quick decision to off or not to off, and if so, taking the boy away. They don't tarry for a second drink.

Another angle:

Farang customers tend to holiday in Pattaya much longer than Asian customers. Relaxing over a drink in a bar is part of Western culture in a way that is much less important to Asian culture - which is more food-oriented. Farangs are thus more sensitive to the price of drinks than Asian tourists. If an Asian finds the drinks expensive, he is more likely to say, heck, it's only for a few days, and it's worth the cost of getting the boys I like. For the farang, whose intent is to go back to the bar and sit there for conversation on many nights, the price must surely matter. That conversation thing also has its own network effect, in that people go where other (similar) people go, so once a bar gets established, it goes into a virtuous cycle. Once a bar loses favour, it goes into a vicious cycle.

To support my point that farangs "sit long long" at bars while Asian tourists are more see and go, and (maybe) take, you only have to look at Soi Twilight. The open-air bars like Dicks have farang customers. Gogo bars, esp during showtime, tend to see Asian customers outnumber farangs 10 to 1.

My point is: the dynamics are much more complex than a simple comparison of Boyztown and Sunnee, because many factors are at work. And thanks for this conversation, which I find interesting.

TrongpaiExpat
December 18th, 2008, 11:54
It would be helpful if these it's packed, it's dead or not busy reports to include when you made a visit, time and day of the week. GT, on other site posted that soi Twilight was dead when he went yesterday (Wed). I was there the day before (Tue) and it was not hopping but far from dead. Plenty of boys and about 70% of the seats occupied for the 10:30 show at Dream Boys. Not bad for a weekday but if that was a weekend, not so good.

I have spoke to some clueless farangs that proclaim this or that is "dead" unequivocally and then find out that they went on an off (odd) hour or off day and are just making false assumptions.

There's a poster on CFS that reports the exact time he goes in and leaves a venue and it that's not enough he sometimes provides latitude and longitude coordinates but you don't have to take it to that extreme.

catawampuscat
December 18th, 2008, 14:17
I recall going to a popular boy bar with a farang acquaintance and he loudly proclaimed
there wasn't a single hot or attractive boy in the whole bar except for one waiter.
The one waiter was quite fem and skinny and probably the least attractive boy in the whole
bar imho, which was full of hot sexy boys/men..

I have learned to not believe what fellow farangs say until I know them well and their preferences.
Of course, this picky farang was about the ugliest man I ever met and that says something
in a place like Pattaya/Jomtien.. :cat:

colmx
December 18th, 2008, 15:09
Krazy Dragon was packed again last night...
And that was without the Asian tour group...

I also visited:
-Happy Boys (Very Frisky boys as uaual)
-Legun (very hard to see the boys here)
-Sundance (Was scarily like Amigo last night)
-Euroboys (not as many boys as usual last night - but still good fun as always)
-Nice Boys (too many lpushy ady boy waiters in this place for my taste)
-Villa Rouge (too many pushy lady boy waiters here too)
-Jim Jimmy James (Lots of appendages on display... liked one so much i brought him home!)

Each of the bars had 3-4 customers... not busy - but not all that quiet...

The beer bars as usual were very busy with at least double the amount of customers of the GoGos...

Patexpat
December 18th, 2008, 15:38

The beer bars as usual were very busy with at least double the amount of customers of the GoGos...

So 8 customers makes a bar busy?

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2008, 16:15

many of the drinkers from Panorama are now drinking in Sunee, expats are not always looking for a new off every night, but company. Most of the drinkers in Sunee are just that. Good vibes, and not expensive drinks or offs

colmx
December 18th, 2008, 17:18

Yes i think 8 customers is enough to justify them as being called busy...
Especially compared to the pattayaland bars where there are 0/1 customers in the bars at the moment

I would think that any bar owner would be happy to have 8 customers in their bar (as in a constant stream of 8 customers all night and each buying drinks for themselves and the boys working there!)

catawampuscat
December 18th, 2008, 23:12
great reviews colmx..
Some posters think we need to know exact prices of drinks, cleanliness of the toilet,
and all the other details. Most important are the boys and if the place is fun..
keep it coming colmx :cat:

btw, Wild West Boys on Pattayaland soi 2 was busy tonite and many new and very
hot boys. Lots of bigger boys and buns buns buns.
You can get a photo calendar of the boys at their monthly party on the 29th..

December 18th, 2008, 23:28
It's not exactly packed.
Whilst I was in Legun, there were 1~2 customers total.
Jimmy Jimmy James, up to about 12
Sundance, up to about 8 customers (going in here was an error of judgment, what a desperate bar).
? Forgot the name on soi VC, up to 4 customer.

On the previous night, there were no more than 5~6 customers in Euroboys, despite the obvious attractions of the place.

December 19th, 2008, 03:05

There's no such thing as bad publicity!

:cheers:

Patexpat
December 19th, 2008, 09:14
Yes i think 8 customers is enough to justify them as being called busy...
Especially compared to the pattayaland bars where there are 0/1 customers in the bars at the moment

Not sure where you get your figures from - whilst not favouring Sunee, Boystown or Jomtien for a night out but my observations around PattayaLand 1, 2 and 3 are:

Panarama - much quieter than it should be - although by your definition busy
Copa - at least 20 customers in for the show
Oscars - again much quieter than you would expect, agree with you that there was only a handful earlier this week
BBB - love it or hate it, quiet until about 11 but after that builds to 30+ for the show
WWB - usually at least 70% full for 10:30 show and may be 50-60% so they easily get 50+ each night
Funny Boys - had a problem getting a seat in there last weekend - much to my surprise!
A Bomb - last time i was in about 5 customers
Dynamite - gets full after about 11pm ... but I guess it only takes about 8 falang with a boy to make that look busy!

as for the others - the ones I've popped in and out of seem to have a steady trickle of customers, I guess in your 4 to 8 range.

So for you to portray Pattayaland as dead simply isn't accurate - but it IS much quieter than a buzzing high season of a few years ago.

Of course a factor already raised elsewhere is that the style of customer may well be very different - but nonetheless a paying customer is a paying customer!

December 19th, 2008, 09:34
Oscars - again much quieter than you would expect, agree with you that there was only a handful earlier this week
BBB - love it or hate it, quiet until about 11 but after that builds to 30+ for the show
WWB - usually at least 70% full for 10:30 show and may be 50-60% so they easily get 50+ each night
Funny Boys - had a problem getting a seat in there last weekend - much to my surprise!
Dynamite - gets full after about 11pm ... but I guess it only takes about 8 falang with a boy to make that look busy!

as for the others - the ones I've popped in and out of seem to have a steady trickle of customers, I guess in your 4 to 8 range.

So for you to portray Pattayaland as dead simply isn't accurate - but it IS much quieter than a buzzing high season of a few years ago.

My observations from last week are similar. From my notebook, I can see that I jotted down:

Copa: 20- 25 customers during the 10:30 and 11:00 shows;
BBB: 40 - 50 customers for the midnight cabaret show;
Funny Boys: 6 - 10 customers, a lot of coming and going, between 11:00 and 00:15;
WWB: 40 - 50 customers during the 10:30 show.

Agree with you. They can't be described as dead, though noticeably thinner than a high season should be.

foodforthought
December 19th, 2008, 13:16
When I made this posting, it was to just share my observation at how busy the Krazy Dragon was. I was not saying any other place was quiet.
I had a really good night out and it felt very much like the high season use to be.
I am pleased at any business do well, that way they stay in business and continue to entertain us, the customer.

December 19th, 2008, 14:33
But why there is always the police in Sunee and why thatтАЩs the place where the minors work in the bar and on the street? You will not find any 12year old boy running around in Boyztown. And why the business owner canтАЩt organise same events like Boyztown do all the time like a street party etc? I never saw a raid in Boyztown. The negative touch must come from somewhere. I like Sunee and I am happy to support but I expecting action from the honest business owner to clean up the children in Sunee.

MARK
December 19th, 2008, 16:16
But why there is always the police in Sunee and why thatтАЩs the place where the minors work in the bar and on the street? You will not find any 12year old boy running around in Boyztown. And why the business owner canтАЩt organise same events like Boyztown do all the time like a street party etc? I never saw a raid in Boyztown. The negative touch must come from somewhere. I like Sunee and I am happy to support but I expecting action from the honest business owner to clean up the children in Sunee.

Just give me 5 minutes I will go and get my dust pan and brush and sweep all the street kids up, I have nothing else to do. Should I just pop them in the dust bin, or do you think the local authority's would like me to drop them off in their backyard.

Mark.

December 19th, 2008, 16:38
Police is always in Sunee not in Boyztown - WHY?

I never saw a raid in Boyztown. The negative touch must come from somewhere. I like Sunee and I am happy to support but I expecting action from the honest business owner to clean up the children in Sunee.

Proabaly because the major bars, hotels and restaurant are European owned and operated...
G[

December 19th, 2008, 19:19
Not all the kids in Sunee are looking to turn tricks. A lot of locals live in the area and their kids also run thru Sunee and just hang with friends. There is no easy answer to the kids being there. Even if the kids are caught up in a raid they are usually back on the streets the next night. The ones caught with farang are also not held or sent to some place to help them. With the high numbers of kids needing help the gov't just doesn't have the proper facilites to be effective.

Dani69
December 19th, 2008, 20:52
Sundance has to be the worst gogo bar in SP. Full of underage boys and The female mamasan treating tem like cattle I really hate the place.Mind you Minou is not much better. Euroboys all the way for me.

December 19th, 2008, 22:13

Just give me 5 minutes I will go and get my dust pan and brush and sweep all the street kids up, I have nothing else to do. Should I just pop them in the dust bin, or do you think the local authority's would like me to drop them off in their backyard.

Mark.

Oh yes, absolutely - we cannot have the kids who actually LIVE in Sunee interfering with the +60yo queens' enjoyment of teenage cocks being flashed in their faces in the bars , can we?

Get a ****ing grip!

December 19th, 2008, 22:19

My observations from last week are similar. From my notebook, I can see that I jotted down:

Copa: 20- 25 customers during the 10:30 and 11:00 shows;
BBB: 40 - 50 customers for the midnight cabaret show;
Funny Boys: 6 - 10 customers, a lot of coming and going, between 11:00 and 00:15;
WWB: 40 - 50 customers during the 10:30 show.

Agree with you. They can't be described as dead, though noticeably thinner than a high season should be.

Ummmmm - no offence but what sort of person goes out for a drink of an evening, armed with a notebook to record the numbers of people at various times in a multiplicity of venues?

You must be the life and soul of the party - please remind me to avoid your company at all costs!

joe552
December 20th, 2008, 03:48
I was thinking the same thing, Scottish-guy, sounds like rivetting company.

December 20th, 2008, 13:55
I went to the Krazy Dragon last night with my friends they got more new boys in there, and some of the boys had g string good place to go for Thai boys we had some fun with farang in there

December 20th, 2008, 15:24
You know until all you guys who complain about the underage working boys in sunny do something about it, it will continue.
Unless they have the money and a life to lead somewhere else, why should they go somewhere else? Gonna help them out? I doubt it.

It's like you're all saying 'this is my place, go away'. What you need to realise is that it is actually THEIR place and you guys are coming in and enforcing your morals and beliefs on them.
The reason why sunny is always more interesting is because it's alive and it's real. Get used to it, or go somewhere else.
If it becomes the way YOU want it to be it will become just as dead and boring as all those other places you don't go to anymore.

And chickenboy, nice to see some Thai guys here. Kob Khun Khrap

December 20th, 2008, 17:42

Mark.

Just do it - opposite your bar start to clean up. Next door former "Rose" now La Copa. When the old daddies sitting there and playing with the 12 years old boys - yes go there and start action. Call the police, make fotos, make videos. The old system of Peter should be still in work or not? Everybody of you know but nobody have the backbone to start action for the better benefit of your business. When passing Sunee I am always in Hurry to reach a bar because I dont want to get seen with these underage children. Sunee have 3 entrees - Just make an ID-Card control inthe Night time as they do it in BKK at DJ station. There you cant find any underage boy inside. Stand up, wash up and clean up. Be the first and profit from that.

December 20th, 2008, 19:28
The old system of Peter should be still in work or not?

Hi gaydestination!
Could you please tell us what "the old system of Peter" was that "should still in work" is? I would love to know.
Does this have anything to do with Peter getting arrested for underage boys in his own house that was widely reported in the papers with some great photos at the time. Is that "the old system of Peter" you are talking about?

MARK
December 21st, 2008, 09:47
Sorry Gaydestination but you donтАЩt have a clue what you are talking about, the police do not care what is happening on the plaza they collect far too much money to want to help close the bad bars down. They would loose a fortune in tea money. As for Peter as already stated he did not help the situation on the Plaza less said.
As for Somebody standing up to the mafia and the police that do control the area a bullet in Thailand cost 10Bht,I dont want one in my back as I drive home, yes I here what you are saying but unless the authorityтАЩs want to change what is happening, It will never happen if you have your favorite bars just walk to them and enjoy your self you donтАЩt have to get involved with the bars that you donтАЩt like.

Mark.

Smiles
December 21st, 2008, 09:49
" ... Police is always in Sunee not in Boyztown - WHY? ... "
Simple. The Boys of Boyztown pay the cops big money "in the pocket". At least it's for sure bigger than the Baht of Sunnee.

What else could it be? You think the Boyz in Brown actually give a tinkers damn whether any particular bar is populated by the underaged? (Fall over laughing here).

Cheers ...

December 21st, 2008, 09:54
Sorry Gaydestination but you donтАЩt have a clue what you are talking about, the police do not care what is happening on the plaza they collect far too much money to want to help close the bad bars down.Never a truer word.

MARK
December 21st, 2008, 10:03
Sorry again Smiles wrong way round the bars in sunee pay a lot more to the BIB so they can have the boys in the bar.

CoffeeBreak
December 21st, 2008, 10:12

Mark.[/quote]

What an unpleasantly sarcastic and nasty post Mark.

One of the problems with Sunee Plaza is the likes of you and others have allowed what should be a gay area to be hijacked by pedeo's and their gangs and hence gives the rest of us gays a bad name.
Shame on you.
For goodness sake,the bar bosses in Sunee are as responsible as anyone else for the hideous reputation of Sunee, and should clean up their act as well as cleaning up that place.

December 21st, 2008, 10:33
Some of the simple minded folks that post here amaze me. When ever a conversation about Sunee comes up they start rattling about the kids and calling the police to clean up the area.

Let me explain all of this to them like they were 6 year olds.

1) The police in Thailand make a starvation wage.
2) The only way that the police can live a decent life style is to collect bribes. ( tea money)
3) The police collect tea money from everyone that is running a business that brakes a rule or law...and most that break no rules.
4) The police therefore LOVE these businesses that brake the rules.
5) Every now and then the police throw a raid to show the US, EU, World Vision, and the Western press that they are working hard to suppress all of this illegal immoral conduct.
6) The police get their picture in the paper because they are doing such a good job of law enforcement.
7) Most every Farang that is arrested for one of these violations is first given a chance to prove his innocence buy (sic) taking the police to the bank...if found innocent in the bank they are allowed to leave the bank by the back door.
8)This is the way business has been done in Thailand for all of our life times...and the morality police, US, EU, World Vision....and the Western press are not going to ruin the police's cash cows.
9)The police do not give a rats ass about anything except saving face and earning money.
10) If you don't believe me call the police complain about all of the horrible things that you see, identify yourself and see how long it takes you to collect a 10 baht bullet. And BTW... your embassy will be informed that you were a suicide...no doubt depressed about money or a failed love.

Now take a minute to think who might be a part owner of some of these businesses that you find so offensive and want to close down.

Now do you understand how business is done?????

MARK
December 21st, 2008, 10:40
I really should just not respond to you but I will.

You do not know what the hell you are talking about.

My comment was supposed to be sarcastic.

You say one of the problems with Sunee Plaza is the likes of me! Sunee plaza HAS NEVER BEEN HIJACKED BY as you say Pedes It was set up and built by them over 10 years ago.

9 out of every ten bars in sunee are run by owner that want children in there bars.

I donтАЩt want to say any more on this subject if you like the bars in sunee go to the ones you enjoy have a good time if you donтАЩt like the area stay away.

Ps just because you lot cant afford to drink in Boys town Now you want Sunee to turn in to your nice clean little cheep Boys Town.

Smiles
December 21st, 2008, 10:46
Not quite sure about #10 on Soi Tom's List (a slight exaggeration I would guess ... on the other hand, I'm sure it's happened), but points 1~9 are absolutely accurate: The Thai Police are corrupt from bottom through to the top, and give only a rat's ass for the concept of "rule of law".

To believe that the so-called 'raids' on Sunnee Plaza are actually attemps by the police to stamp out underage sex procurement is to believe in the tooth fairy. The 'morality' of such Sunnee shenanigans are absolutely at the bottom (if at all) of the list of reasons for police raiding the place.

Cheers ...

MARK
December 21st, 2008, 10:46
Some of the simple minded folks that post here amaze me. When ever a conversation about Sunee comes up they start rattling about the kids and calling the police to clean up the area.

Let me explain all of this to them like they were 6 year olds.

1) The police in Thailand make a starvation wage.
2) The only way that the police can live a decent life style is to collect bribes. ( tea money)
3) The police collect tea money from everyone that is running a business that brakes a rule or law...and most that break no rules.
4) The police therefore LOVE these businesses that brake the rules.
5) Every now and then the police throw a raid to show the US, EU, World Vision, and the Western press that they are working hard to suppress all of this illegal immoral conduct.
6) The police get their picture in the paper because they are doing such a good job of law enforcement.
7) Most every Farang that is arrested for one of these violations is first given a chance to prove his innocence buy (sic) taking the police to the bank...if found innocent in the bank they are allowed to leave the bank by the back door.
8)This is the way business has been done in Thailand for all of our life times...and the morality police, US, EU, World Vision....and the Western press are not going to ruin the police's cash cows.
9)The police do not give a rats ass about anything except saving face and earning money.
10) If you don't believe me call the police complain about all of the horrible things that you see, identify yourself and see how long it takes you to collect a 10 baht bullet. And BTW... your embassy will be informed that you were a suicide...no doubt depressed about money or a failed love.

Now take a minute to think who might be a part owner of some of these businesses that you find so offensive and want to close down.

Now do you understand how business is done?????

Thank God a person living in the real World Thought I was alone out Here. Mark

jinks
December 21st, 2008, 10:50
9 out of every ten bars in sunee are run by owner that want children in there bars.

I hope it is a typo and you missed out the 'do not' before children.

That said, enough on this near to 'outside the guidelines' thread.

CLOSED.