View Full Version : USA - Where can I get a Thai "Copy" watch repaired

bucknaway
December 16th, 2008, 05:01
When I was in Pattaya I purchased a digital/analog watch that I have come to love. Well it is not working properly now. The hands move but the digital background does not appear anymore. I would like to get it fixed and have taken it to 2 or 3 places here in my home state of Delaware but they were unable to repair it. All they did was replace the battery and looked to see if it worked.... The digital display will appear until the back of the watch is installed.....

I am wondering if any of you know of a place here in the USA that repairs copy watches? The watch I have is a Swiss Army Super Sport. (Copy).

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh... It being a copy is not the problem. I could care less if it was a copy or not. I purchased it simply for the dual dial. I think it is a battery problem (The watch takes 3).

I am willing to even send the watch back to Thailand to have it fixed. I tried to find the original online but can't find one like it. I would be willing to pay as much as $200 for an original. I think I had seen a Timex at the Airport that would be acceptable but I can't find that one on the Timex website either......

December 16th, 2008, 06:02
Bucknaway, nice to see you back.

Likely your copy was made in Taiwan or China and much more likely there is now way for a repair. Best solution is to go with a new watch and, by the way, stop by more often.

bing
December 16th, 2008, 08:22
When I had a fake rolex that ceased working properly, I took it to a kiosk in the mall. The Indian gentleman working there said 'no problem' and to come back in a half hour. All it needed was a new battery. $6.00 and it is wroking fine for the past year. Perhaps if you take your watch to the mall and ask around you will find someone to fix your watch.

December 16th, 2008, 08:27
I think I'd probably try a watch repair shop.

maisoui
December 16th, 2008, 11:11
Since you say it is OK till the back goes back on heck to see if the seal beteen the back and the housing is complete and not shorting. If it's branded "Swiss Army" check thir site for the original. Otherwise, find that guy on the beach next trip.

Aunty
December 16th, 2008, 13:33
Oh I know exactly how you feel, Bucky. I had to get my Rolex repaired recently and it cost me $3000! And I thought to myself, that's the last time I'm ever buying a real one! Jesus loves you baby.

December 16th, 2008, 17:27
There is an interesting watch shop at the far back end of Wat Chai market. Next time you are in country it might be worth a visit to him.

bucknaway
December 17th, 2008, 05:46
thanks everyone!

allieb
December 17th, 2008, 19:54
I fell in love with a fake Bulgari on a trip to Thailand it cost only 500 baht. I bought 3 pieces and only last week when the first one gave up after 2 years of use I threw it away and put on another one. Still have one more to go

Moral is when buying a fake that you really like then buy more than one. I live in Saudi where at any given moment there are a several million dollars of watches being worn by people in any shopping center. No body has dicovered I am wearing fakes yet