PDA

View Full Version : 13 days and counting...

1PR4BKK
December 16th, 2008, 03:30
13 days and counting... :occasion9:

Today my Thai visa arrived and it made me realize that I have less than two (2) weeks before I land in the LOS. This will be the longest stay away from home for me (4 months). I am a little nervous about staying away from home for so long, however, being in Thailand will not provoke too much homesickness.

On this trip, I plan to meet more forum members and be a little more sociable. Usually, I am working and spending time with my bf. This time he decided not to come with me to Thailand and will stay home to work. Therefore, spending some time with the forum members may keep me out of trouble.

Are there any social gathering coming up that are must attend events?

Are there any dangers for which I should be aware?

TrongpaiExpat
December 16th, 2008, 11:14
From the calendar it appears your not really going to Thailand your going to Pattaya. Four months in only Pattaya?

1PR4BKK
December 16th, 2008, 16:41
Actually TrongpaiExpat, a condo in Pattaya will be my base but I plan to be in Bangkok frequently to visit our offices there, as well as shopping, partying, visiting colleagues and other stuff. I also intend to take in-country side trips to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui and other islands, etc. I do want to visit Cambodia (Angkor Wat), Hong Kong (3-4 Days), Malaysia (3-4 days) and Bali.

Also, I have a few close friends from the U.S. visiting me for 3 or more weeks at a time throughout my stay. While I am away on my jaunts, some will occupy my Pattaya condo or travel with me on side trips (it's up to them). As for me, I want to explore the region as much as time will allow and as safely as possible.

Gra45, as for the live-in BF-sitting, I think his friends have that position covered.