PDA

View Full Version : Visa

markie1
December 15th, 2008, 14:14
I am a little confuced reading about the 15 day Visa ,can some one tell me ,i am planning on coming to thailand on the 15 january for 3 weeks ,will i still get my 30 day visa stamp at the airport ,or has this changed ,thanks for any help .

mark

December 15th, 2008, 14:45
best to check with your local thai consulate

krobbie
December 15th, 2008, 15:15
I am a little confuced reading about the 15 day Visa ,can some one tell me ,i am planning on coming to thailand on the 15 january for 3 weeks ,will i still get my 30 day visa stamp at the airport ,or has this changed ,thanks for any help .

mark

Mark,
I believe the 30 day visa stands if you are coming by air from overseas. The 15 day visa is for people arriving overland from Laos, Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia. I think they are just trying to put a spoke in the wheels of the visa run folk.

I am arriving on Monday midday and that is what I am lead to believe.

If you find out any different please post. I will send an email to my Thai embassy now to make sure.

Cheers
krobbie

krobbie
December 16th, 2008, 00:11

mark

Should be Ok, read http://forum.thaivisa.com

Thanks fattman. Here is the opening quote from Thai Visa:

30-days border runs now only 15 days

BANGKOK: -- In order to limit the amount of foreigners using "back-to-back" border runs, Thai Immigration has issued a new regulation regarding the 30 days tourist exemption.

Effective immediately, travellers without visa will get only 15 days of stay if they are arriving via a land border checkpoint from a neigboring country.

Passengers arriving via an international airport will obtain a 30 days stay, and for them there is no change.

Travellers with Malaysian passports will obtain a 30 days stay.

This police order number 778/2551 is today confirmed by Royal Thai Police, Immigration Bureau, in Bangkok.

-- thaivisa.com 2008-12-04

Attached: Royal Thai Police order (Thai language)
Attached File RTP778_2551.pdf ( 142.95K ) Number of downloads: 322

Attached: Royal Thai Police order (English language)
Attached File National_Police_Order_778_2008.pdf ( 83.42K ) Number of downloads: 129

New Regulations For Extensions Of Non-immigrant Visas
Police Order 777/2551 dated Nov 25, 2008
Read here:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Regulatio ... 27532.html (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Regulations-...ig-t227532.html)

markie1
December 16th, 2008, 03:50
thankyou
mark

colmx
December 16th, 2008, 05:18
hmmm...
Looks like my planned trip to Arranyaprathet for a 30 day visa in the new year is going to have to be changed to a flight to HK, KL or S'pore so...

Can't believe they have brought in this law when:
a) They have no government
b) They already have no tourists
c) They should be trying to make people stay-not leave!

I guess TIT applies as usual!

quiet1
December 16th, 2008, 09:07
I won't defend the decision to change border crossings to a 15-day visa-exempt stamp, but notice the date of Police Order 777/2551: Nov 25, 2008. This change was concocted before the PAD airport escapades.