PDA

View Full Version : BKK Report

December 14th, 2008, 22:57
Silom Shopping Centre
Had a coffee & cruised the local talent to kill time before hitting the gogo bars.
This was rather more effective than anticipated, as I met cute 22 year old masseur on his day off & had a quick session back in the hotel before going to the bars.

1 Classic Boys
Still the best range of talent around for my tastes, cute & wearing the regulation white underwear.
Beer 200 bht. Black mark for permitting smoking.
As many as 4 customers.

2 Fresh Beach Boys
Diverse range of boys, probably to suit most tastes. Some quite cute, but disfigured by tattoos. Beer 220 bht. Pushy mamasan, so no tip.
2~3 customers

3 The Siam Angel
11 boys one customer (me).
Mostly quite cute, but not all. One fancied himself as a bodybuilder, but had the appearance of existing on a diet of lard & not working out.

4 Dream Boys
Packed out with mostly Asian customers, of all ages & sexes (I believe). Not many elderly westerners. Commentry in Japanese, a little English & other languages. Various shows with lady boys, hunks etc wearing plastic penises (or they are MUCH better endowed than any other Asians I have met). This is the only Thai bar I've been to where the customers were more cute than the performers. Drinks 250 bht.
Cannot recommend this.

Patpong night market is very quiet, so much so that it's even a sensible option as a through route on the way back to the guesthouse. Tourist numbers must be down a lot on last year.
Guess that may be due to global recession, the strong baht, high oil prices when people were booking a few months back & to cap it all the PAD.
Only allowing people who enter overland 2 weeks visa must hurt things slightly also -how dumb is that?
I imagine bars will be closing if things don't pick up quickly.

Apologies for the errors, this is hot off the press & the effects of the alcohol haven't worn off yet.

December 14th, 2008, 23:07
Only allowing people who enter overland 2 weeks visa must hurt things slightly also -how dumb is that?.

how many tourists who would be spending baht in the gogo bars do you think come to Thailand overland? And of those who do, how many stay longer than 2 weeks? I would hazard a guess that its so few that it would not make a spot of difference.

catawampuscat
December 15th, 2008, 00:12
Very few customers in some Pattaya go go bars as well.
We were surprised to see only a handful of customers at Boyz,Boyz,Boyz at prime time last weekend and the place felt empty. Later we stopped at Cupidol Boys on Pattayaland soi 1,
and we were only customers most of the time. Lots of hot boys in both bars..
I didn't mind the attention from the boys and most tried hard as their opinions for
finding a customer were few and far between.

Tonite, at Krazy Dragon also very few customers but lots of boys and lots of fun for me
and my friends.
The boy beer bars seem busier than the gogo bars, at least in Sunee Plaza. :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
December 15th, 2008, 00:41
4 Dream Boys
Various shows with lady boys, hunks etc wearing plastic penises (or they are MUCH better endowed than any other Asians I have met).

Not plastic, real. You need to sit closer. They or some wear a double condom. One on the shaft and and another around the base. Maintains the erection so I am told.

Nice report, thanks.

I have not been over to Twilight in some time. The non-tourist gay venues where farangs seldom venture outside of the Silom area are doing well, seems better than usual.

December 15th, 2008, 08:37
Only allowing people who enter overland 2 weeks visa must hurt things slightly also -how dumb is that?.

how many tourists who would be spending baht in the gogo bars do you think come to Thailand overland? And of those who do, how many stay longer than 2 weeks? I would hazard a guess that its so few that it would not make a spot of difference.

I agree it's probably a very small percentage, although the number may have increased due to the recent troubles at the airport.
However, I just don't see the point of the restriction -any tourist with plenty of free time & money could easily visit several countries over a period of a few months.

December 15th, 2008, 09:06
I agree it's probably a very small percentage, although the number may have increased due to the recent troubles at the airport.
However, I just don't see the point of the restriction -any tourist with plenty of free time & money could easily visit several countries over a period of a few months.

Hmmm i really doubt that anybody would have rearranged their travel plans from flying in to an overland entry, particularly when the blockade was only about a week. And if this mythical tourist was planning to spend a long period here he could apply for a 60 day tourist visa.

The 15 day entry stamp is clearly to make life difficult for visa runners, people who are long term residents abusing the visa waiver system to stay here long term. The immigration people must have decided that the impact of this change on real tourists would be minimal, as the vast majority of tourists come here by air.

pong
December 15th, 2008, 10:38
there is not any need to make some strife but you might realise this:
1.NO advance announcement was made at all re this going back from 30 to 15 days. even 2 weeks later the TAT seemed to be unaware of it.
2.yes-there are various reports that quite a lot of people-planning to fly into BKK and rerouted (often by their airline and not really free choice) into KUL or SIN-and had to enter Thaild by land-and then got hit by this un-announced tightening. Some hence had to curtail their planned stay here in LOS-really the very best to do in times that this country needs tourists-staying longer and spending more. and tipically these people-being completely unaware of the new rules-had not extra time-being late already-to wait for days in Malaysia for that visum.

December 15th, 2008, 18:17
I rearranged my travel to arrive overland.

The way to stop visa runs would be to set a maximum limit on the proportion of time spent in Thailand over say a 2 year period.

Although it might make more sense to encourage anyone with an annual income of say 5x Thai annual GDP per capita to visit the country as often as possible.

December 15th, 2008, 22:13
Day 2
Managed to hold off until the gogo bars opened. Offed a really cute guy from Classic Boys that I had spotted the previous year. He's 20 years old & from Chiang Mai. Sadly he's returning there next year, maybe a few more will do this if the poor trade continues.
I was the only customer in the bar, when I left with him around 9:00 p.m.

Seems like there are a few freelancers on the steps of the Kasithorn bank opposite the Wall Street Inn (or whatever it's called).

December 16th, 2008, 06:46
The way to stop visa runs would be to set a maximum limit on the proportion of time spent in Thailand over say a 2 year period.

thats pretty much what they did last time to combat the border runners, except it was over 6 months rather than 2 years. they have just given up on that system, the suggestion was that counting up the days that people had stayed over the given period was too time consuming for the immigration officers.
of course there was the predictable wailing about that scheme too.

December 16th, 2008, 08:26
so where is the Kasithorn bank what street...it only i wnt to know where the freelancers are inm looking for a boy i stayed with in June this year....

Suriwong road, just around the corner from the gogo bars. There were only about 3~5 freelancers.

December 17th, 2008, 08:35
BKK Report 3
Chatted to some freelancers outside Robinsons on Rama 4 road, just around from Sala Daeng BTS station, but decided not to take things any further. One was not 18 -take care & check ID cards.

Offed number 19 from X-boys (Bas). Very affectionate guy from Chiang Mai who actually spoke some English.