PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon and Happy Birthday Your Majesty

jinks
December 4th, 2008, 23:29
http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/081205king.jpg

December 5th, 2008, 00:00
Never knew he was a reader of this site.

latintopxxx
December 5th, 2008, 00:23
pity he didn't bother with his birthday speech just when the Thai nation is seeking leadership....

December 5th, 2008, 00:28
Can't blame him for that. There's not much he could have said that would have not revealed his bias...which everyone knows anyway...but which, constitutionally, he should not have. Best just not to say anything this year.

December 5th, 2008, 01:04
Best just not to say anything this year.

... If You CanтАЩt Say Anything Nice !

The King turns 81 today !

Where you at age 81 ? :flower:

тАЬHappy Birthday, King Bhumibol " .

jinks
December 5th, 2008, 01:56

If you can get your tonge round it......

King Bhumibol Adulyadej - Rama IX of the Royal House of Chakri.

Phrabat Somdet Phra Poraminthara Maha Bhumibol Adulyadej

Khor tose
December 5th, 2008, 10:55
Best just not to say anything this year.

... If You CanтАЩt Say Anything Nice !

The King turns 81 today !

Where you at age 81 ? :flower:

Manners and Morals say you are correct, but I cannot bring myself to say it. Personality defect maybe, or just know more then I should.

December 5th, 2008, 11:52
It would appear clear from his public appearances this last week at his sister's funeral and at the Trooping of the Colour that his not making a speech this year is due to ill health and for no other reason; to allege that he chose not to or "didn't bother" is unnecessarily disrespectful under any circumstances and totally unwarranted under these.

latintopxxx
December 5th, 2008, 12:35
Huh...well enough to attend the trooping of the colours and the 9 million euro cremation of his sister....

December 5th, 2008, 13:12
I would think it would take more than a cough and a sore throat to prevent him from attending his sister's funeral ceremony - a somewhat more significant event, both personally and in as his role as monarch

Marsilius
December 5th, 2008, 13:51
...his sister's funeral ceremony - a somewhat more significant event... in... his role as monarch

Surely a less significant event in his "role as monarch" than the opportunity to speak to the nation and thereby attempt to quell the animosities that are destroying the unity, social cohesion and economy of his kingdom?

December 5th, 2008, 14:34
Surely a less significant event in his "role as monarch" that the opportunity to speak to the nation and thereby attempt to quell the animosities that are destroying the unity, social cohesion and economy of his kingdom?

if he sees a need to address the nation, he can do it any time. No need to wait for the annual birthday address. a bit late after the immediate crisis has passed.

December 5th, 2008, 19:05
The crisis has passed, do you really think so Dave? Strange that really, because I don't believe that it has even arrived just yet.

George.

December 5th, 2008, 19:39
I am in agreement with you George, sadly I think things will get much worse before getting any better. We will just have to wait and see and hope that we are wrong.

Do people really think that a man like Toksin is going to stay away, or stay out of Thai politics?

December 5th, 2008, 20:04
i dont think the problems are over by any means, just that the immediate crisis is over. it seems that the next PM might be not so closely aligned with Thaksin, so things may calm down for a while. but are Thai politics ever smooth sailing for long?

December 6th, 2008, 00:13
I am in agreement with you George, sadly I think things will get much worse before getting any better. We will just have to wait and see and hope that we are wrong.

Do people really think that a man like Toksin is going to stay away, or stay out of Thai politics?

George and Sanook, a worrried "ditto".

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that Thaksin is the excuse for the present unrest, even the catalyst for it, but his absence will not resolve the basic problem.

dab69
December 6th, 2008, 12:26
I would rather stay on topic and wish his Majesty a very happy and healthy birthday.
Sorry it's slightly late here.