PDA

View Full Version : AFP Report Protesters to Leave

December 2nd, 2008, 15:34
just hope the other mob dont move in after the PAD leave

December 2nd, 2008, 15:40
AFP is reporting the PAD have agreed to allow flights to re-commence and will leave the airport soon. I've seen no other confirmation in the Thai news or press so far.

What is AFP please

atri1666
December 2nd, 2008, 15:49
http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/tha ... 52628.html (http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/thailand-besatzer-geben-flughafen-frei_aid_352628.html)

German news also told airport will start soon.

December 2nd, 2008, 16:08
Suvarnabhumi to welcome incoming flights
(BangkokPost.com) - The PeopleтАЩs Alliance for Democracy (PAD) on Tuesday accepted the Airports of Thailand (AOT)тАЩs demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi airport after the Constitution Court dissolved the People Power, Chart Thai and Matchimathipataya parties on charges of electoral fraud.

The first incoming flight to the international airport is expected to be within 24 hours.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/021208_News/ ... king05.php (http://www.bangkokpost.com/021208_News/02Dec2008_breaking05.php)

December 2nd, 2008, 16:22
The People's Alliance for Democracy Tuesday agreed in principle to cooperate with the Airports of Thailand Plc to reopen services at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport but the PAD will not end its demonstration there. The agreement was announced at 3:30 pm by Somkiart Pongpaibool, a PAD leader and Vudhibhandhu Vichairatana, chairman of the AOT board of directors, following their meeting. Somkiart announced that the PAD would allow flights to resume at the Bangkok international airport after AOT technical officials check technical readiness of all systems. He said a joint committee between the PAD and AOT board would inspect assets in the airport and would open gateways for passengers to use the airports for arrival and departures. Somkiart said the PAD would allocate a zone for its demonstration to continue without affecting the passengers. Vudhibhandhu said the board would cooperate with the PAD to check the readiness of the systems and would try to resume services within 24 hours. He said the AOT board would try to make the systems of the airport ready in line with international standard.

December 2nd, 2008, 16:25
hope they keep the PAD and the taxi drivers apart

December 2nd, 2008, 16:49
Can the debauchery, and accompaning thievery continue once again in the Land of Suckers?

December 2nd, 2008, 17:04
I read yesterday that the authorities estimated that it would take 7 days to reopen the airport, but today they report flights coming in - I guess to clear the backlog?

I was due to travel to BKK on Saturday 6th December but had resigned myself to cancelling. But if flights are resuming, maybe I can still make it. Any words from the wise on whether it may be possible or een advisable?

Thanks!

December 2nd, 2008, 17:04
So the airport can open and the crisis ends. But there is no PM, no government until/unless one is appointed THEN elected and the PPP and the Cronies Against Dictatorship reorganize as a new party and the same 'problem' as before.

Well, for now just think the army can act either way without appering to be on the orders of the nonexistent government, or may have to act, so I guess the LYB are gonna straighten OUT that airport mess out ASAP.

December 2nd, 2008, 17:10
Can the debauchery, and accompaning thievery continue once again in the Land of Suckers?

Without any shadow of doubt I would imagine!

December 2nd, 2008, 17:10
Sky news through Andrew Drummond a reporter in Bangkok reported this morning UK time; that the Thai Airport Authorities have stated that Bangkok Airport will not be ready to commence operations until 15th December.

December 2nd, 2008, 17:32
AFP is reporting the PAD have agreed to allow flights to re-commence and will leave the airport soon. I've seen no other confirmation in the Thai news or press so far.

Do you think that the above news should come as a surprise to anyone, now that the PAD have been served up everything on a plate that were wanting and have been asking for, ever since the first day that they started with their manipulaion and blackmail tactics. I don't think so, do you fattman?

Cheers,

George.

December 2nd, 2008, 17:32

Double post, please dispose of even though it may prove to be a little more dificult for you to do, than what it would be for you to dispose of a Prime Minister, along with his Goverment. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Thanks,

George.

December 2nd, 2008, 17:38
Have you counted out the red shirted gov. backers? Think they are going to lay down for this?
It ain't over until its over.

December 2nd, 2008, 17:45
Have you counted out the red shirted gov. backers? Think they are going to lay down for this?
It ain't over until its over.

You can say that again god. Don't you think that it's about time you did something about all of this and time now also for you to intervene? Or is it a case that you leave everything for Buddha to do alone these days? http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/Wink.gif

Cheers,

George.

fedssocr
December 2nd, 2008, 17:58
The info does seem rather contradictory.

What I think this means is that CARGO operations are able to start right away and that has either already begun or will start up tomorrow.

Passenger service is another matter. I suppose it largely depends on how long it takes to clear the trash and how badly hurt airport systems may have been. The airport will then require recertification by aviation authorities. But my guess is that will be expedited as quickly as possible given the situation. I think that the 15th is a worst case scenario. But probably passenger flights will not be operating for several days to a week at least.

Although I just found this on the Bangkok Post website:
"Thai protesters agree to open Suvarnabhumi

The PAD anti-government group agreed Tuesday, December 2 to allow flights to resume from Bangkok's international airport after a week-long blockade.

One of PAD's senior members, Somkiat Pongpaiboon said his group has allowed flights to take off and land immediately, which included both passenger and cargo flights.

Thailand's airport authority confirmed there was an agreement with protesters, saying flights may be able to resume if there are no 'technical problems'.

"We have reached an agreement with PAD to start clearing protesters from the passenger zone to reopen Suvarnabhumi Airport,'' said Vudhihaandhu Vichairatama, chairman of the board of Airports of Thailand. ``If there is no technical problem the first flights would resume within 24 hours,'' Vudhihaandhu said."

zinzone
December 2nd, 2008, 19:30
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7760592.stm

December 2nd, 2008, 22:41
...the PAD have been served up everything on a plate that were wanting and have been asking for, ever since the first day that they started with their manipulaion and blackmail tactics...

The problem, George, will be once it becomes clear to them that they have actually got nothing out of it and they are back at square one, when the fun will start all over again - particularly if (when) they lose the next election by a larger majority than before. Ho hum ....

December 3rd, 2008, 02:14
The proposal is that the airport re-open but the protesters stay. I'm not sure why anyone would travel to Thailand and take the risk of the protesters shutting the airport down again. You would have to have a very good reason to do that. We know the UDD will use grenades against the PAD. Why fly to Bangkok and step out into the middle of a war zone, right on the doorstep of the airport? I will be screwing the boys in Singapore this Christmas.

"PAD spokesmen said the protesters will "allow flights" to and from Suvarnabhumi, but warned they will stay at the factility and could retake control at any time. "The next government must sincerely agree to introduce new politics and must not be a puppet regime for Thaksin Shinawatra," said a statement by the PAD. The protest will continue in an area of the airport which will not interfere with passengers for now, said the PAD. Later, PAD founder and core leader Sondhi Limthongkul announced the PAD will leave the airport on Wednesday and end all protests at 10am. Other leaders did not confirm his statement."