PDA

View Full Version : Win A Free Weekend At Monty's B & B.

Monty-old
January 4th, 2006, 07:48
Just Answer these 3 questions.

1, Who is the oldest reigning monarch in the world.

2, Who is the oldest reigning Queen. ( and DO NOT say Hedda )

3 , Who was the first to fly over the Atlantic ocean none stop.

The first with the correct answer to all 3 questions will win a weekend for 2 at Monty's B & B. Breakfast included.

January 4th, 2006, 08:55
The world's oldest and longest-reigning monarch is Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary is the Queen the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (and nominal head of State for 15 Commonwealth countries) since 6 Feb 1952 in the death of her father, King George VI. Was crowned as 4th sovereign of the Windsor dinasty on 2 Jun 1953. She is currently the longest-time woman ruler in the world and the second oldest one among all worldwide rulers, only preceded by King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand (1946).

Mom Rajawongse Sirikit - Queen of Thailand has been on the throne longer (1949) - but not as sole ruler

On May 21, 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh completed the first solo nonstop transatlantic flight in history, flying his Ryan NYP "Spirit of St. Louis" 5,810 kilometers (3,610 miles) between Roosevelt Field on Long Island, New York, and Paris, France, in 33 hours, 30 minutes

Lindbergh should not be famous for making the first transatlantic flight because he didn't. That honor goes to Lieutenant Commander Albert Read of the U.S. Navy and the crew of the flying boat NC-4 in May 1919. The transatlantic portion of their flight was from Newfoundland to Portugal with a stop in the Azores, but the entire flight was from New York to England

Monty-old
January 4th, 2006, 10:32
Sorry NOT right.

Lindbergh was the 67 person to cross the
Atlantic none stop by air.

Try again.

January 4th, 2006, 10:35
Sirikit is not a reigning Queen - at best she is a queen consort - like Brenda's late Mum. I'm pleased to see Monty mention Hedda. Apparently Hedda is stamping her foot over on the Bog and insisting that Monty correct some point or other. Monty - front and centre immediately, please

January 4th, 2006, 10:43
The world's oldest and longest-reigning monarch is Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary is the Queen the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (and nominal head of State for 15 Commonwealth countries) since 6 Feb 1952 in the death of her father, King George VI. Was crowned as 4th sovereign of the Windsor dinasty on 2 Jun 1953. She is currently the longest-time woman ruler in the world and the second oldest one among all worldwide rulers, only preceded by King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand (1946).

Mom Rajawongse Sirikit - Queen of Thailand has been on the throne longer (1949) - but not as sole ruler

British aviators Alcock and Brown (Captain John Alcock and Lieutenant Arthur Whitten Brown) made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1919.

Flying a modified Vickers Vimy IV twin-engined bomber, they took off from Lester's Field, Newfoundland (now in Canada) in the late afternoon June 14, 1919 and crash landed (53┬░26′N 10┬░01′W) in a bog near Clifden in Connemara, Ireland, at 8:40am on June 15, 1919, crossing the coast at 4.28pm. They flew 1890 miles in 15 hours 57 minutes, at an average speed of 118 mph. Their aircraft was powered by two Rolls Royce Eagle engines each of 360hp.

October 1924. The Zeppelin airship ZR-3 (LZ-126) flies from Germany to New Jersey with a crew commanded by Dr. Hugo Eckener, covering a distance of about 4,000 statute miles (6,400 km). It was the first nonstop aircraft flight between Europe and America mainlands.

Monty-old
January 4th, 2006, 10:56
Back to the history books girls.
NOT right, But 2 out of 3 not bad.
Thai boy told me I was dirty, filthy, rich, I told him 2 out of 3 not bad.
Keep trying.

January 4th, 2006, 11:44
Thai boy told me im sexy naughty bitchy,as the song goes "2 out of 3 aint bad" .

No im glad Monty that your giving away this free weekend when me and my 5 mates from Australia are staying there,and im glad whoever wins the free weekend has the room next to mine.We all cant wait to get on the piss with the winner. No everyone fire away with your answers I cant wait to meet you if your the winner and my mates Kev, Davo,Johnno,Animal, and Angry would also love to meet you.
Johnno s a tattooist by trade and wants to tattoo the winner,mate we cant wait to party and piss up with youse.Dont plan on sleepin if your the winner,cause you gonna be singing and partying and pissing up like theres no tommorrow. Now come on and answer those questions.
You probaly will recognise Davo and Animal from the TV,they were on the World News from the riots last month in Sydney,ahhh the winner or whiner will fall in love with them.Just get ya t shirt off,tie it around ya waist,have a cold tinnie in ya right hand and sing along with us.And Big Kevs excited about meeting the winner,as he said to me "I cant wait to meet the c...t"
And he said all this whilst holding a ice cold can of VIC BITTER.We wanna show ya some real Aussie hospitality.

Monty-old
January 5th, 2006, 02:52
F. B. If you post, the three anwsers, as aked for you might be a winner.

Also in 1919 The English dirigible R34, with 31 men abourd was the the first flying ship to cross the Atlantic from Scotland to America and returned.

In 1924 the German ZR 3 , flew from Germany to New Jersy with 33 men.
So Lindbergh was the 67 th. To fly across the Atlantic.

January 5th, 2006, 03:16
1. Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

2 Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - also known as Queen Elizabeth II

3 British aviators Alcock and Brown (Captain John Alcock and Lieutenant Arthur Whitten Brown) made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1919.

http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/alcock.htm

Since they crashed landed I am unsure of who hit the ground first to claim the record of the first person to cross the Atlantic non stop. Let's just call it a tie between Alcock & Brown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_reigning_monarchs

List of longest reigning monarchs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

List of currently enthroned monarchs and lifelong leaders sorted by length of service:

Current
No. Name Country Born Succeeded #
1. HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej Thailand 5 Dec 1927 9 Jun 1946 (60)
2. HM Queen Elizabeth II United Kingdom 21 Apr 1926 6 Feb 1952 (54)
3. HE President Fidel Castro Cuba 13 Aug 1926 16 Feb 1959 (47)
4. HH Head of State Malietoa Tanumafili II Samoa 4 Jan 1913 1 Jan 1962 (44)
5. HM King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV Tonga 4 Jul 1918 15 Dec 1965 (41)
6. HM Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Brunei 15 Jul 1946 5 Oct 1967 (39)
7. HE President Omar Bongo Gabon 30 Dec 1935 28 Nov 1967 (39)
8. HE Muammar al-Qaddafi Libya 1942 1 Set 1969 (37)
9. HM Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Oman 18 Nov 1940 23 Jul 1970 (36)
10. HM Queen Margrethe II Denmark 16 Apr 1940 14 Jan 1972 (34)
11. HM King Jigme Singye Wangchuck Bhutan 11 Nov 1955 24 Jun 1972 (34)
12. HM King Carl XVI Gustaf Sweden 30 Apr 1946 15 Sep 1973 (33)
13. HM King Juan Carlos I Spain 5 Jan 1938 22 Nov 1975 (31)
14. HH Emir Jabir Al Sabah Kuwait 29 Jun 1926 31 Dec 1977 (29)
15. HM Queen Beatrix Netherlands 31 Jan 1938 30 Apr 1980 (26)
16. HM King Mswati III Swaziland 19 Apr 1968 25 Apr 1986 (20)
17. HM Emperor Akihito Japan 23 Dec 1933 7 Jan 1989 (17)
18. HSH Prince Hans-Adam II Liechtenstein 14 Feb 1945 13 Nov 1989 (17)
19. HM King Letsie III Lesotho 17 Jul 1963 12 Nov 1990 (16)
20. HM King Harald V Norway 21 Feb 1937 17 Jan 1991 (15)
21. HM King Albert II Belgium 6 Jun 1934 9 Aug 1993 (13)
22. HH Emir Hamad ibn Khalifa Al Thani Qatar 1950 27 Jun 1995 (11)
23. HM King Abdullah II Jordan 30 Jan 1962 7 Feb 1999 (7)
24. HM King Isa ibn Salman al-Khalifa Bahrein 28 Jan 1950 6 Mar 1999 (7)
25. HM King Mohammed VI Morocco 21 Aug 1963 23 Jul 1999 (7)
26. HRH Grand Duke Henri Luxembourg 16 Apr 1955 7 Oct 2000 (6)
27. HM King Gyanendra Nepal 7 Jul 1947 4 Jun 2001 (5)
28. HM Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Malaysia 1943 13 Dec 2001 (5)
29. HM King Norodom Sihamoni Cambodia 14 May 1953 14 Oct 2004 (2)
30. HSH Prince Albert II Monaco 14 Mar 1958 6 Apr 2005 (1)
31. HH Pope Benedict XVI Vatican 16 Apr 1927 19 Apr 2005 (1)
32. HM King Abdullah Saudi Arabia 1924 1 Aug 2005 (1)

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_reigning_monarchs"

January 5th, 2006, 04:26
but then he died yesterday....The ruler of the Gulf Arab emirate of Dubai and well-known international racehorse owner and breeder, Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid al-Maktoum, died yesterday during a private visit to the Gold Coast.

January 5th, 2006, 06:11
1 my grand daddy

2 grand mammy from Hedda

3 a bird, but i lost his name

cottmann
January 5th, 2006, 06:22
Oldest reigning monarch - Queen Elizabeth II - King Rama IX is the longest reigning monarch
Oldest reigning queeen - Queen Elizabeth II
"Who was the first to fly over the Atlantic ocean none stop" - another of Monty's tricky questions - note "over" not "across." Charles Lindbergh's was the first non-stop solo flight but not the first or even second non-stop flights, however. The first non-stop flight between islands on different sides of the Atlantic was on June 14-15, 1919. by Capt. John Alcock and Lieut. A.W. Brown of the United Kingdom in Vickers Vimy bomber, 1,960 nautical miles (3,630 km), from St. John's, Newfoundland to Clifden, Ireland, in 16 hours, 12 minutes. (On July 1919. Major George Herbert Scott of the Royal Air Force with his crew and passengers flies from East Fortune, Scotland to Mineola, Long Island in an airship R34, covering a distance of about 3,000 statute miles (4,800 km) in about four and a half days, the first East-West transatlantic flight, then he made a return trip to England.) The first non-stop flight from the continental landmasses was on October 1924, when the Zeppelin airship ZR-3 (LZ-126) flew from Germany to New Jersey with a crew commanded by Dr. Hugo Eckener, covering a distance of about 4,000 statute miles (6,400 km). This was the first nonstop aircraft flight between the European and American mainlands.

January 5th, 2006, 06:30
Hey Cottman, aft her your study, i sure i loose my weekend, but question 2 real not the grand mammy from Hedda ?

January 5th, 2006, 06:45
The questions are ambiquous

It can refer to the AGE of the reign or the AGE of the Monarch

Both answers Cottamann (and mine) are correct given interpretation of the English language

I am sure balziel will attest to this

If I win please donate the equivalent cash amount to Dr Philippe and email the receipt to Hedda - just for transparancy of donations

January 5th, 2006, 06:52
Hey Monty , lets have a weekend for 2 Uncle Fugus and Cottman, at the same table, i sponsor the candle !

January 5th, 2006, 07:06
Thank you for - 3, yes i forgot a N , Uncle Fu N gus

January 5th, 2006, 07:22
Ai ai ai, Ungle fu N gus , in my bad English i have seen you giving a A to much , it is Cottmann and not Cott A mann .
Oi oi oi, even Baziel see this

January 5th, 2006, 07:29
And it is not ba L ziel but baziel, even baziel see this

January 5th, 2006, 07:32
But i still sponsor the candle !

January 5th, 2006, 14:39
Thank you for - 3, yes i forgot a N , Uncle Fu N gus

Like those laundry soaps, Fug & Sug: If you can't Sug it, Fug it!

January 5th, 2006, 14:52
BAZIEL ! Children should be seen and not heard.

Actually Baziel I was hoping you would win MONTYS pissup weekend away ,so that way you can shout me the beer you promised.

Apparently the winner will recieve a private audience in your room with MONTY personally singing his greatest hits "There once was a house in New Orleans" and my favourite "Kingston Town".Feel free to ask MONTY to sing you these songs,his singing of "house in new orleans" is superb.

Then ask him to sing his favourite song " I come from the land downunder" ,a song MONTY loves to sing.

January 5th, 2006, 16:02
Well, seems like all the information was in Uncle FungusтАЩs listтАжтАж

1, Who is the oldest reigning monarch in the world.

Ans: HM King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV Tonga, born: 4 Jul 1918, succeeded: 15 Dec 1965 (41)
unless you count: HH Head of State Malietoa Tanumafili II Samoa, born: 4 Jan 1913,
succeeded: 1 Jan 1962 (44), older, but not a King, so not тАЬreigningтАЭ

2, Who is the oldest reigning Queen. ( and DO NOT say Hedda )

Ans: HM Queen Elizabeth II United Kingdom, born: 21 Apr 1926, succeeded: 6 Feb 1952 (54)

3 , Who was the first to fly over the Atlantic ocean none stop.

Ans: British aviators Alcock and Brown (Captain John Alcock and Lieutenant Arthur Whitten Brown) made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1919.

January 5th, 2006, 17:00
I suppose then that the argument could be made that in 1918 he was not a King - he only became a King in 1965.

So Uncle Fungus would then be correct in his interpretation that the Reign only begins on Coronation - not at birth (the interpretaion being the Oldest Reigning Monarch - not the Oldest Reigning Monarch)

And if that is the interpretation that is taken then my answers were the first correct

Like Uncle F I too would like to donate my prize to Dr Philippe

Over to you Monty

January 5th, 2006, 18:20
How long must this soap go on ? Mister Sydney like to drink his beer at Monty's , i offer him aft her his duet white Monty, and even a second beer if the people get amused . But mister Sydney, you real not get me so far , i bring you into my room , i like to keep my toilet clean.

But i am agree mister Sydney that song "down under" is the greatest import we had in Europe from Australia.

In Belgium, we sing : I still not go home my mom is not at home.

Any popularity over there ?

January 5th, 2006, 22:56
No Balziel,never heard that song,cant go mom is not home song.
Cant imagine a bunch of shirtless tattooed aussies with a cold beer in hand singing that one around their mates.

I hope MONTY doesnt put his prices up now his popularity is going up.

January 5th, 2006, 23:12
I was joking mister Sydney, seems you now Monty, i think it is nice he offer some off us ( the winners ) a free weekend, but i do not now Monty has a hotel or a restaurant. If there is a restaurant ma be the food is good, you can tell me ?

Do not go piss on Monty now , mister Sydney, just tell me , a place to be or not ?

January 6th, 2006, 11:32
Yes Baziel the food is great,i dunno about pissing on Monty ,I meant gettin on the piss (aussie slang for beer) at Montys.You really should be learning the Aussie language Baziel,i bet your just a big sheila arent you.

You would love MONTYS,its a small boutique type hotel with a cafe downstairs.More than enough food,I had soup then meat and vegies and dessert for about 120b i think it was back then and i couldnt eat it all.

I would say MONTYS is the best small hotel in Pattaya and i have been to a lot.Some blokes dont like it because they reckon that theres no privacy when you bring boys back and everyone in the cafe will see.But I stayed at HOWARDS on my last trip and found out when i brought a ladyboy down to the Howards cafe with a dog collar on everyone looked,but when i brought my ex BF down the stairs at Montys with his DOg collar on,people stopped to look but immediately went back to talking.
What do you blokes want ,? a backdoor?

I always found the rooms clean,but best of all at MONTYS ,they dont clean the rooms till about 4pm ,so suits me.I have no trouble reccomending MONTYS HOTEL to my straight friends.In fact there was a couple of straight blokes staying there when i was there.I even brought a couple of spunky thai girls back to my room,and no one downstairs blinked an eye.

January 6th, 2006, 22:22
As i just escape from my Belgium drag queen and his snake boy sisters, " they are cleaning the house for a important celebration on Monday ". Seem to me they all infected bey the same cleaning virus . Jabbering to me, can you do this , can you do that. I ( :idea: ) remember i have to send a very very important e-mail to a very important Australian person and escape in my computer room . You are my wonder boy today mister Sydney and very use full . Thanks . As i listening to the radio hearing Elton John " (playing monopoly now in Venice Italy white his love bird )", singing that song " I remember Belgium. lets me dream drinking a a cool beer at Monty's in the middle off shit village. "I remember Belgium ", soon i will love that song even a lot more as i do now .

But my Belgium boy queen was waiting 25 years before he can put my name on his passport, a lot off pat-ions i agree, but i wonder if Elton John had to stand that cleaning stuff before marriage ?

So mister Sydney very nice you make promotion for Monty, and i real go there for a drink and some food, but scaring a Little bit as i can't remember where you eat that dog !

You are going to Pattaya in April and i be gone in mars , i will missing that look on your tattoos and piercings that lovely colonel uniform and other equipment you are bringing to Thailand !

Most off all i feel sad "Bey bey weekend at Monty's" as we not been there at the same time. But Monty did not talk about a time limit and we both have a long fut-er waiting, mister Sydney. One day we be together MATE !