PDA

View Full Version : What is the exchange rate GBP to Thai Baht in Thailand

December 2nd, 2008, 00:02
The rate being shown in UK exchanges is 53.2.

December 2nd, 2008, 00:33
Today's big joke is that the some in the Brit. Govt are now admitting that had they joined the Euro much of the blood letting wouldn't have happened.

December 2nd, 2008, 04:32
Today's big joke is that the some in the Brit. Govt are now admitting that had they joined the Euro much of the blood letting wouldn't have happened.

Mai cow jai the above, could you please elaborate.

With regard to your question Travelman, on the rate of exchange for the pound against the Baht, on using the ATM machine today, I received the rate of 54.2454 from my bank in the UK, whereas the Bank of Bangkok was giving a similar rate to the one you have quoted of 53.29.

Cheers,

George.

December 2nd, 2008, 05:03
Dear Buddha George, that's a beautiful face you have as your avvy. :cheers:

It was reported in the Telegraph quoting comments coming from France. I can't add more than this.

December 2nd, 2008, 10:27

It was reported in the Telegraph quoting comments coming from France. I can't add more than this.

Thanks for that Dek Wat. With regard to the beautiful face in my avvy, it is the face that belongs to my b/f Noom. Below is the rest of that particular photograph, which he has given me his permission to post here. It's a picture that used to hang in the VIP room of our club and I can tell you, that it now hangs somewhere in my house, although I wont tell you exactly where. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/Wink.gif

Cheers,

George.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/Noom-1.jpg

December 2nd, 2008, 13:33
Hi George

The reason for the question, is that there is very often a difference between what we can get for GBP in the UK

and when in certain countries abroad.

I am coming back to Thailand in Feb/Mar for about three months and wondered what the difference was at the moment

I have to agree beautiful young man. :angel13:

David

Aunty
December 2nd, 2008, 13:56

Thanks for that Dek Wat. With regard to the beautiful face in my avvy, it is the face that belongs to my b/f Noom. Below is the rest of that particular photograph, which he has given me his permission to post here. It's a picture that used to hang in the VIP room of our club and I can tell you, that it now hangs somewhere in my house, although I wont tell you exactly where.

Cheers,

George.

On the ceiling, next to the mirrors?

December 2nd, 2008, 14:08
Normally, the exchange rate you can get inside Thailand by bringing foreign currency into the country is better than the rate you can get at UK banks or airport exchanges in the UK (and there is no commission payable) The rate is usally at least 2 baht per pound better.

However, sometimes the reverse is true, as it is at the moment.

Right now, XE . com (www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi (http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi)) is showing a reate of 53.04, whereas Bangkok Bank is showing a rate of 51.91. www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Personal+Banking/Foreign+Exchange/FX+Rates/default.htm (http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Personal+Banking/Foreign+Exchange/FX+Rates/default.htm)

This would imply to me that the world sees the baht as over valued, but Thailand is trying to prop it up. I am sure others can explain the differene between offshore and onshore rates better than I can.

December 2nd, 2008, 16:26
Hi George

The reason for the question, is that there is very often a difference between what we can get for GBP in the UK

and when in certain countries abroad.

I am coming back to Thailand in Feb/Mar for about three months and wondered what the difference was at the moment

I have to agree beautiful young man. :angel13:

David

Coming back to Thailand in Feb/March next year.......Why the fuck would you be asking exchange rates now???????
have a look at the overnight currency markets and buy when the GBP is strong, even that is no guarantee that the THB will offer you the value in 3 months time. In case you didn't know (God bless him) there are many accurate online currency sites available most of which would be better than the drivvle you will find here!

December 2nd, 2008, 18:18
Never never change any money in the GB, you don't need any Baht as you kno9w till you have got through the gates.
It was hanging around 54 the last few days. I would have thought with all the trouble the Baht may have fallen, but it seems as strong as ever. It just goes to show you, how you cant predict the exchange rate!

December 2nd, 2008, 18:26

Thanks for that Dek Wat. With regard to the beautiful face in my avvy, it is the face that belongs to my b/f Noom. Below is the rest of that particular photograph, which he has given me his permission to post here. It's a picture that used to hang in the VIP room of our club and I can tell you, that it now hangs somewhere in my house, although I wont tell you exactly where.

Cheers,

George.

On the ceiling, next to the mirrors?

Bitch, how the f*** could you have possibly known that? http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/Wink.gif

Cheers Auntie,

George.