PDA

View Full Version : Rama IV Night Life

Surfcrest
March 24th, 2006, 11:25
If you have ever walked down Rama IV at night between Silom and Suriwong, youтАЩll notice many freelance operators working out front of the Pan Pacific Hotel and near MyWay bar.

This is a buyerтАЩs beware adventure. You have to ask yourself why these guys arenтАЩt working in a bar or massage place, rather than here. By picking one of these guys up you take the risk that this fellow isnтАЩt working in a bar because heтАЩs not healthy enough to (physically ? mentally) or honest enough to (thatтАЩs not saying a whole lot in Pat Pong тАУ but there you have it).
If you take a guy home and you find yourself robbed or drugged or worseтАжthese are the risks at playing the freelance market in this area.

On a brighter note though, there is a guy with a table set up selling some interesting magazines for 350 baht each.

Surfcrest

wowpow
March 24th, 2006, 12:18
The good news about this area is that the underage lads that used haunt the stairs of Robinson's have not been there for a long time. Sadly the Police have been hassling the hustlers on Rama IV and their numbers are much depleted. I think that the warnings of dire consequences if you off a guy from there are vastly overstated both in terms of health and honesty. I have never read or heard of any problems caused by boys from this place - Central Silom, Dongtan Beach and several bars Yes but not Rama IV. I have met several guys there who have been charming. Everywhere is AYOR and this may be a little more than some.

Guys work there for several reasons. Some have day jobs. Some go there after their bar closes. Some are models and stuntmen and cannot work in a bar as they won't get any work if it is known. Some just like the freedom of going there when they please and don't want the regular hours of a bar.

A note for the cheap Charlies - there is no off fee on Rama IV and the guys will usually ask for 700 to 800 baht. I was once asked by a very attractive boy to take him to my room and only pay Bt200. He worked in a bar on Suckhumvit but told me they had no customers.He was gorgeous though poorly dressed. He left a cock ring in my bed. I saw him once after and promised to bring it next time but I have never seen him again. That's the one and only time I have found a Thai boy with suchlike.

TrongpaiExpat
March 24th, 2006, 19:31
Over the years as I pass by that place, I seem to attract the attention of those boys, must be the way I walk. Anyway, I have never off'ed any, but have spoke to many. They all have different stories, some are of age, some are not, some have other jobs, some are from Lao. Some will tell you what ever they think you want to hear. One told me he was 16, looked more like late 20's and another said 18 and looked more like 14.

Sometimes I get the line" take me, I am hungry" as they rub their stomach. Every time I get that line, I offer to buy them some food at one of the Thai food stalls. Maybe one in three will take that offer.

dab69
March 24th, 2006, 20:46
still wishing I had bought the stainless range hood at Robinsons and converted to 110v.
Anyone know how much - $380+ in USA, but I had never seen one with a touch of glass also.

Outside during the day a lady selling vegetables had a gym bag containing a
wire cage and pure white adolescent looking bunny- so adorable! hope it wasn't
a side/main dish for the vegetables!