PDA

View Full Version : Thai cancells all December flights

December 1st, 2008, 12:34
Per the THai airways webpage.. Anyone holding tickets for flights in/out of BKK from now until dec 31, those tickets are cancelled, and flights must be rebooked, with those that have missed earlier flights getting preference for rebooking. I"m holding tickets for the BF and I on Thai to Sydney on January 1st. I'm pretty sure that will be cancelled too.
I have very little confidence my EVA reservation from TPE to BKK on Dec 22 will happen either. I'll probably just wait and move my vacation to March or April (assuming Thailand doesn't descend into anarchy...).

Marsilius
December 1st, 2008, 12:49
I was about to say the same thing. I've searched - and can't see anything to that effect.

Sen Yai
December 1st, 2008, 13:42
Here's the statement:

THAI Requests Passengers to Re-book Reservations
Due to the Airports of Thailand (AOT)тАЩs announcement on the closure of Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang International Airports since 25 November 2008, THAI had to temporary suspend its inbound and outbound flights at the two airports and rescheduled its flights in order to facilitate inconvenienced passengers.

THAI requests passengers with ticket reservations before 25 November 2008, traveling during 25 November тАУ 31 December 2008, to contact THAIтАЩs reservation and ticketing offices to re-book their reservations, namely THAIтАЩs Head Office on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, THAIтАЩs Larn Luang Office and THAIтАЩs Silom Office at BUI Building, opposite AIA Building on Suriwongse Road.

For further information and reservation, passengers may contact tel. 02-356-1111 or for other assistance at tel. 02-545-4000.

Check the announcement page for 30th Nov:www.thaiair.com/Homepage/announce/sbia_situation_30nov.htm (http://www.thaiair.com/Homepage/announce/sbia_situation_30nov.htm)

pong
December 1st, 2008, 13:59
so the better woridng would have been
TG=THAI cancels all RESERVATIONS for the current month of december. NOT the flights-though many of them will be cancelled.
Sending out only half full planes when there are so few slots and many waiting to get out is of course good bisnis practice.
And that way they get a fresh new list of current adreses etc-opften missing in the original PNR