PDA

View Full Version : Is the PAD a terrorist organization?

December 1st, 2008, 01:38
The question says it all.

December 1st, 2008, 02:37
It looks like many on this board, dont know what a terrorist organization is. (okay only 5 have
voted until now)

Terrorists wants to kill innocent people, and as many as possible. The airplanes flying into the twin towers was a terrorist act, so was the bombs in Madrid and London against the public transport systems, not to speak of what just have happended in Mumbai.

You can like and agree with PAD and their acts, or not, but in the defination it is not a terrorist organization.

gearguy
December 1st, 2008, 03:39
a terrorist is anybody he says is one.

The Grand Unification Bush Doctrine is then, I guess,
a terrorist is anyone anybody says is one.

And we know the answer is 42.

December 1st, 2008, 06:31
A lawyer friend in Bangkok told me on the phone yesterday that under Thai law taking over the airport is an act of terrorism, therefore the PAD is a terrorist organization. This last week has made me reconsider my plans to set up an apartment in Pattaya. I think I'm better off sticking to the boys here in Singapore.

Wesley
December 1st, 2008, 09:02
It looks like many on this board, dont know what a terrorist organization is. (okay only 5 have
voted until now)

Terrorists wants to kill innocent people, and as many as possible. The airplanes flying into the twin towers was a terrorist act, so was the bombs in Madrid and London against the public transport systems, not to speak of what just have happended in Mumbai.

You can like and agree with PAD and their acts, or not, but in the defination it is not a terrorist organization.

I would dare say those stuck in Thailand feel like they are being terrorized in a mental way, which can be as bad as physical terror in many ways, think they are stuck and or people that have paid for trips can't get in, Terror is not just the need to kill, but to disrupt the daily movents or econimic system of a country by force. I definitly consider this to be more than just a day out in the Airport.

Wes

December 1st, 2008, 09:12
wikipedia

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. There is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism. Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war. The history of such conflicts indicates that regardless of any stated position, however extreme that may be, organizations do not select "terrorism" for its political effectiveness; and so, terrorism can also be seen as a form of unconventional warfare or psychological warfare. The word is politically and emotionally charged, and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. One 1988 study by the US Army found that over 100 definitions of the word "terrorism" have been used. A person who practices terrorism is a terrorist. The concept of terrorism is itself controversial because it is often used by states to delegitimize political opponents, and thus legitimize the state's own use of terror against those opponents.

Terrorism has been used by a broad array of political organizations in furthering their objectives; both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalistic, and religious groups, revolutionaries and ruling governments. The presence of non-state actors in widespread armed conflict has created controversy regarding the application of the laws of war.

While acts of terrorism are criminal acts as per the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1373 and domestic jurisprudence of almost all countries in the world, terrorism refers to a phenomenon including the actual acts, the perpetrators of acts of terrorism themselves and their motives. There is disagreement on definitions of terrorism.

December 2nd, 2008, 05:37
And after the bombs in Duang Muang and other grenates and bombs in the city it looks like the "reds" are in fact the terrorist organzsation in BKK today.

netrix
December 2nd, 2008, 10:45
voted until now)

So using violence to take over Government House, Don Muang, and Suwanabhumi, and using firearms against the police and those that oppose them, is not an act of terrorism?

No! an act of violence, or agression, or stupidity...is not the same
as an act of terrorism.

netrix
December 2nd, 2008, 10:47
voted until now)

I would dare say those stuck in Thailand feel like they are being terrorized in a mental way, which can be as bad as physical terror in many ways, think they are stuck and or people that have paid for trips can't get in, Terror is not just the need to kill, but to disrupt the daily movents or econimic system of a country by force. I definitly consider this to be more than just a day out in the Airport.

Wes

I would say suffering through the katoey shows in boyztown is
more mental terrorism than being stuck in bkk.