PDA

View Full Version : stranded in phuket

November 30th, 2008, 10:54
everbody is talking about stranded people in Bankok.

I am trying to get back to bangkok\pattaya from phuket since thursday...
Seems like all means of transport are either full until the 5th of december (bangkok airways says they are full until the 6th now and have more than 20 people on the waiting list and even more people stand by at the airport so no chance to leave that way) or blocked. Not even cars can be hired
any suggestion how I could make it up there without spending 15.000 Baht on a taxiride which was already suggestet?
does this 2000 Baht also apply for localy stranded people? :)

Is anyone of you guys in Phuket right now, who wants to drink a beer together tonite and show me around a little bit?

yeah I┬┤ve been told already why dont you just relax and enjoy an extra holiday, but there are a few matters I need to attend to up there.

Anyway thanks for suggestions
MaX

November 30th, 2008, 12:27
I found my flight cancelled on 26.11.08. I booked BKk to Hat Yai for 27.11.08 from Don Mueng. Woke up 27.11.08 told that was cancelled too. Managed to catch the last seat from U-Tapao to Samui and thanks to a good friend l managed to get back to Malaysia. If you can't get a Bangkok Airways flight to U-Tapao then get to Hat Yai by bus. From there there are buses to BKK or you could take a train to BKk form Hat Yai.

Where do you get a ticket in Phuket for Hat Yai go to Club 17 in Patong near Baumanburi Hotel and get them to book for you.

Davey612
November 30th, 2008, 20:20
Being in Phuket is nice.
Going to Bangkok, you have so many choices of first and second class busses. Just go to the bus terminal in Phuket city.

You can also use the train.

Worst case? Keep going south or east. There are bus/train terminals at Krabi, Tran. Can visit Hatyai and then bus north. etc. etc.

December 1st, 2008, 06:51
... I bet the locals are "milking it".