PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Far Islands

November 30th, 2008, 03:37
Hi
Anyone been to the Far Islands (Ko Rin, Ko Man Wichai, Ko Hua Chang, and Ko Badan), located offshore directly west of Pattaya?
Im not really into Scuba Diving. Are they worth a visit just to go to the beach? If so which one?
Is there a regular boat service from Bali High Pier, or do you need to rent a speedboat? If so how much.
Ive been to Ko Lahn several times and fancy a change...
G

November 30th, 2008, 23:09
In order:

Yes, no, none (most are rocks), no, yes, 2,000-8,000 baht

December 1st, 2008, 02:25
Susinkt and to the point....thanks!
I'll go to Ko Larn again!!
G

December 1st, 2008, 21:45
gerefan,

if you have the time, why not take a drive down towards the Cambodian border check point at Had Lek. Route 318 goes along the beach, which to me is better than Phuket, and you could visit the Trat islands around Koh Chang - Koh Chang is being developed, but is far from spoilt, and Koh Kood and Koh Mak and the smaller islands there are glorious, as is Koh Kong just across the border in Cambodia. The only thing you may need to take with you is some company.

bruce_nyc
July 5th, 2012, 23:53
Here I go resurrecting an old topic again...

Is this advice still the best advice for beautiful beaches (short of flying south to the islands like Koh Phi Phi)?

joe552
July 6th, 2012, 01:02
Pattaya has off-shore islands? Who knew? :dontknow:

I've been to Koh Larn which is fine for a day trip, but don't know about the others, sorry.

zubes
July 13th, 2012, 03:35
Been to most of them on diving trips, a mixture of privately owned no landing allowed to others owned by the military and landing on the beach allowed but no exploring, one of them is actually used for jungle training and the students observe you from their position.only ever saw dive boats and private hire boats out there, no ferrys.

anonone
July 13th, 2012, 04:10
An island with no fairies...well I am not going.

Oh wait, you mean boats.

:kermit: