PDA

View Full Version : list owners and moderators saturation posts

lonelywombat
November 29th, 2008, 16:44
I rarely go to other boards but when I do it gets up my nostril the number of inane posts initiated by other forum owners and moderators

I wont mention anyone by name ATM ,but it seems that owners post a thread, moderator replies and owner replies and so on

I will be more specific if it continues. most of these threads are like " does the sun rise in the east where you live"

Examples are easy to find and with cut and paste available, maybe this could be interesting., or embarassing.

November 29th, 2008, 18:30
I rarely go to other boards but when I do it gets up my nostril the number of inane posts initiated by other forum owners and moderators

I wont mention anyone by name ATM ,but it seems that owners post a thread, moderator replies and owner replies and so on

I will be more specific if it continues. most of these threads are like " does the sun rise in the east where you live"

Examples are easy to find and with cut and paste available, maybe this could be interesting., or embarassing.

Speaking of inane posts have you read some of yours? Including this one of yours.

catawampuscat
November 30th, 2008, 00:20
Every forum has its own style and personality. SGT has some spice and vinegar and a wide
range of posters. Others are far more insular and one even has one of the owners
with more than one handle but same style and obviously the same interests..
He can even talk to himself if his moderator doesn't jump in..
It serves no purpose to name names but we all have the choice to go where we want
and read what interests us..

looneytunes intolerance would not pass muster over at GayTingTong and maybe that is
a good thing. lonelywombat is one of the more interesting posters on this forum and the
same cannot be said for looneytunes.
I feel a little looney posting on this but it could have been an interesting thread if it wasn't
shortcircuited and moved.. and then again maybe not..
:cat: pattayapassion anyone?

netrix
November 30th, 2008, 17:46

the purpose of any post on any forum is to inform or entertain
or to simply encourage conversation.

i don't know if those posters on other forums are so "inane"
as you say...it seems they've accomplished their mission on
not only the other forum, but on this one as well, thanks to you.

November 30th, 2008, 17:52
Speaking of inane posts have you read some of yours? Including this one of yours.
My initial and continuing reaction exactly, especially the final comment!.

November 30th, 2008, 21:07
I will be more specific if it continues.

Why? If you want to criticise other boards, why not do so on other boards?

Wesley
December 1st, 2008, 08:56
I have been going to the other boards for a few miniutes each day and if there is anythign I see interesting I comment. I find as they, say not all topics are for everyone, but the same as SGT I skip over the stuff I am not interested in just as I do there, its just that here there is more to pass over or more to post on since theier is such a varied list of posters. I would dare say I am treated better on the other boards and with a better repect than here. However, as one poster put it here you get a bit of Vinigar mixed with oil. I can say I let a few slip by here that shouldn't and if I were on the other boads I would not feel welcome at all to take up a critical voice unless it was truly warented. I find them trying to be interesting and fun. So, I post on them all excet the GT forum and the crazy gaybutton threads.

Wes