PDA

View Full Version : Deposits and Bookings

1PR4BKK
November 29th, 2008, 09:53
Earlier this year I booked a room at an apartment complex in Pattaya. In March 2008, I personal went to the apartment complex and deposit of 5,000 THB for a one-bedroom apartment; I received a receipt and flew back to my home country believing that all was in order for my upcoming trip. I was preparing for my trip to Thailand and called the property to give them flight information, arrival time to resort, etc, they say, тАЬWe do not have booking for you. We are new owners of resort and your booking must have been cancel. We are now fully booked and you have to contact old owners for your money.тАЭ I would have been more upset had I arrive in Pattaya with my luggage after a long journey to hear there is not room for me at the inn. Has this happened to anyone before and what recourse might I have?

November 29th, 2008, 15:54
Next time pay a smaller deposit.

jolyjacktar
November 29th, 2008, 16:21
This is why if a hotel or Apartment complex ask for money up front i just walk away from them. Im prepaired to give a deposit of a couple of nights rent as this both shows that your serious and protects the complex in case of no show. Never pay for all in advance. If i remember right i think Mosaik apartments do this practice of wanting you to send them all the money up front, NO WAY.

joe552
November 30th, 2008, 02:34
I would never pay for my full stay in advance - if really necessary, I will pay a deposit, enough to cover the first night's stay. I deal with hotels in Thailand (and Cambodia) directly, and have never been asked for a deposit - except by 1 hotel, which I decided not to book. I work in the hotel industry in Ireland, and a deposit of 10% would be the maximum required, usually a credit card number is all that's needed to guarantee a reservation.

As for getting your money back, I suspect you have little chance. Another learning experience.