PDA

View Full Version : Monty's Place in Pattaya

bucknaway
November 29th, 2008, 02:01
I am sure that I wrote something in an old post about my stopping to meet Monty after having said that I would be hard pressed to stop in a place called Monty's in Thailand if only because as a visitor I want to experience all things Thai and an establishment under the name Monty would not qualify.

Well I went to Monty's to see the show, but there was a nagging draw of the lights, the bustle of boys, farang and gawkers alike just leisurely walking the streets of Boyztown and Sunee Plaza. After all... I knew those places because I often went to their websites and looked at their pictures. Anyway, while on that small "Up and coming" street, I often felt as if I was missing out.

I wanted the glitz and glam of the popular areas! I wanted the street food vendors to be there as I needed them as they are in Boyztown and Sunee. It did not matter if the guys were cuter or if the bar was more comfortable and met my needs. I wanted to be where the people were!

I want the freelancers to flirt with me. I want the guys on the street who are only a few feet away to welcome me... Not yell at me from long distances when I can't even make out what they look like. If I sit out for a drink, I want it to be like Dicks Cafe in BKK. I want to be right on the street of the hustle and bustle but back enough to be left alone.

I bet that if you could pick up Monty's place and move it to Sunee Plaza.... It would be more successful than it already is!

I was going to add what I think would be good advice but I don't want to be rude. So I deleted it in this post.

Why am I writing about Monty's in the first place? Well.... it is the only business on that street that I remember. Oh, there was Posiden but it was too expensive for me.....

That is one thing that area could use is a gay hotel or guesthouse with reasonable rates. I don't think any fancy hotel on that street, so far from the action will make it for very long.

November 29th, 2008, 06:52
I gather from responses to one of his prolific postings - the one about visitors - that Mr Bucknaway is not currently in Thailand. If he returns soon, I think he will be pleasantly surprised that there are now quite a lot of gay or gay oriented bars, cafes, saunas, shows and restaurants in Jomtien Complex, which is where Monty's is currently situated. There is even a Dick's Cafe and food stalls. carts or whatever do travel around. If Mr Bucknaway, and anybody else, arrive quite soon, I hope they will be able to enjoy themselves. If they leave their trips too long, then most of the tourist facilities in Thailand may be in pretty bad shape for a while.

jolyjacktar
November 29th, 2008, 16:40
That of course if you can get into the country!!!

TrongpaiExpat
November 29th, 2008, 19:54
Nice to you are back posting bucknaway. My guess is that you're planing a trip to Thailand soon?

bucknaway
November 29th, 2008, 21:51
I would like to visit Thailand again soon but I have been talking with friends about visiting Columbia or the Dominican Republic. I may come to Thailand in late 09 or the middle of 2010.