PDA

View Full Version : Transfer from Chiang Mai to Pattaya

Irish1972
November 29th, 2008, 00:11
Hello all,

I have a friend booked to arrive on Tuesday next, his flight has been re-directed to Chiang Mai, I am wondering does anyone know of any flights from Chiang Mai to U-Tapao?

I know there is no scheduled Flights but I thought under the current circumstances there may a shuttle service?

Any ideas?

thanks

pong
November 29th, 2008, 07:55
no direct flight for that-and there never have been either
shuttle for over 800 kms seems a bit too far to me
as long as BKK remains effectively closed (remember; in your country there most likely also have been strikes to the very same effect) overland is the only viable option-expect full trains+buses as all fligts are off
By magic once you have arrived the occupation may have ceased-so ask after arrival at CNX anyway there frist, good bus direct BKK-Swampy to PTY. But if thats a diverted flight from BKK-ask the airline-who knows they have even had some plan for it.
Some 3-4 nighttrains run CNX-BKK-with sleepers. effectively unable to book online beforehand from outside of Thaild
Also some 30-40 luxury overnight buses run CNX-BKK (big Mochit busstation)-with direct onward buses to PTY. In normal times you just go to buststation and buy a ticket-but with all flights off this may seem risky now.
CNX has also plenty to offer for the gay tourist-in a more mellow and relaxed sfere too as PTY. no boystown though and no beach. You may ven start to go to like it more there