PDA

View Full Version : Soi Twilight or Soi Duangthawee Plaza (The Boys)

Surfcrest
March 24th, 2006, 10:27
Bangkok Guide Resource Confusion

If you are in Bangkok and have picked any of the handy gay guide resources for Bangkok, most specifically Soi Twilight or Soi Duangthawee Plaza (The Boys) you will find they arenтАЩt very accurate.

I picked up a copy of the guide / map called тАЬThe Max GuideтАЭ (March 2006) Edition. It makes a pretty handy mat to wash your small dog on, but apart from that it is truly useless. The only listings it gives on Soi Twilight are for The Boy, Twilight, Bonny Massage (Spelled wrong should be Bunny) and Dicks (The only one that is correct).

The current Gay Guide Bangkok (February 2006 Edition) is also inaccurate. The best resource would probably be Sticky Rice, the brand new Edition which also is not correct.

Here is a listing of Soi Twilight as of Friday March 24, 2006. If you are reading this thread long after this date, it too may not be fully accurate. The Soi runs North North East, or almost north with a slight tilt to the east. For descriptive purposes, lets say that the Soi runs north from Surawong and IтАЩll list in order (From Suriwong) what establishments there are.

Hotmale (Formerly Twilight) Upstairs
Bar Lover (Pub) Ground level
Opal Salon (ThatтАЩs Salon not Saloon:)
J. House (Rooms)
The Boys (Ground level)
Dream Boys (Upstairs)
Fresh Boy
Purim (Hair / Nails etc)
Nut Beauty (Hair / Nails etc)
Grace Beauty (Hair)
Restaurant (The name is in Thai)
Classic Boys (Ground level on the corner)
Balls (Pub / Ground level) Around the bend

On the west side of the Soi running north from Suriwong;

Banana (Pub)
X Boys Thailand (Ground level)
X Man (Upstairs)
Fresh Beach Boys
Bunny Massage (Upstairs)
Dicks
Future Boys (Ground level)

There is more building frontage after Future boys, but nothing of interest.
I believe Boys of Bangkok has moved around in the Soi and last year I believe it was where Future Beach Boys are now. I believe the BBB Group also runs Future Boys.
The same group that runs тАЬThe BoysтАЭ operates тАЬFresh BoysтАЭ.

I hope this is an accurate description of Soi Duangthawee Plaza for anyone going down there. ItтАЩs difficult to know where you are going and where you have been with all the gangsters literally pulling you into this club or that. I feel a little sorry for Classic down on the end. Many would never make it that far.

Surfcrest

wowpow
March 24th, 2006, 10:40
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/SilomMapStickyRice.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/SilomMapKey.jpg

Obviously not to scale but the best map of this whole area that I have seen to date. Congratulations to the Sticky Rice team!

As far as I know The BBB Group Operate Dream Boys, The Boys (previously Boys Bangkok) The BBB Inn, Freeman's Disco and Andy's massage. http://thaiboy.net/bbb/default.asp

Fresh Boys - new go-go and disco on ground floor - and Fresh Beach Boys are co-owned.

X- Men and X-Boys are co-owned and I believe Screwboys and X2 Sauna are in this, fast expanding, group

Future Boys, I believe to be independently owned

Is it Bunny Massage? I always thought it was BOnny but I have seen it called Bunny in two places above now?

Dick's Cafe, Balls Bar and Tarntawan Place are co-owned.

Hopefully all this lovely useful information can coalesce into fine maps for all.

I know that Sticky Rice are anxious to keep their maps up to date and will welcome any information to this end to info@stickyrice.ws

March 24th, 2006, 17:55
You have run into information that is out of date, or innaccurate, or maybe in special interest in Asia? I don't believe it!

Anyway, you're all wrong. It's Soi Pratoochai.

March 24th, 2006, 18:40
They seem to have conveniently left out the bars in Silom Soi 6 / Soi Thantawan. Seems like Thais aren't the only ones into censoring information around here...

bkkguy
March 24th, 2006, 20:09
They seem to have conveniently left out the bars in Silom Soi 6 / Soi Thantawan. Seems like Thais aren't the only ones into censoring information around here...

so what are 42, 53, 54 and 55 on the map? that leaves only 50% censorship!

As far as I know The BBB Group Operate Dream Boys, The Boys (previously Boys Bangkok) The BBB Inn, Freeman's Disco and Andy's massage. http://thaiboy.net/bbb/default.asp

Fresh Boys - new go-go and disco on ground floor - and Fresh Beach Boys are co-owned.

X- Men and X-Boys are co-owned and I believe Screwboys and X2 Sauna are in this, fast expanding, group

Future Boys, I believe to be independently owned

Is it Bunny Massage? I always thought it was BOnny but I have seen it called Bunny in two places above now?

yes, no, no, yes, yes

Fresh Boys - the old go-go upstairs and Fresh Beach Boys were co-owned and QPool and Screw Boys were associated with that group

Fresh Boys X - new go-go and disco on ground floor - is part of the fast growing X Group as is X-Men and X-Boys in Twilight and X-Boom off Soi 6 and whatever is open this week in the main X Building (which has not included X2 Sauna for a long time!)

and I always thought it was Bonny massage and the logo was a bunny in typical Thai fashion

and Surfcrest, Bar Lover is mainly aimed at straight Japanese ladies! (though some of the hosts are cute and list themselves on various gay sites - and there never seem to be any ladies about!)

bkkguy

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2006, 09:47
On Friday night I spent an enjoyable night at X Boys Thailand and was even able to be a part of the show briefly, in case you were there as well.

Anyhow, in speaking with the Mamasan again he / she was able to correct what he / she said that night before.
X Boys Thailand is not called the Boys of Bangkok nor is it a part of the BBB Group.
As Tee Pee and bkkguy say, X Boys Thailand is connected with the club upstairs (X Man) and there is no more bar called Boys of Bangkok.

I edited this from my original post at the airport, but didn't have time to elaborate farther.

The list of establishments is a geographic account of what is there gay or not. (i.e. beauty salons)
It's better to have an idea where everything is so you aren't wasting 200 baht or more / drink looking at something that doesn't interest you.

By the way, X Boys Thailand puts on a pretty good show with some of the better looking boys on the Soi.

Surfcrest