PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Psychologist in the country?

travelerjim
November 28th, 2008, 14:41
From Tha Nation:

The latest (as of Friday afternoon Nov 28th)
in efforts to retake the airports from PAD...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... d=30089697 (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30089697)

Police to launch psychological warfare
to weaken public support for PAD

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support
for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove
protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers
to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake
the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of
Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders
of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders
of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to
launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join
the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the government House.

They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and government
House as soon as possible.

---------------

tj

bucknaway
November 28th, 2008, 19:01
Send the Touts into the Airport to pester the PAD out!....
You want lady? You want lady?
You want boy?
Rolex, good price for you sir!
Buy Photo?

Or they can make a claim that the Police have a new gas they will use to oust the PAD. The gas simply makes your skin 5 shades darker! They will RUN!

bao-bao
November 28th, 2008, 21:33
That's the first laugh I've had about any of this so far, Bucky - thanks!

Something tells me that my flight won't be leaving on Monday after all and it's difficult to tell myself mai pen rai.

November 28th, 2008, 22:33
I wonder if this is the same police chief who has just been moved to an officially inactive post (as distinct from his previously unofficial inactive post)?

bucknaway
November 28th, 2008, 22:50
From the video links posted by Travelerjim -- the voilence, the small arm fire and the reports of explosions -- in the USA this would bring out the State and local police, SWAT, National Guard and Homeland Security -- to use non-lethal (for the most part) to clear the roads and push back protesters. There are many non-lethal weapons the Thai can use -- if they have them -- to clear the airport of the PAD.

Maybe one thing the Thai could learn from is having many forms of law enforcement. (If the Chief of police refuse to act in a crisis here in the USA, the Governor can call in the National Guard where the Governor is their chief.

November 29th, 2008, 00:31
Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to
launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join
the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the government House.
tj

That shouldn't take too long now!!! Maybe they could contract the JW's to do the work for them.