PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia London to Bangkok

November 26th, 2008, 18:15
Air Asia have launched a service between London (Stanstead) and Kaula Lumpur at some very cheap prices.
Connecting flights from Kaula Lumpur to Bangkok make the total, on a test that I did today, the whole journey about 28,000 Baht. return.
This price was for an offer booking before the 30th Nov 2008 and travelling between 11th Mar and 24th Oct 2009
There are 'XL' seats available at higher prices.

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

November 26th, 2008, 19:16
See Global Forum about flying from KL to BKK

"Air Asia London to KL and vice versa"

November 28th, 2008, 04:10
Air Asia have launched a service between London (Stanstead) and Kaula Lumpur at some very cheap prices.
Connecting flights from Kaula Lumpur to Bangkok make the total, on a test that I did today, the whole journey about 28,000 Baht. return.
This price was for an offer booking before the 30th Nov 2008 and travelling between 11th Mar and 24th Oct 2009

At 50baht/┬г = ┬г560 this isn't any cheaper than a regular flight with Emirates for example.
Plus, I presume, there will be no food or drinks included in the price.
All in all, this deal is nothing special.

:cheers:

lonelywombat
November 28th, 2008, 05:15

At 50baht/┬г = ┬г560 this isn't any cheaper than a regular flight with Emirates for example.
Plus, I presume, there will be no food or drinks included in the price.
All in all, this deal is nothing special.

:cheers:

The 560 pound is for XL seats. This is from the Tourism Malaysia webpage

Booking is open on AirAsiaтАЩs website beginning 25 November (at 12pm London time, 8pm Malaysia) for the five times weekly direct flights which will be for the travel period between 11 March and 24 October 2009. Fares start from as low as ┬г99 / RM499 for economy seats and ┬г549 / RM1,999 for XL seats respectively. Air travel from London to Malaysia typically costs in the region of ┬г500-┬г600 / RM2,520-RM3,024.

The new route will be serviced by an Airbus A340 aircraft with a 286 passenger capacity including 30 premium XL seats.

November 28th, 2008, 10:08
tried booking the cheap seats and the price is ┬г413

Then u have to pay for baggage ┬г20 for 20kg - ┬г50 for 25kg

then u have to pay for meals if you want to eat - ┬г15

gave up after that and didnt find out anything else they add on before paying.

pong
November 29th, 2008, 07:58
snapped up a single flight to LST right on the first day they opened booking-total came to 599 MYR-eco+luggage+meal incl=about 150 EUR. add another 50 eur or so for AirAsia BKK-KUL. not bad at all-but when I checked for late summer ex LST the lowest was 222 GBP=ex all the extra's

November 29th, 2008, 09:20
There were cheapies but now all gone. Unless you want to do business class which I feel is good value for money if you normally travel business, otherwise, there probably ain't much in it between other airlines. It will be a matter of time before Thai and Malaysia bring down their prices.

November 29th, 2008, 15:13
So apart from a very few bargain basement seats the offering doesnt compare well with the gulf based airlines who don't charge separately for meals, baggage and will check you through to your actual destination in SEA.

November 29th, 2008, 16:15
I bought my return ticket yesterday KL - London - KL. Yes I paid extra for seat allocation + baggage + food BUT total price was equal to 24,000 baht. Current on-line price with EVA for same dates next year is 43,000 baht.

November 29th, 2008, 22:40
I'm holding Etihad for ┬г440 London-Bangkok-London March/April. Hope the airport is open by then. I've got a freebie elsewher for Soakedkran but may change the dates if the current nonsense continues much longer.

December 10th, 2008, 14:56
if you are smart and know when those promotions start, you will almost ALWAYS be able to get an unbeatable cheapo-fare.
BTW: the deal is actually KUL - STN, so u cannot expect that BKK - STN is as cheap as from KUL.
but AirAsia-X is still a gift sent from heaven: a few weeks ago, I booked KUL - Melbourne (will travel October 2009) for as low as 75 Euro one-way (that was already including my checked-in luggage). so how can u beat this ?

December 10th, 2008, 15:44
so how can u beat this ?

Ehmmmm - by not going to Melbourne?

I thought this was a discussion about flight prices to Asia from London. Currently Air Asia are advertising London - KL on the tube at ┬г300 ONE WAY. OK, so you go to a better airport (complete with protestors) with great access at the London end from Liverpool Street but that price puts them in the "full service" price range, not the nickel and dime add-on operation, which is what they are.

atri1666
December 10th, 2008, 23:23
There is still a special offer with EVA for next year when you book till 31st december. Businessclass Amsterdam-Bangkok for 1529Euro or Evergreen de Luxe for 1259 Euro. Also Turkish airlines offers good price in businessclass from Athen for 1469 Euro.

December 13th, 2008, 11:09
Air Asia operate from Kuala Lumpur LCC terminal which is a tin shed like a cheap bus terminal. The place can be overcrowded, with shambolic announcements & no display boards regarding boarding times. .

I know this isn't a big factor if you save ┬г100s on the cost, but keep it in mind if you have to spend a few hours here as it's quite unpleasant.

Air Asia seemed OK.