PDA

View Full Version : U TAPAO TO SINGAPORE

November 23rd, 2008, 02:09
Does anyone know if there are any direct flights from U Tapao airport to Singapore? I checked Singapore Airlines and they do not seem to fly that route.

jinks
November 23rd, 2008, 02:15
Not direct 2 flights = Bangkok Air change at Koh Samui.

Sen Yai
November 23rd, 2008, 17:19
If I have interpreted the barely comprehensible mono-syllabic grunts from our 'moderator' correctly, he is suggesting the possibility of flying from U Tapao to Singapore via Koh Samui on Bangkok airways.

A quick check on their website reveals that at THB 21k return this has to be one of the most expensive ways possible to travel between the two points and, since the departing flights depart before the arriving flights arrive in each direction, this itinerary would require over night stays in Samui too.

One of the Singapore-based low cost airlines did offer a direct flight to U Tapao for a few months when they started in 2004, but this route was soon dropped through lack of interest.

It would be far better to take a taxi to Suvarnabhumi where you will have the choice of more than 20 scheduled flights each day to Singapore from a wide range of airlines including Thai, Singapore Airlines, Tiger Airways, JetStar, Air Asia, Cathay, Swiss and even Indian Airlines(!)

You might be interested to know that JetStar currently have a promotional fare of THB 4 one way (yes, that's just four baht) which unfortunately translates to THB 2k with taxes and surcharges, but this still gives a return ticket price of about THB 4k. The normal full fare on JetStar is THB 13.5k, which still compares very favourably with the Bangkok Airways suggestion.

November 24th, 2008, 17:36
... are meant to be budget, well they used to be, I have had some good deals before now from KL to BKK or Sin to BKK or KL, what a rip off 4 bht tickets but eventually cost 4000 bht. Still cheap er!! but a rip off.

colmx
November 24th, 2008, 23:20
I'm in singapore now... But running out of it!
Just paid 3,333THB for a 1-way to BKK on Air Asia... expensive but worth it to see some Thai smiles!

Never seen a place to go as downhill in such a short space of time as Club one Seven sauna in singapore has....

Also staying in the golden landmark thanks to some recommendations by others here...
Highly NOT recommended by me!
Filthy, mouldy, noisy rooms
Don't give a shit staff
Ants crawling around the reception area!

Other airlines that fly from BKK to SIN are Tiger airways and Jetstarasia, but you will have to go to SVP to use them...